Sonic and Allies vs. E-99 Egg Exterminator. FINAL BOSS FIGHT

Post videos here.
Armored Entity
Advanced Fraxian
Advanced Fraxian
Epicness: Not exactly sure, but perhaps pretty epic.

Sonic and Allies vs. E-99 Egg Exterminator. FINAL BOSS FIGHT

Post by Armored Entity »

Managed to find this video, and I thought I'd post it here, as for it is hands down among one of the most amazing and epic Final Boss Fights in anime ever! Its even cooler than the Final Sazabi one I poste before.
Sonic and his Allies vs. E-99 Egg Exterminator (or Egg Emperor in the japanese version) in Sonic X.

Now this is what I call an Anime Final Boss battle, Done Right! Look at how awesome it is to see Sonic and his Teammates face against pretty much the most awesome Eggman Mech in the entire series, even though the odds are against them and they have little power left to fight back. And the way they face back against it is so awesome to watch too. Its such an amazing fight.
Besides, look at how unbelievably awesome their opponent is. The E-99 Egg Exterminator is so amazing, its almost like what you'd get if you merged Hibachi, Evaccania Doom, WARLOCK, Big Arms, and Utsuho Reiuji into one, and made it the size of the skyscraper, and put it on a whole lot of steroids.
Not even Walpurgis Night or Sazabi are as awesome of a Final Boss as Egg Exterminator was. I still think they should've kept the name, Egg Emperor though, and just renamed the Sonic Heroes one something like "Egg Warrior." For this boss deserved the name "Egg Emperor" way more than the Sonic Heroes semi-Final Boss did. Seriously, I find this final battle to be too awesome for words.

Still though, the Final Boss fight against Dark Oak in Sonic X Season 3 was way better than this, but this one still ranks second-best in most awesome anime Final boss fights on my list. I thought I'd post this video here so you can see why.
I would like to ask a favor from for anyone who is my friend here.
If someday we meet in person in the near future, and I had recently done anything that would confirm that I had become a Brony (which as of now I am not one), such as if I had posted on a Pony-related fan-site, drawn a Pony-themed artwork, contributed to a Pony fanfic, or anything else along those lines. If I have done anything like that, I want you to punch me in the face without warning. This make sound like I'm joking, but I am absolutely serious about this. Ignore any future statements retracting this if I ever make any. Though if you do, please first confirm that it is me who is doing it, and not some Brony who is posing as me and wants to see me get punched. I do not wish to go down the path of the Bronies, and hopefully those of you reading this will help me so that it stays that way, if god forbid I ever even attempt it.
Thank you.

AlexMdle
Administrator
Administrator
Epicness: micro skills

Re: Sonic and Allies vs. E-99 Egg Exterminator. FINAL BOSS F

Post by AlexMdle »

GRRRRRR.

This is personal now. Because I know this scene.
I know it well.
I kinda used to, *coughs bile* like it.

Now however. I am going to dissect it. Limb by limb. Because no. It is not epic. It is nowhere to any of the things written above.

Watch Sonic begin with the brilliant startegy of running in circles. Yes Sonic. That will show Eggman.
Next, Chris states the painfully obvious, like the superfluous dumbass that he is. He then yells he's sorry. Not sure who he's yelling it for, pretty sure Sonic can't hear him.

Sonic then decides to attack, however the show decides one emerald should be enough for the mech to completelly outmach Sonic in speed.
He is then violently bashed through severeal buildings worth of concrete, doubtless has all his bones broken and is practically a smear on asphalt.

Oh nevermind, its an anime, so he's ok.

Chris continues to impotently yell and impotently barter with Eggman. Im starting to think Eggman could trick him again if he wished. Chris has all the brainpower of a teabag.

Then cavalry arrives. Terribly useless cavalry in incredibly bad designed crafts which in no way look a least bit aerodynamic.

Sonic continues to show some empty bravado, despite the fact that most of his organs ought to be liquified by now. The two little annoying fucking robots on Eggman's side decide to take over from Chris and continue spoonfeeding the situation to the audience.

