Megacosmos

Show us graphics, music and writing that you've done, whether you're putting it in Fraxy or not.
JameyoftheMegacosmos
Fraxy Addict
Fraxy Addict
Epicness: Games redefine it

Megacosmos

Post by JameyoftheMegacosmos »

For a while, I've been working on a massive cross-media project that I call Megacosmos (as said in my name). It involves a circle of universes that behave like cells and orbit the center like planets. It was first colonized by two universal superpowers after their universe was devastated in a war. Now it's currently divided into ten nations/territories that run the universes differently. There are multiple storylines, but most of them follow a band of mercenaries from the real world.

Here's one video for one of the shmup games of the project. It's branch from a root shmup I call Megacosmos: Division. This one is called Megacosmos: Despair, and you could see it as something like Puella Magi Madoka Magica + Dodonpachi + Gradius.

JameyoftheMegacosmos
Fraxy Addict
Fraxy Addict

Re: Megacosmos

In Despair, a dystopian corptocratic nation called the Ultra Corporation has resumed ancient research on the Puella Magi unvierse, though its in a rivaling nation called the Rights Coalition. They eventually gain a power similar to Incubators, harvesting positive and negative emotions and convert them into energy and matter.

Also in the project, there is a law in the Megacosmos where certain powers can only work in their universe and objects within. This has applied to Goddess Madoka, meaning that Witches still can't be made in Puella Magi, but they can be made in other universes. The Ultra Corporation take advantage of this and develop the Witch Nexi, giant machines that create alternate dimensions in a universe and feasts on emotions to create weapons and Witches of people (dead or alive, male or female, human or non-human, etc).

You play as the Winged Saviors, a group of mercenaries from the real world who recruit characters from other universes and fly advanced ships to fight threats such as the Ultra Corporation. The ship I'm using is a well-rounded ship called the Savior, fighting the Charlotte-type Witch Nexus.

At least some of this is not mine. I have no ownership of any copyrighted material. All credit of copyrighted material should go directly to their owners respecitvely.

Just as note, this boss was actually the idea of Metarex Master. I then made it as a boss. I do have many of my own though such as the Sayaka-type, Oktavia-type, Mami-type, Kyoko-type, and Homura-type. I'l also have the Walpurgis-type, Gretchen-type, and Kyubey-type.

Armored Entity
Advanced Fraxian
Advanced Fraxian
Epicness: Not exactly sure, but perhaps pretty epic.

Post by Armored Entity »

Yes, I have been helping Jamey with this in ways. I personally think it is going to be awesome when completed.
This Cross-Project also incorporates stuff from other universes, including Strike Witches, Naruto, Touhou, and a few others. It is going to be quite a huge fan-game when it is completed.

Another thing about it. He also plans to incorporate Drone enemies in it who are modeled after the Seven Deadly Sins. He also has Ultra-Corp enemy ships in it that are named after types of cruelty, such as Whip, Injector, Butcher, etc.
I would like to ask a favor from for anyone who is my friend here.
If someday we meet in person in the near future, and I had recently done anything that would confirm that I had become a Brony (which as of now I am not one), such as if I had posted on a Pony-related fan-site, drawn a Pony-themed artwork, contributed to a Pony fanfic, or anything else along those lines. If I have done anything like that, I want you to punch me in the face without warning. This make sound like I'm joking, but I am absolutely serious about this. Ignore any future statements retracting this if I ever make any. Though if you do, please first confirm that it is me who is doing it, and not some Brony who is posing as me and wants to see me get punched. I do not wish to go down the path of the Bronies, and hopefully those of you reading this will help me so that it stays that way, if god forbid I ever even attempt it.
Thank you.

JameyoftheMegacosmos
Fraxy Addict
Fraxy Addict

That's correct. Though I also think it would be cool when it's done, I have some concerns along with it.

I also got a massive original cast set up (both protagonists and antagonists), a large set of stories, and tring to find all the tropes within them.

Also been developing a soundtrack for Despair. Here are the current songs:

Sayaka-type Stage (Stage 1)- PMMM: Connect (Game Instrumental)
Oktavia-type Stage (Stage 2)-
Mami-type Stage (Stage 3) - PMMM: Gradus Phohibitus (second half)
Ultra Corporation Theme (Subboss Theme)- Gradius V: Poison of Snake/Dark Force
Kyoko-type Stage (Stage 4)- Strike Witches STG Stage 2- Song 3- Gengaozo
Walpurgis-type Stage (Stage 5)- Eden's Aegis: Lonely Clown
Homura-type Stage (Stage 6)- Hellsinker: Rusted Dragon Theme
Gretchen-type Stage 2 (Final Stage Theme 2)- Gradius V: Elephant Gear
Boss Theme- Espgaluda II: Descend
Final Boss Theme- RelfeX: Despair Cancer

White Glint
Elite Fraxian
Elite Fraxian

Post by White Glint »

There should be TLB unlocked on Loop 2, if there is a Loop 2 btw.
Current Project(s): Evacé =CFA-44=
Later Projects/Need to Balance:
Completed Projects: Crimson Heart Remake, Dareaki Battleship 500K (Phase 1), Berzé Multi Type, Beezer Gorgoton Type, ESD VI - Maer, Hinderance, Answerer
Lost Projects: Hell's Gate, King Lorentus XIV
Also known as: Black Heart, Medako, Koko
Image Image Image Image Image Image

JameyoftheMegacosmos
Fraxy Addict
Fraxy Addict

Phoenix MK.II wrote:There should be TLB unlocked on Loop 2, if there is a Loop 2 btw.
There won't be a Loop 2, but the difficulty will vary for the stages. There is a TLB as well as Secret bosses, but under certain conditions.

Halico
Fraxy God
Fraxy God
Epicness: Is an idiot also genius asdfsadf

Post by Halico »

Looks like you randomly cancels bullet.
Whee.

JameyoftheMegacosmos
Fraxy Addict
Fraxy Addict

Dualer wrote:Looks like you randomly cancels bullet.
What do you mean by that?

The Savior ship had a special where it could create a sheild atound itself and reflect enemy shots. The ships also have a health bar and heal when they get hit.
Last edited by JameyoftheMegacosmos on Tue May 08, 2012 1:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Halico
Fraxy God
Fraxy God
Epicness: Is an idiot also genius asdfsadf

Post by Halico »

JameyoftheMegacosmos wrote:
Dualer wrote:Looks like you randomly cancels bullet.
What do you mean by that?

The Savior ship had a special where it could create a shield around itself and reflect enemy shots. The ships also have a health bar and heal when they get hit.
Then how does player die since bullet looks deleted when it collides with ship but player's hitbox is in the ship so the bullet is cancelled before reaches hitbox.
Whee.

JameyoftheMegacosmos
Fraxy Addict
Fraxy Addict

I think what you may be seeing is the temporary shield protecting the ship from all fire until a certain amount of time.