Universal Lady Justice Aya

Show us graphics, music and writing that you've done, whether you're putting it in Fraxy or not.
ShadowSpectre
Retired Staff
Retired Staff
Epicness: Mr Self Destruct
Gold Stars: One. But really pretty.

Re: Universal Lady Justice Aya

Post by ShadowSpectre »

I'm not entirely sure why you want me to discuss and explain the difference between choice and corruption, you're the person writing this story.

A dilemma is where you are in a situation where the two (or more, but vanilla dilemma is two) outcomes possible are equally undesirable. The differences between the outcomes could be personal or impersonal and how you choose between them can be viewed as pragmatism and practicality (choosing in a way that doesn't compromise your own ability to solve the undesirable situation that results) or as corruption (choosing in a way that benefits you unfairly) when in fact having to choose in that way isn't necessarily corrupt. When neither situation is pretty, but one allows you to solve the problem, choosing to benefit yourself isn't really corrupt so much as sensible, but of course, it could be exposited as such. When the two situations both benefit the protagonist in different ways, the lines between corruption and practicality begin to blur; you're really toying with the difference between choice and corruption because it's not possible to not be "corrupt" when the dilemma forces you to benefit. It's how you eventually peruse that benefit that dictates whether or not in the long run you've done things right.

I'm a little sceptical about how robust your ideas of executing some of the more complex concepts on this are, you do seem to be repeating a lot of the preordained or mentioned information within your explanations. It is base cynicism, my apologies, but it is a rather difficult thing to put ideas into practice. I've read a lot of good comments about what you're doing from a couple of members, they're impressed by your rebuttals and discussions. I'm not so sure about your explanations overall, some of them seem to repeat and reaffirm information rather than bring new points to the table, but as long as you can actually do your ambitions with this justice, I'll be satisfied. The concept is laudable. I'm less certain about some of the background, but that's personal taste, I don't usually dabble with magical girl anime, I prefer actual books, mostly historical or psychological discussions, so perhaps I missed a trick somewhere along the way. That said, don't disappoint, your ideas appear sound in the face of occasionally caustic questioning, I approve of how you hold your own here. It's rare that we have such budding writers and imaginers on this creative hellhole of a forum.
Out for lunch. Return uncertain.

JameyoftheMegacosmos
Fraxy Addict
Fraxy Addict
Epicness: Games redefine it

Post by JameyoftheMegacosmos »

Alright, just developed more on another character, Shizuko Ayumi. She becomes Aya's mentor for Part I.

Shizuko Ayumi was born in a wealthy, yet corrupt family infamous for exploiting financial systems. She was not accepted by society, especially at school, due to such infamy and disliked her rich livelihood. She eventually found a Hope Crystal and became a magical girl. However, his father, revealing to be part of the AMF, learned of this really soon and exiled her into the streets and threatened to have the AMF label her publicly as a fugitive if she spoke about her family's corruption and his involvement with the organization. She then spent her years wandering around cities, using her power to survive, and learning more as a magical girl while the AMF try to hunt her down. A barrier was overtime formed between her and nearly everyone else due to her past of unacceptance, her father's threat, and the fear of being set up by the AMF. Never less, she still looks for justice on such treatment, which later influences Aya's future actions.

Because of her past, she's is usually antisocial and silent towards others except for those she really trusts. Though she is very intelligent and a good strategist in battle, she is usually paranoid towards others who she doesn't know or trust since she always considers the risks first.

Her desire is to live a more resourceful and smarter life, so she could live more justly. From this desire, she has gain abnormal eyesight, hearing, and agility. She is also able to create sharp projectiles (needles, arrowheads, knives, etc.) and throw them with pinpoint accuracy. These of which are fast and sharp enough to pierce through light armor. However, she is weak at melee combat.