Then the mech suddenly gains sentience, apparently and smashes Sonic into the ground again. In fact, call me crazy, but that looks an awful like recycled footage of the Mech slamming Sonic into the ground from before, just tinted orange. Quality animation work here.

Meanwhile. Everyone else floats uselessly around, pretending they have some bearing on the situation.

Chris is also trying to pass a kidney stone, before yelling Sonic's name again. This is starting to get magnitudes of creepy. And stupid. Even Eggman turns around to him for a second, as if to ask "What the fuck is up with you kid?".

Anyway, the mech punts Sonic away, which triggers a load of flashback from Chris and a very Darth Vader NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO.

Also. Turns out Eggman is sort of a shitty inventor, as Chris proceeds to finally break from the solid steel restraining. I guess the author decided they were made of candy now. Hell, it's not even the bolts going loose, he literally breaks it off from the ship's hull.

The bit where he rips the emeralds and gets burned is dramatic enough, just that the dub makes a good job at butchering that moment anyway.

Eggman decides he will not be overdone by Chris and his assistants and proceeds to vomit exposition about the things we already know instead of acting.

Yellow assistant robot: "It is interesting, doctor." No. Not it's not and you know it you piece of slime. That moment is accompained by a shot of the wall Chris broke off from, leading me to conclude that the interior of the ship is made of plastic. He and Eggman continue to waste even more time instead of acting.

Knuckles then dives in to try and not be useless, but quickly finds that he is indeed still quite useless. Apparently Chris has fallen unconscious off-camera. And also fallen off of the ship's hull off-camera. And picked by Rogue off-camera.

Chris then demands she let him go. I remind you, he is currently quite high above sea and apparently too weak to talk. Rogue wisely tells him to shut the fuck up, upon which he basically flips out and falls down.

Nice job, Chris.

Rogue says a very disaffectionate "No" and decides she's not in the mood to swoop down after Chris or the emeralds until after she finishes explaining that to the audience. The list of intelligent characters in that video is rapidly approaching zil.

Wait. Nevermind. The camera cuts back to show that she did catch Chris after all.

...wait. THE FUCK? How the fuck did she catch him? The shot right before showed that he has pretty much already reached water. BEFORE HER TALKING/FLYING DOWN. WE SEE THE EMERALDS GLITTER AS THEY HIT WATER: WHICH THEY DO LONG AFTER CHRIS. THIS IS NOT HOW CONTINUITY IS DONE, SHOW.

Anyway, the mech then scoops her up. Not sure where Chris went. Since he's not a magical hedgehog from another dimension, I assume he's paste by now.

We see a few electric surges and Eggman states that because of Chris breaking out, the mech is malfunctioning.
Yes. Those few holes in the wall are actually causing a major malfunction.

Well, not that I see any malfunctioning going on. The mech seems pretty fine. I guess I just have to believe real hard that its malfunctioning.

MEANWHILE UNDER THE SEA: Sonic, who has been breathing water for about 5 minutes by now, probably too deep to see anything around him, notoriously horrible at swimming (to the point one of the early episodes of Sonic X is about him failing miserably to swim) has managed to find and scoop up all the emeralds. How swell.

THIS IS TEXTBOOK DEUS EX MACHINA.

Cue useless characters being all "CAN IT BE?". Fuck them. Fuck the entire supporting cast of useless idiots.

Super Sonic opens his eyes and MIND SHATTERS the mech's hand. I guess he can do that.

Eggman's assistants proceed to shit their robotic pants and ask Eggman what to do. Eggman seems pretty clueless as well and decides to do nothing. Great.

The mech attacks Sonic, but cmon. We have played the games. Theres no reason to care now. Sonic has basically turned the /godmode on. Enjoy your explosions.

Bleh. The show doesnt even deliver on this. Theres a fuckhuge dome of light expanding ...for some reason.

Aaaand thats it. People do gawk at it for a few sec.

My consensus? This is quite terrible. Each side is stupid, the conflict is incredibly one-sided in either half, resolved through author pretty much throwing his arms into the air. Even the action is too slow, harmed by terrible direction and lacking any sort of tension, broken up by stupid piles of needless exposition.

