Greetings!

Want to say that you're joining or leaving the forum? Post here!
Jetter
Normal User
Normal User

Greetings!

Post by Jetter »

Hello everyone, I am Jetter. Got Fraxy about 2 weeks ago, first thing I opened up was the editor instead of the actual game xD.

Anyway, while I'm introducing myself, I'm of course going to be posting some of my creations that I've already made that I think are good enough, but is there anything a newcomer should be aware of when making or posting bosses? As in, is there a general ship type/game style/weapons setup that I can expect most people to use when going up against my bosses? Things people don't often use? Anything that is really easy for one ship type/playstyle to deal with but really hard for another? (not that the answer to any of those questions means I'll limit myself, though I might try to use it to my advantage) Anything really stale or expected that people hate to see? Any awesome bosses that I should try and take on? Becasue if there is any of that stuff I'm definately not aware of it.

Anyway, greetings again to everyone!

Firefox11
Excelling Fraxian
Excelling Fraxian
Epicness: Lacks epicness.

Re: Greetings!

Post by Firefox11 »

Welcome to the UFF. Enjoy your stay, behave, don't feed the dinosaur, etc.
Jetter wrote:As in, is there a general ship type/game style/weapons setup that I can expect most people to use when going up against my bosses? Things people don't often use? Anything that is really easy for one ship type/playstyle to deal with but really hard for another?
I would say that most of the people use Standard/Attacker/Bullet Hell types, while Quicker and Tanker aren't used much. Most used player weapons are Bullet, Vulcan, Overloader and Soll Difusser, while Wide Bullet, stun and blaster weapons aren't used much.
As for player type advantages, Bullet Hell has a natural resistance to all laser weapons (laser, slow/reflect ray, ion ring, plasma ring) which gives it an extra, non visible HP bar that depletes before the visible HP starts to diminish. Quick moving attacks (say, a laser slash) are harder to avoid with Tanker if the player isn't aware that it's coming due to slow acceleration, while Quicker will have trouble moving between shot nets that require boosting due to it's quick acceleration, which makes it kind of imprecise.

But hey, you should focus on make the bosses beatable with your playstyle, then suggest a ship type/strat to everyone who wants to fight them.

The Doctor
Administrator
Administrator
Epicness: sqrt(-1)
Gold Stars: 7

Post by The Doctor »

Welcome to the forum. I hope you enjoy your stay.

As for your questions... I can't really answer them. I don't play fraxy much (ironic because I created this site).
Looking at my post history makes me cringe hardcore.

Aquamancia
Advanced Fraxian
Advanced Fraxian
Epicness: *hands out Epic Jar* Pay up.
Gold Stars: 42

Post by Aquamancia »

Welcome to the forums! :D
As for questions, I think Firefox covered them all. :P
Fraxy Creations and Mirrors
Creations Thread
Twitter

Just as Japlanned.

i was such a jerk on here

MrLRG
Excelling Fraxian
Excelling Fraxian
Epicness: 8+9=23

Post by MrLRG »

oh crap. Another boss maker. *runs
Just kidding, make sure to read the rules and have fun! 8D
Give a man a match and he'll be warm for a minute, set a man on fire and he'll be warm for the rest of his life.

Jetter
Normal User
Normal User

Post by Jetter »

Thanks people. And thank you firefox for the answers. Mainly I wanted to know if there was anything that I should really avoid, or at least warn people about.