Fr±x►. pubæc rele±s► 0.32

Share your Fraxy bosses, drones, and TRY files here. You can also show previews here.
AlexMdle
Administrator
Administrator
Epicness: micro skills

Re: Fr±x►. pubæc rele±s► 0.11

Post by AlexMdle »

Metarex Master wrote:Okay, I downloaded and played this released version. I see you added some things, like these reflecting Laser drones, and those power ball wave drones that appeared alongside them in groups of 5 at one point.

However, I have some problems with the massive mechanical Death Wheel boss in the second stage that I'd like to ask.
-First of all, some of the attacks appear to require you to get inside the wheel to fight it. I didn't know this until a little bit after Phase 2. How exactly do you do that? I saw no Entry points on the wheel.
-Second of all, I found that I was able to harm it on some attacks by hitting the outsides, which appeared to defeat the point of the boss. I find it would be better if you give the boss less health, and make the Center Part of the Wheel the Weak Spot.
-Third of all, I felt that the boss seemed a bit too hard for this kind of try, but that's just me here.

Thought I would let you know. Also did you base the Death Wheel off of my Oculun V2? It looks like you did in ways, not that I mind or anything.
1. It's insides take up around 80% of the wheel. It's pretty much natural and required to get inside it.
2. Yes. You can attack it from outside, but once phase 2 starts, it will kill you.
3. Nope.
4. Lolno.
Now under new management.

Armored Entity
Advanced Fraxian
Advanced Fraxian
Epicness: Not exactly sure, but perhaps pretty epic.

Post by Armored Entity »

Some of this I understand, but could you at least make there a message that appears on screen that says "GET IN" when it appears? I didn't know till later on that you had to get inside of it (its design reminded me of Macrocore, which is fought from the outside, and the part on the inside made it look like you had to be outside), and by then my only way to do that was to lose a life and fly in. Just do that to give the player a heads up what they have to do there.
Also I think that you can fix the thing of being able to attack it form the outside by using an invisible invulnerable barrier surrounding the boss from the outside.

Also a few other things with it.
-Could you make the Big Cores/Cancer Cores not explode more slowly? You know that if you make a Big Core/Cancer Core turn hidden right before it explodes, it is destroyed instantly without the longer explosion animation. I just think it looks wierd when all the other parts blow up right then, and then you see all the Big Cores/Cancer Cores there for a few seconds and then they explode last. I found out how to fix that, so could you add that to it?
-I do not see the interface that you were using with it last time appear. Could you make it so that the interface that is for this try appears on-screen while playing?
-How many stages are you planning on this having? I wanna know.

One last thing. I found some good music you should probably use in the next stages (for the stage, not the boss).

EDIT: Also I found this fanmade shmup called Procyon, which I think you should look at. It uses a similar system to this, and might give you some ideas for the stages/bosses.
I would like to ask a favor from for anyone who is my friend here.
If someday we meet in person in the near future, and I had recently done anything that would confirm that I had become a Brony (which as of now I am not one), such as if I had posted on a Pony-related fan-site, drawn a Pony-themed artwork, contributed to a Pony fanfic, or anything else along those lines. If I have done anything like that, I want you to punch me in the face without warning. This make sound like I'm joking, but I am absolutely serious about this. Ignore any future statements retracting this if I ever make any. Though if you do, please first confirm that it is me who is doing it, and not some Brony who is posing as me and wants to see me get punched. I do not wish to go down the path of the Bronies, and hopefully those of you reading this will help me so that it stays that way, if god forbid I ever even attempt it.
Thank you.

Xeilumardrox
Epicness: Contradictory
Gold Stars: 5

Post by Xeilumardrox »

MM, you have responded to this topic quite late. A post this late is usually considered a "necrobump" and would usually result in this topic being locked.

A sudden spontaneous bump of a thread that wasn't active for a long time from someone who isn't the owner of the topic messes with the "flow" of the forums, and encourages necrobumping to newer members, which is not a good thing.

It would be perhaps okay if there were still occasionally mentions of this TRY project still being active somewhere like in the SB, however, as there were mentions of this topic anywhere, it would be best for such responses to be through PMs instead of direct posts in the topic.

I would lock this topic, but due to the possibility of the owner (AlexMdle) still running this project, it's up to him to decide what to do with this topic.
Current Fraxy Projects:
MoSF XVIII - Desire, FraxyHQ Try Project

Annoyance Points: 0/5 *RESET*

Formerly known as Vortexreaper and Scytheradrox...

This signature has been signed by the End of Infinity.

Armored Entity
Advanced Fraxian
Advanced Fraxian

Post by Armored Entity »

Sorry, didn't mean to. I just wanted to offer some suggestions and stuff. I am sure he's still working on it though.
If someday we meet in person in the near future, and I had recently done anything that would confirm that I had become a Brony (which as of now I am not one), such as if I had posted on a Pony-related fan-site, drawn a Pony-themed artwork, contributed to a Pony fanfic, or anything else along those lines. If I have done anything like that, I want you to punch me in the face without warning. This make sound like I'm joking, but I am absolutely serious about this. Ignore any future statements retracting this if I ever make any. Though if you do, please first confirm that it is me who is doing it, and not some Brony who is posing as me and wants to see me get punched. I do not wish to go down the path of the Bronies, and hopefully those of you reading this will help me so that it stays that way, if god forbid I ever even attempt it.
Thank you.