Or in short.
Not even Walpurgis Night or Sazabi are as awesome of a Final Boss as Egg Exterminator was.

This is a dirty lie.
Now under new management.

Armored Entity
Advanced Fraxian
Advanced Fraxian

Post by Armored Entity »

Hey, cool your jets man. I like Deus Ex Machina finishers. Maybe you don't but I do. And plus, the ending with Super Sonic finishing off the boss made it more epic, in the same way that it did when Problem Sleuth went God-Mode on Demonhead Kingpin with his Selpulchuretude, or the way Kirby pulled a similar move on 02 by using the Crystal Gun's power. Also the way Eggman at first blew those 3 Hercules Beetle Tanks out of the sky at the start was cool in that "he means business now, he's not holding back, but neiter shall we" manner. I dunno about you, but I liked it. Plus, Egg Exterminator was one hell of a Final Boss. If only it appeared in the games too, that would've been even more epic.
AlexMdle wrote:My consensus? This is quite terrible. Each side is stupid, the conflict is incredibly one-sided in either half, resolved through author pretty much throwing his arms into the air. Even the action is too slow, harmed by terrible direction and lacking any sort of tension, broken up by stupid piles of needless exposition.

Or in short.
Not even Walpurgis Night or Sazabi are as awesome of a Final Boss as Egg Exterminator was.

This is a dirty lie.
Nah, the Final Boss against Walpurgis Night was not as good. Walpurgis was awesome, but just less awesome. I mean Walpurgis was an awesome Final Boss, but then again, the fight only lasted like 4 min, as opposed to the longer lasting fight for the Egg Exterminator. Also Homura's strategy was just pummel Walpurgis with a bunch of surface to air missiles and other explosive crap, and she did it alone. The fact that it only took one fighter for Walpurgis instead of a whole team to do it made it seem a bit less eventful. And not to mention it seemed very one-sided with the Homura vs Walpurgis Night battle too, but who cares? I'd show the Walpurgis Night Final Boss video, but sadly it has been removed from youtube.

To top it off, Walpurgis Night wasn't even the most powerful enemy in the end, but Kriemhild Gretchen was in fact stronger. And They didn't even fight Kriemhild in the end as the True Last Boss after Walpurgis, just Homura does her time paradox crap and stuff. It made Walpurgis seem weak in the end, and sort of ruined the whole Last Enemy thing. And there totally should've been an epic True Last Boss fight with Kriemhild after Walpurgis's demise, maybe with all the girls sacrificing themselves (including Homura), to vanquish Kriemhild and finally restore peace and harmony to the world again, or something.
Walpurgis Night was an awesome Final boss I admit, but not as awesome as the Egg Exterminator, and ranks 4th best on my list of best Anime Final Boss Fights.

I'd also show the Final Boss of the WARLOCK in Strike Witches, which ranks 3rd best for me, but that was also removed. WARLOCK also came close, but had some flaws I really hated, such as the Joint Fighters giving up at the start, and the way Yoshika let her guard down on WARLOCK at one point, not to mention that after they defeated WARLOCK, the secon Neuroi Hive just seemed to be destroyed for no apparent reason, even though they didn't even attack it in that battle. However, it could be assumed that WARLOCK teleported the Hivecore inside of it during the Final Boss Fight though, for safety or something, but still I wasn't a fan of that.
If someday we meet in person in the near future, and I had recently done anything that would confirm that I had become a Brony (which as of now I am not one), such as if I had posted on a Pony-related fan-site, drawn a Pony-themed artwork, contributed to a Pony fanfic, or anything else along those lines. If I have done anything like that, I want you to punch me in the face without warning. This make sound like I'm joking, but I am absolutely serious about this. Ignore any future statements retracting this if I ever make any. Though if you do, please first confirm that it is me who is doing it, and not some Brony who is posing as me and wants to see me get punched. I do not wish to go down the path of the Bronies, and hopefully those of you reading this will help me so that it stays that way, if god forbid I ever even attempt it.
Thank you.

