Quickstage 1st - Sky Assault

Share your Fraxy bosses, drones, and TRY files here. You can also show previews here.
Scionox
Elite Fraxian
Elite Fraxian
Epicness: Rawr
Gold Stars: 1

Quickstage 1st - Sky Assault

Post by Scionox »

Arcade-like stage made in roughly 24 hours for Quickboss contest Redux 6: http://www.fraxyhq.com/forums/viewtopic ... 434#p40434" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; ^_^ .

Includes custom graphics, scoring system, player weapon and custom player movement speed ^o^!

Download: http://www.mediafire.com/?t2y4wg7u4d1qbhg" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Video:
Requirements:
Fraxy version 20120108beta.

How to install:
1: Simply download zip and unpack it into your fraxy/try directory.
2: Stage should appear in try menu in game under name 'Sky Assault'.
3: Click and play!

Controls:
Mostly standard Fraxy controls, which are changeable through config.exe ^.^ .
What differs:
Boost button now slows ship instead of boosting.
Power bar displayed above player.
Holding boost button charges player weapon at cost of less spread fire while charging, release boost button at needed power bar level to release it(Max bar = max charge)!
Use extra button to release the bomb that will clear the screen from enemy bullets and damage enemies, you have only 2 of these per life and there is slight delay of bomb reloading between uses.

Scoring system:
It's pretty simple: killing enemies raises multiplier which multiplies score that killed enemies give!
Warning, dying or bombing lowers multiplier.
Tip: Killing midboss quickly spawns bonus enemy fighters to help raise your multiplier.

Known bugs:
Player ship speed is buggy near edges of screen due to how hacky custom player movement system is, please avoid getting there whenever possible ^_^; .

Unknown bugs:
Tell me about them o_^!

Special thanks:
The Phantom - help with playtesting.
Leaderboard wrote:1: SPIDER - 28,643,530 - ALL
2: Medako - 9,406,590 - ALL
3: Zaximillian - 1,363,000 - MIDBOSS
4:
5:
6:
7:
8:
9:
10:
(If you want your score on leaderboard, post replay or video, and i'll add them ^o^)
Last edited by Scionox on Sat Jun 30, 2012 2:25 am, edited 3 times in total.
Was known as: <Insert huge list of nicknames i wont ever use again>
Ancient creation list: http://www.fraxyhq.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1526" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
YouTube Channel: Click
Rawr.

This signature has been signed by the End of Infinity.

Armored Entity
Advanced Fraxian
Advanced Fraxian
Epicness: Not exactly sure, but perhaps pretty epic.

Re: Quickstage 1st - Sky Assault

Post by Armored Entity »

Pretty dang good. I see it looks a lot like Ketsui, but more futuristic.

Also, are you still working on Fraxypachi?
I would like to ask a favor from for anyone who is my friend here.
If someday we meet in person in the near future, and I had recently done anything that would confirm that I had become a Brony (which as of now I am not one), such as if I had posted on a Pony-related fan-site, drawn a Pony-themed artwork, contributed to a Pony fanfic, or anything else along those lines. If I have done anything like that, I want you to punch me in the face without warning. This make sound like I'm joking, but I am absolutely serious about this. Ignore any future statements retracting this if I ever make any. Though if you do, please first confirm that it is me who is doing it, and not some Brony who is posing as me and wants to see me get punched. I do not wish to go down the path of the Bronies, and hopefully those of you reading this will help me so that it stays that way, if god forbid I ever even attempt it.
Thank you.

Scionox
Elite Fraxian
Elite Fraxian

Post by Scionox »

Armored Entity wrote: Pretty dang good. I see it looks a lot like Ketsui, but more futuristic.
Glad you liked it ^o^!
Armored Entity wrote:
Also, are you still working on Fraxypachi?
Not going to work on clone's projects until i get enough information about them, sorry ^_^; .
Ancient creation list: http://www.fraxyhq.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1526" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Rawr.

Armored Entity
Advanced Fraxian
Advanced Fraxian
Epicness: Not exactly sure, but perhaps pretty epic.

Post by Armored Entity »

Dr. Roboevil wrote:
Armored Entity wrote: Also, are you still working on Fraxypachi?
Not going to work on clone's projects until i get enough information about them, sorry ^_^; .
What? I thought you said that you've played them. What information do you not know about them?

Also I loved the boss. The boss was very Neuroi-esque to me, which I like. Does the boss have a name at all?
I would like to ask a favor from for anyone who is my friend here.
If someday we meet in person in the near future, and I had recently done anything that would confirm that I had become a Brony (which as of now I am not one), such as if I had posted on a Pony-related fan-site, drawn a Pony-themed artwork, contributed to a Pony fanfic, or anything else along those lines. If I have done anything like that, I want you to punch me in the face without warning. This make sound like I'm joking, but I am absolutely serious about this. Ignore any future statements retracting this if I ever make any. Though if you do, please first confirm that it is me who is doing it, and not some Brony who is posing as me and wants to see me get punched. I do not wish to go down the path of the Bronies, and hopefully those of you reading this will help me so that it stays that way, if god forbid I ever even attempt it.
Thank you.

Scionox
Elite Fraxian
Elite Fraxian

Post by Scionox »

Updated to version 1.01, which fixes a bug that don't saved scores correctly on Game Over, all replays from version 1.00 should be compatible with 1.01 (Thanks to Zaximillian for noticing the bug).
Rawr.

Halico
Fraxy God
Fraxy God
Epicness: Is an idiot also genius asdfsadf

Post by Halico »

Lost to first boss due to bomb delay being a bit too long
I mean the time between bombs there's a gap between it

anyways recorded replays
fraxy don't detect replays >_<
so can't send replay
Whee.