Fraxy Version and Discussion

Talk about anything Fraxy-related here. If you need help with Fraxy or the forums, you can ask here.
TheBlueEcho
VIP Member
VIP Member
Epicness: So Epic
Gold Stars: 1

Re: Fraxy Version and Discussion

Post by TheBlueEcho »

New post that pretty much says that mon had a cold/flu and that he will be releasing a bugfix/patch for Replay files, and stuff. Also that he will be greatly increasing the recording time of a replay. (Which I think is something like 1200 frames)

Scionox
Elite Fraxian
Elite Fraxian
Epicness: Rawr

Post by Scionox »

Good to hear that he got my messages and working on fixing it, that will definitely help most of the projects, did'nt know that he was in a bad shape though o_^ .
Was known as: <Insert huge list of nicknames i wont ever use again>
Ancient creation list: http://www.fraxyhq.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1526" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
YouTube Channel: Click
Rawr.

This signature has been signed by the End of Infinity.

Aquamancia
Advanced Fraxian
Advanced Fraxian
Epicness: *hands out Epic Jar* Pay up.
Gold Stars: 42

Post by Aquamancia »

TheBlueEcho wrote:New post that pretty much says that mon had a cold/flu and that he will be releasing a bugfix/patch for Replay files, and stuff. Also that he will be greatly increasing the recording time of a replay. (Which I think is something like 1200 frames)
It's actually 1200 seconds (unless I'm missing the point like I have been lately), but it's still good to hear we can record longer replays in the future.
I hope mon gets better soon too.
Fraxy Creations and Mirrors
Creations Thread
Twitter

Just as Japlanned.

i was such a jerk on here

TheBlueEcho
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post by TheBlueEcho »

Dr. Roboevil wrote:Good to hear that he got my messages and working on fixing it, that will definitely help most of the projects, did'nt know that he was in a bad shape though o_^ .
Wait, What? Are You Fraxian?

If so, How did you post on the BBS? If not, then how did you message him?

Scionox
Elite Fraxian
Elite Fraxian

Post by Scionox »

TheBlueEcho wrote:Wait, What? Are You Fraxian?

If so, How did you post on the BBS? If not, then how did you message him?
I am, well, i just posted on BBS with a post button, i suppose?
You are having some sort of problems posting there?
Flandre Scarlet wrote: The Japanese in Fraxian's messages was google translated.
I figured i could decrease amount of steps needed for developer to understand me, though it's not a 'google translate', but a custom translator program, though normally i would send the text to Oki for translating, but she's not responding lately for some reason, i am worried.
Ancient creation list: http://www.fraxyhq.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1526" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Rawr.

[][][][]
Fraxy God
Fraxy God
Epicness: Never enough.

Post by [][][][] »

Hope that mon gets well...
and with your stuff there Dr., perhaps we could finally communicate directly with mon, perhaps the Wish List be sent...
Anyways, here's to an incoming Fraxy update.
There was once something here,
but it's now gone.

Garoslaw
VIP Member
VIP Member
Gold Stars: 4

Post by Garoslaw »

Dr. Roboevil wrote: I am, well, i just posted on BBS with a post button, i suppose?
There was an issue in the BBS regarding spam. Ever since we couldn't post there. In fact, looking at the bbs again, There's the spam once again.
:yap:

TheBlueEcho
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post by TheBlueEcho »

Garoslaw wrote:
Dr. Roboevil wrote: I am, well, i just posted on BBS with a post button, i suppose?
There was an issue in the BBS regarding spam. Ever since we couldn't post there. In fact, looking at the bbs again, There's the spam once again.
Yeah. It might be however mon is spam-blocking, such as including anything English (since over 99% of the spam he gets in BBS is English, the rest is Japanese.)

Anyways, a new fraxy is out, but it's a special Debug version. As such, it has some "considerations": (Sorry if it sounds alittle weird. Blame GTranslate)
You will need fraxy_20120623beta because it includes only the executable file

You should be able to record up to 246,857 frames (about 102 minutes) in this version, at 28 bytes per frame.
The old specification went up to 48,000 frames (about 20 minutes), was up 192,000 bytes at 4 bytes per frame.

Replay file you created in this version with other versions can not be read.
Normal operation can not be guaranteed even load temporarily. (The punch line error worst case)

Replay file you created in this version is the size will be larger than the other versions.
This is because the record the values ​​of some variables in order to detect a bug in the replay.

The error message displayed in red text in the column system finds a mismatch of variable message in the replay playback.
If you receive an error message is displayed, please report can be downloaded along with the names and addresses, etc. of the Tri.

Will be 1,728,000 frame (about 720 minutes), so that you can revert to 4 bytes per frame, especially if there is no bug in the replay.

"Do ... do not test for long-duration recording to be honest, so tedious."

TRY functions "DEBUGMODE" and "DEBUG" have been added to help find the issue with the replays.

You can omit the drawing of Parts/bullets/effects with the F11 key.

TheBlueEcho
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post by TheBlueEcho »

Flandre Scarlet wrote:Only a replay patch- with bugs?

Useless.
It's not even that.

It's a buggy version of what we have now.

It's basically Fraxy: Bug Hunting Edition. And it was completely built upon spiders request to fix a Replay Error and get more Replay Time.

Scionox
Elite Fraxian
Elite Fraxian

Post by Scionox »

Seriously people, fixing existing bugs is more important than new features, it's part of development of the engine, phase is called beta for a reason, if you can't understand that... I... I don't know.

For those people who understand, it's a good time now to test as many script files as possible, while reporting any errors.
Well, i have no problem posting there, maybe i am out of blocking range?
Rawr.