AlexMdle
Administrator
Administrator

Post by AlexMdle »

I like Deus Ex Machina finishers. Maybe you don't but I do.
It is irrelevant whether you like it or not. Deus Ex Machina is an author ploy used when they want an easy resolution or have written themselves into a corner.

Sepulchritude was built up. We knew about it from the beginning and got teased with it multiple times. It was not a matter of whether it existed at all, but as of when it would be used.

Moreover you dont understand what makes a fight good. And its not its duration. This fight in Sonic X carried no weight. Who was winning or losing was entirely in author's hand. You could pretty much see him pull the strings even when it didnt make sense, emplyong the worst of cliches to try and write himself out of situations he had no proper way to resolve cleverly or dramatically.

THERE IS NOTHING EPIC ABOUT THAT.

Armored Entity
Advanced Fraxian
Advanced Fraxian

Post by Armored Entity »

Alright then.
Explain to me why, in your opinion, that the Final Boss fight of Homura vs. Walpurgis Night was better than this Final Boss fight?
Thank you.

PureQuestion
Epicness: 12
Gold Stars: 1

Post by PureQuestion »

Presumably lack of cop-outs.
Leech
Parasite
Alien
Angel
Hell
Demon
Wrath
Signamente -         - Necros -         - Termos        
Omnis

This signature has been signed by the End of Infinity.

AlexMdle
Administrator
Administrator

Post by AlexMdle »

Hahahahahaha. I know you try to be snappy. But really, thats pretty much what I would love to do.

Let's start with Nr. 1: THE BUILDUP

Walpurgisnacht appears in the very beginning of the show and is spoken of in the show as THE big bad. They build up the fight against her from the very beginning, which results is a FAR better payoff once it actually happens.

Sonic X: The mech is utterly random, and despite being such a "masterwork" is never mentioned before or ever talked of again later. It's entirely generic and replaceable. As such there is absolutely no payoff when it appears.

Nr. 2: The Flow

Did you really watch the Sonic X vid close? It is not good, even on technical and chronological level. Actions happen at random pace, sometimes happening completelly off-camera. That is some very bad directing. It makes it hard to follow what's happening and is in general sloppy and confusing. It has numerous continuity errors and a dissonance between people acting and talking. Like they cant do both at the same time.

Walpurgisnacht battle: Ever noticed that Homura doesnt talk? We hear her thoughts a few times, but for the most part she lets her actions speak for herself, which is FAR, FAR better than having annoying characters say what's currently happening. It does not break up the action and allows the audience to concentrate on such.

Nr. 3: Drama

I cant stress enough how much the Sonic X vid sucked in that regard. There is absolutely nothing remotely rewarding in watching it. The mech has no signification, the confrontation has nothing special. Sonic has kicked ass of mechs before and this is pretty much just another pointless boss battle, just with a slightly bigger robot.

Even the congregation of the emeralds is completelly arbitrary, because I have SEEN the show. I know that Chris was basically a giant, oblivious, brainless twat who handed over all the emeralds to Eggman when he pretended to have good intentions (very badly). Which means that this climax is completelly artificial because the author wanted to wrap up season 1. Dramatic structure - taking it full in the ass.

Meanwhile in Puella Magi: The complete opposite. I dont expect you to understand how much Walpurgisnacht stands for. You have proven far too stupid for that. But she has huge significance, besides "big boss to beat".

She is the reason the story started in the first place (lots of spoilers if I had to go deeper in that), Homura's entire motivation lies in the fact that she has to face her over and over and yet can never, ever win. Unlike the generic fucking mech in Sonic X, we dont know what the outcome will be and the show makes sure to drive home the point that there is no possible good ending, amplifying the tension the audience has.

Plain said - We dont know who will win or what the victory will bring and its implied that even the victory is in the end very pyrrhic.

But fuck that, I know you care only about one thing, the child that you are:

Nr. 4: Shit blowing up

THERE IS NO FUCKING CONTEST.

