Thoughts about Fraxy bosses and possible solutions (YMMV)

Talk about anything Fraxy-related here. If you need help with Fraxy or the forums, you can ask here.
Scionox
Elite Fraxian
Elite Fraxian
Epicness: Rawr
Gold Stars: 1

Thoughts about Fraxy bosses and possible solutions (YMMV)

Post by Scionox »

I was watching videos of Fraxy bosses and playing some of them, but after playing mostly only arcade shmups and doujin shmups for the time i was not on this forum, Fraxy bosses... just don't have good feel anymore. ^_^;

They have feel of lost work/effort, or unfinished ideas that will not get completed.

The bosses in games are supposed to play culmination role of part of the game, be it stage, or final.
The whole meaning of word 'boss' is to be 'leader' of something.
But can it be leader if there is no forces to lead...

Well, i might sound a bit crazy, but i am suggesting to form a team that will make an interesting stages to fit for the bosses that already was made, including player weapons and scoring system. ^_^

Yes, that's not how everyone used to make things in Fraxy before.
But look at that from the other side: it will be a second life given to all of these bosses of the past that any of you liked at some point ^o^ .
And not just life, but a proper life of actual bosses rather than unfinished creations.

If this idea gets enough support, i will happily form a collab thread for all of you who wants to contribute to, and where we will discuss how we will do it ^.^ !
Was known as: <Insert huge list of nicknames i wont ever use again>
Ancient creation list: http://www.fraxyhq.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1526" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
YouTube Channel: Click
Rawr.

This signature has been signed by the End of Infinity.

Halico
Fraxy God
Fraxy God
Epicness: Is an idiot also genius asdfsadf

Re: Thoughts about Fraxy bosses and possible solutions (YMMV

Post by Halico »

(note the first part where boss is not onscreen, the Mini Storm Hearts are fought before Storm Heart)
Whee.

Armored Entity
Advanced Fraxian
Advanced Fraxian
Epicness: Not exactly sure, but perhaps pretty epic.

Post by Armored Entity »

I noticed this feel after I was banned from Youtube. Before then, they actually seemed very impressive both to play and watch (not just mine, but other's too). After that, most of the ones I've been seeing don't seem as good anymore, and were only treated to ones like those made by DrThunderousX and other lesser creators. I don't think I really have anything to do with it, but its just an observation I recently had. Why can't we have more creators like Zarro, Alexmdle, Purequestion, and others?
I would like to ask a favor from for anyone who is my friend here.
If someday we meet in person in the near future, and I had recently done anything that would confirm that I had become a Brony (which as of now I am not one), such as if I had posted on a Pony-related fan-site, drawn a Pony-themed artwork, contributed to a Pony fanfic, or anything else along those lines. If I have done anything like that, I want you to punch me in the face without warning. This make sound like I'm joking, but I am absolutely serious about this. Ignore any future statements retracting this if I ever make any. Though if you do, please first confirm that it is me who is doing it, and not some Brony who is posing as me and wants to see me get punched. I do not wish to go down the path of the Bronies, and hopefully those of you reading this will help me so that it stays that way, if god forbid I ever even attempt it.
Thank you.

Scionox
Elite Fraxian
Elite Fraxian

Post by Scionox »

@Dualer

No, i mean using boss resources that are scattered around to make Fraxy engine based shmup, with actual balanced stages, player weapons and scoring system, well, or series of shmups if it goes really good ^_^ .

@Hyphen

I am glad you have same opinion on this.

@Armored Entity

You misunderstood what i was saying, i suppose ^_^; ?
Ancient creation list: http://www.fraxyhq.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1526" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Rawr.

Halico
Fraxy God
Fraxy God

Post by Halico »

Dr. Roboevil wrote:@Dualer

No, i mean using boss resources that are scattered around to make Fraxy engine based shmup, with actual balanced stages, player weapons and scoring system, well, or series of shmups if it goes really good ^_^ .
So, something like Final Fraxy?
Whee.

Scionox
Elite Fraxian
Elite Fraxian

Post by Scionox »

Never saw Final Fraxy, sorry, can't answer.
Rawr.

Halico
Fraxy God
Fraxy God

Post by Halico »

Or something like FHQ? (vid below)
Whee.

PureQuestion
Epicness: 12

Post by PureQuestion »

that could be interesting...

But how would you choose which bosses? There's a lot of them out there, and it might be interesting to see people try to build a stage around the idea...

And for the people who don't understand, assuming I understand, the suggestion here is to take existing Fraxy bosses and make stages for them.
Leech
Parasite
Alien
Angel
Hell
Demon
Wrath
Signamente -         - Necros -         - Termos        
Omnis

Scionox
Elite Fraxian
Elite Fraxian

Post by Scionox »

@PureQuestion

Glad you find idea interesting ^_^ .
As for which bosses...
Well...
We might vote/nominate them when/if collab gets started(Only thing that would be hard with it is to maintain difficulty curve and overall theme, i suppose), only thing i can suggest is that no more than 1 boss from single creator per shmup, so we can have different boss style going on per stage.
Rawr.

PureQuestion
Epicness: 12

Post by PureQuestion »

I would suggest that if you want the collab to get started you should probably just go start it.
Leech
Parasite
Alien
Angel
Hell
Demon
Wrath
Signamente -         - Necros -         - Termos        
Omnis