PureQuestion
Epicness: 12
Gold Stars: 1

Post by PureQuestion »

The try is technically still supposed to be in development, so I don't think it qualifies as a necropost.
Leech
Parasite
Alien
Angel
Hell
Demon
Wrath
Signamente -         - Necros -         - Termos        
Omnis

This signature has been signed by the End of Infinity.

Armored Entity
Advanced Fraxian
Advanced Fraxian

Post by Armored Entity »

I see you've gotten farther now, as from the new video.

Nice job now. I like the new effects and Player Weapon, and the player-shield looks better too. The Radio Zonde/Hellsinker sound effects are great too, and I also agree that Nimbus is a better boss theme for this, it fits much better. I see there's some new enemies too, like those Crab-like things and the rotating orbs that shoot bullets everywhere.

Stage 2 looks a lot better now, and I see Stage 3 is done. Stage 3 was pretty good. I liked the crusher ceiling and floor traps, sorta reminded me of part of Dustman's Stage in Megaman 4. The Gun-wall boss in Stage 3 was awesome too with its main cannon and regenerating sub-turrets.

I have some problems with it still though. Do you suppose you could fix these?
-The Stage 3 lasers seem to come too suddenly, leaving little notice for the player to dodge them. Could you make there some sort of hint like a Search light or a laser pointer (made from a really thin, non-damaging E-wall) or something to give the player a heads up so that it isn't so cheap?
-Could you make the Cancer Cores explode simultaneously with the rest of the parts so it looks better? You know you can make that happen by making the Cancer Cores turn hidden as soon as the other parts are destroyed, which makes them explode instantly without the Cancer Core destruction animation. I could probably fix that for you if you want.
-Could you make the boss's final destruction animations a bit more awesome-looking? Like instead of at the end it just blows up like all the other enemies, make it like a bunch of small explosions all over it, then one big one that obliterates the boss or something. Something that makes defeating it a little more, well, "satisfying."
-For how the large lasers stop when they hit an enemy, I saw that sometimes it appears to stop a little bit out from where the enemy is, and not exactly on it. Like there is some space in-between the place they hit and the enemy's back. One notable instance is the indestructable Search-light Turrets in Stage 3. Try making the E-walls or barriers or whatever it is you use for them smaller, so that it looks more realistic and stops where it should. Test it out too and make sure the laser stops where it should.

Also can we please have a DL Link for the new version?
Thank you.

AlexMdle
Administrator
Administrator

Post by AlexMdle »

The Stage 3 lasers seem to come too suddenly, leaving little notice for the player to dodge them. Could you make there some sort of hint like a Search light or a laser pointer (made from a really thin, non-damaging E-wall) or something to give the player a heads up so that it isn't so cheap?
I playtested that part (And the entiriety of stage 3) about 50 times by now. It's far easier than it looks like.

Also. There is a large line of glowing, pulsating red crosshairs before each laser blast. Dont tell me you didnt notice those o_o
Could you make the Cancer Cores explode simultaneously with the rest of the parts so it looks better? You know you can make that happen by making the Cancer Cores turn hidden as soon as the other parts are destroyed, which makes them explode instantly without the Cancer Core destruction animation. I could probably fix that for you if you want.
I think I did just that, but it didnt work and I havent bothered since.
Could you make the boss's final destruction animations a bit more awesome-looking? Like instead of at the end it just blows up like all the other enemies, make it like a bunch of small explosions all over it, then one big one that obliterates the boss or something. Something that makes defeating it a little more, well, "satisfying."
Presentation is secondary to gameplay, at least at the moment. I'd rather focus on finishing the stages and bosses first.
For how the large lasers stop when they hit an enemy, I saw that sometimes it appears to stop a little bit out from where the enemy is, and not exactly on it. Like there is some space in-between the place they hit and the enemy's back. One notable instance is the indestructable Search-light Turrets in Stage 3. Try making the E-walls or barriers or whatever it is you use for them smaller, so that it looks more realistic and stops where it should. Test it out too and make sure the laser stops where it should.
I already noticed that, but it seemed an awfully unimportant thing to do at the moment. In other words, the answer to last question.

...Also, whatever gave you the idea that I finished stage 3 :V That was just a miniboss.
The first one.

Armored Entity
Advanced Fraxian
Advanced Fraxian

Post by Armored Entity »

Oh wait, I see the crosshairs now. Funny I didn't notice them before. Well then I suppose there's no need to fix that then.
And I see now. You're going to make the looks better when it is finished, but you're focusing on the gameplay now. Well that is okay I guess. However I edited the Cancer Core thing myself for me when I download the old version, and it works just right. Dunno why it doesn't for you though, maybe a bug or something?

Oh, I didn't think this was going to have Minibosses. Well if there is more than one I can't wait to see what the next one is going to be like. So Stage 3 is essentially the Boss Rush stage?

And I'd also like to ask. What is the music you used for Stage 3?
Thank you.

AlexMdle
Administrator
Administrator

Post by AlexMdle »

Armored Entity wrote:Stage 3 is essentially the Boss Rush stage?
Nope.

Garoslaw
VIP Member
VIP Member
Gold Stars: 4

Post by Garoslaw »

Is Stage 3 Is some sort of an underground stage?
:yap: