Weapon Looping Tutorial

Talk about anything Fraxy-related here. If you need help with Fraxy or the forums, you can ask here.
SnipeHeart
Elite Fraxian
Elite Fraxian
Epicness: Your mom
Gold Stars: 1

Weapon Looping Tutorial

Post by SnipeHeart »

I figured that after seeing so many new members I might as well make this small tutorial to help them and avoid problems I myself and others have probably ( probably not also ) face. Also, this will keep less posts out of the help section, but if they don't see something here then they can go to the help section.

This is useful so that instead of having all of your attacks firing at once, you will have specific ones firing and others in line for the next attack.

Please note that this is MY process, not everyone else's!!!

Step 1
Create a Rolling Panel and set it's movement action to 7,8,9,or 10 due to it being an endless loop. Put the Panel somewhere that is easy to find and next to your boss, out of the way of everything, set its appearance to "Hide."

Step 2
Create the combinations of parts to attack with, make sure it is both what you are aiming for, and something that you think is a good attack.

Step 3
After testing the attack, switch all of those parts movements to "Off." This is where you use your Rolling Panel.

Step 4
Go to the events place on your Rolling Panel and follow what I say here, or else it may not work when you want the move action to play, but you set it for move frame. I'm going to ASSUME you don't know where it is though, so click on the Rolling Panel and when you see it's info, click the middle (2nd) tab on the top of that window. Now what you hit is new, you should see a list of things that looks confusing ( Which over time it gets less confusing. ) Now follow this list! Let's say you have a Twin Bullet that you want to fire between frames 100 and 600, this is what you should put!

Hit New

Conditions:
Movement Frame = 100

Actions:
Play Movement - Part 27 - Twin Bullet

[X] - Don't delete after execution

- Right here you hit "Dup" as it is much easier and helps keeps things organized!

Conditions
Movement Frame = 600

Actions:
Stop Movement - Part 27 - Twin Bullet

[X] Don't delete after execution.

Now keep on doing this until you get as many attack patterns as you want. Keep repeating this process with other parts and different frames. I, myself, need things as simple as possible to actually understand things ( *Cough* Math *Cough* Not that math has a lot to do with fraxy, but still 8D ) So let's say you don't understand my 1st example and you want a Vulcan Cross to fire between frames 650 and 1300. Just do this.

Conditions:
Movement Frame = 650

Actions:
Play Movement - Part 43 - Vulcan Cross
( By the way, those Part numbers are just numbers I came up with )

Conditions
Movement Frame = 1300

Actions:
Stop Movement - Part 43 - Vulcan Cross

[X] Don't delete after execution.

Now time to reset EVERYTHING! One let's say you want everything back to normal after frame 2800, go to your Rolling Panel and put this!

Conditions:
Movement Frame = Movement

Actions:
Change Move Frame - 0 - Big Core - Part 1 ( <--- Not a fake number! 8D )
Include Child Parts [X]

This way everything's move frame is set to 0. Please note though that weapons like bullets and E.Eggs use the attack frame also!

I hope this helped you!