In Part I, Aya finds her getting attacked by robotic drones and AMF soldiers. When she realizes Aya's crystal, Shizuko tells her to use it. After Shizuko is knocked down on the ground, Aya uses the crystal to become a magical girl. Though Aya doesn't do much to fight, it distracts the AMF long enough for Shizuko to get back up and fight off the attack. After the battle, the magical girls greet and introduce each other. Over the section, Shizuko becomes Aya's mentor, new classmate, and teammate in battles. She even uses Aya's home as a safehouse from the AMF. As Aya learns of her new powers, she uses her subconscious-tapping ability on Shizuko first, learning of Shizuko's past and barrier between her and society. She also becomes an interest for John Livarre and the two are often rivals.

JameyoftheMegacosmos
Fraxy Addict
Fraxy Addict

Here are just summaries for what I have so far for each of the five parts.

Part I: Aya Masa is a school girl who is often humiliated and harassed by the school's in-crowd leader and trendsetter. She also has problems with her friends and trying to understand their problems. She finds a Hope Crystal one day and a few days later, she encounters a magical girl (Shizuko) being attacked by robot drones and AMF soldiers. Though she is not much help when she transforms, she saves the magical girl and the two become friends. Now Aya must learn from her new friend as uses her new powers to break the social barrier separating her and understand her friends while struggling to survive against the AMF.
Villains: John Livarre, Ashley Haylon the Social

Part II: Trying to recuperate from her loss, Aya moves on with her new friends and united old ones. As they continue to fight against the AMF's more public attacks and are antagonized by the media, Aya learns more about being a magical girl and eventually tries to work in becoming a Lady Justice. Meanwhile, one of Aya's friends finds a wealthy, traditional classmate who was immediately yanked out of the school shortly after the battle against one of the AMF Commanders and decided look more into his problems, finding a big surprise along the way. In addition, a government official who also witnesses the same battle decides to have someone investigate on the matter.
Villains: John Livarre, Bernie Cooper the Economic, Bud Perry the Intellectual

Part III: With Aya now a Lady Justice and defeating two of their Commanders, taking away their major control of the media and corporate funding, the AMF find her a critical threat. They now label the magical girl group as a terrorist organization and unofficially declare martial law on Japan, occupying the country with a massive army and catching serious international attention. As the battles become more intense, new characters and previous enemies join the magical girls in their war against the occupying AMF forces. One of these allies, however, is a mysterious magical girl, who give warnings and has intentions involving Aya Masa.
Villains: John Livarre, Jaybow the Physical, Theseus Cartman the Emotional

Part IV: To stop the growing power of the magical girls, the AMF manipulate many countries to join their extermination, resulting in the declaration of World War III. In addition to the war, magical girls known as the The "Walled", magical girls who completely isolate themselves from the world and only fight for themselves, and "Destroyers", those take advantage of the powers and desires to cause more harm than good. Aya now not only must fight these new threats, but also her own problems and barriers set up by herself.
Villains: Bud Perry the Intellectual, Mitchel Graves the Political, David Hathorne the Religious, The Walled, Destroyers

Part V: As the war becomes apocalyptic, Aya now has serious trouble fighting the final commander, David Hathorne the Religious, and struggles greatly in finding the reason why. Never less, Luke Feral, the mastermind and true leader of the AMF, and his daughter become irritated and afraid of the magical girls' power and decides to start handling it themselves by spreading despair and annihilating the population. Once Aya finds her answers and truth, overcomes her personal barriers of doubt and fear, and discovering her true power and desire, she eventually becomes the most powerful Lady Justice and fights Luke Feral in a final battle to determine the fate of the universe.
Villains: David Hathorne the Religious, The Walled, Destroyers, Lucy Feral, Luke Feral

JameyoftheMegacosmos
Fraxy Addict
Fraxy Addict

There is one thing I may have trouble with and would be the theme song. Following my summary from the start of the topic, what is likely to be a good one? I'm not really good at finding songs in Japanese, though I know it may have to be one.