LOOK AT THE ACTION IN SONIC X. YOU CAN COUNT THE AMOUNT OF PUNCHES THROWN IN IT ON YOUR HANDS. THERE IS LITERALLY MORE POINTLESS TALK THAN ACTION. THERE ARE A FEW EXPLOSIONS IN BEGINNING, ONE DISAPPOINTING LAME IN THE END.
SONIC GETS TO DO JACK IN BEGINNING AND JACK IN THE END, WHILE EVERYONE ELSE HAS ABSOLUTELY NO FUCKING BEARING ON THE OUTCOME, FLYING AROUND USELESSLY DOING MORE JACK.

NO, SERIOUSLY. LOOK OVER TO WALPURGISNACHT:

EXPLOSIONS. MORE EXPLOSIONS. DRIVING. GUNS.

RUINS OF THE CITY WHIRLING IN THE AIR, SET ON MAGIC FIRE.

ALL THE WHILE YOU HEAR THIS.

HOW CAN YOU EVEN BEGIN TO COMPARE THOSE.

Armored Entity
Advanced Fraxian
Advanced Fraxian

Post by Armored Entity »

Okay, whatever. You just being like you are again, and plenty more. I'll just let others tell me what they think of it, who don't act like you do. Don't ask how I compare them, but I do tend to make a lot of comparisons when I explain stuff. Its just how I roll.

And yes I know what Walpurgis is significant for. Its the name of a old gathering of Witches, which is symbolized in how Walpurgis was actually all the remaining Witches fused into one powerful being (as recently stated by Shaft). And besides, I thought Kyubey was the main reason the story started, not Walpurgis. You know, with him tempting the others into making contracts with him, only to find that they are in for more than they bargained for? Kyubey of course wasn't battled last, as for its impossible to kill him (at least permanently), and he's too outwardly weak to be that much of a threat in offense.

I just don't care about that, and care more about Walpurgis being a really awesome Final Boss, except for that she was mostly ruined by the fact that there was still a stronger being, Kriemhild Gretchen, that demonstrated that Walpurgis wasn't the strongest, and still wasn't even battled afterwards as the frikkin True Last Boss of the series, which she should've.
Thank you.

AlexMdle
Administrator
Administrator

Post by AlexMdle »

Armored Entity wrote:Okay, whatever. You just being like you are again, and plenty more. I'll just let others tell me what they think of it, who don't act like you do. Don't ask how I compare them, but I do tend to make a lot of comparisons when I explain stuff. Its just how I roll.

And yes I know what Walpurgis is significant for. Its the name of a old gathering of Witches, which is symbolized in how Walpurgis was actually all the remaining Witches fused into one powerful being (as recently stated by Shaft). And besides, I thought Kyubey was the main reason the story started, not Walpurgis. You know, with him tempting the others into making contracts with him, only to find that they are in for more than they bargained for? Kyubey of course wasn't battled last, as for its impossible to kill him (at least permanently), and he's too outwardly weak to be that much of a threat in offense.

I just don't care about that, and care more about Walpurgis being a really awesome Final Boss, except for that she was mostly ruined by the fact that there was still a stronger being, Kriemhild Gretchen, that demonstrated that Walpurgis wasn't the strongest, and still wasn't even battled afterwards as the frikkin True Last Boss of the series, which she should've.
I'm done here.

Spriterkid
Elite Fraxian
Elite Fraxian
Epicness: There's something in there alright

Post by Spriterkid »

Armored Entity wrote:Okay, whatever. You just being like you are again, and plenty more. I'll just let others tell me what they think of it, who don't act like you do. Don't ask how I compare them, but I do tend to make a lot of comparisons when I explain stuff. Its just how I roll.
He's "being like he is" because you're a dumbass who won't learn anything. He told you what he thought of it and you started YET ANOTHER FIGHT with him again. Jesus Christ. The forum was better when you were banned than it is now.
RIP Ed Balls

[marquee="right","scroll","0","5"]buy flantasy flan[/marquee]
This signature has been signed by the End of fagets Infinity.