CoreShooter
Excelling Fraxian
Excelling Fraxian
Epicness: Perhaps
Gold Stars: 1

Post by CoreShooter »

Huge tip: Make own music
If you stop raging
It's ragequitting

Garoslaw
VIP Member
VIP Member
Gold Stars: 4

Post by Garoslaw »

CoreShooter° wrote:Huge tip: Make own music
And then you realize Jamey is incapable of doing so.

lemme fix that
CoreShooter° wrote:Huge tip: Make others make music for you
:yap:

JameyoftheMegacosmos
Fraxy Addict
Fraxy Addict

Garoslaw wrote:
CoreShooter° wrote:Huge tip: Make own music
And then you realize Jamey is incapable of doing so.

lemme fix that
CoreShooter° wrote:Huge tip: Make others make music for you
Yeah, I'm not that good at making music, though I can tell if a song fits or not.

Anyon interested in this who may want to help? What may be a problem would be things like lyrics and how it would connect to the story.

JameyoftheMegacosmos
Fraxy Addict
Fraxy Addict

Summaries for the first two parts of the anime should be coming soon. Until then, here are new bios.

Kyoko Liu- A Chinese-Japanese boy, who is a friend of Aya. Part of a wealthy family, he was often made to be a violinist. Though he does have some interest in the violin, he finds something not right with the lifestyle he's put in, and a few times would have troubles with his parents. He goes out to find the answers why after becoming a magical boy.

Kyoko's desire when becoming a magical boy is make his parents understand his troubles. Out of his desire, he has gained powers of hypnosis and time manipulation, being able to slow and speed up time. His main weapon is a large violin bow that he uses as a sword with the string as the blade.

He is often frustrated and stressed about his workload set by his parents without knowing any reason why. After being a magical boy and learning more, he believes they are trying to put family and commercial success over everything else, which he (especially commercial success) believes is wrong. Though those are part of the reasons, his parents only do it because they wanted such work to help him later on in life (In contrast to one of the Commanders, Bud Perry, who does it more to the extreme out of mere obsession of his family name.) Never less, he cares a lot about his family, usually is a man of his word, and would fulfill any promise he makes, even if it is long overdue.

In Part I, there are some clues of his troubles, but he doesn't give enough information for Aya to understand. Once Aya is labeled as an associate of the so-called fugitive, Shizuko, he is angry at Aya for such a thing and breaks away from her. However, he comes back and like Aya's other two friends, reunites with her after knowing the truth during her battle against Ashley.

John Livarre- A high-ranking member of the AMF, known for his sharpshooting skills and experience in hunting magical girls. He was born in an impoverished family and lived in a place infested by despair. Because so, he was very used to despair and psychological stress. He trained himself at shooting and weapon wielding and worked seriously hard as a way to get on top. When old enough, he eventually was covertly taken by the AMF, which made him a soldier and eventually an officer. Though he had several rough moments before, he's been keeping his loyalty to the AMF ever since.

Livarre is usually a man who prefers to work hard, not relying on chance, miracles, or help from everyone. He claims technology to be superior due to his dislike of magic. Though he does not have anything against magical girls, he dislikes how they put so much trust in their magic they do try to learn about reality, always using it to take the easy way out on things, and sometimes taking advantage of it to cause more harm than good.

Livarre doesn't have supernatural abilities of his own, but he's very good at shooting and close combat weapons such as swords. He's capable to understanding and handling situations very well and can take on a few magical girls on his own. His most common weapon is a high caliber bolt action sniper rifle (carrying a large variety of ammunition) and a katana.

In Part I, he is introduced a while into the series attempting to snipe Shizuko and Aya. Shizuko already knew he was there and he and the few robot drones appear in front of them. After being surprised by Aya's power transform into other magical girls, he flees from the scene. He is mostly a rival to Shizuko, but becomes interested in Aya overtime.

ShadowSpectre
Retired Staff
Retired Staff
Epicness: Mr Self Destruct
Gold Stars: One. But really pretty.

Post by ShadowSpectre »

I find it funny that you think spoilers are important at this point in time.
Out for lunch. Return uncertain.

JameyoftheMegacosmos
Fraxy Addict
Fraxy Addict

ShadowSpectre wrote:I find it funny that you think spoilers are important at this point in time.
Yeah, especially since there's no point in telling the story if I already tell everything that happens next. Especially since it may change over time.

Neverless, what DO you think of my new characters as of right now. I have plenty more, but still need things like names.