[Adv] Endless Depths - I'm Wandering [Turn 21]

Forum-based word games, RPG games, you name it! They can be found here.
AlexMdle
Administrator
Administrator
Epicness: micro skills

Re: [Adv] Endless Depths - Welcome to the Rat Caverns [Turn

Post by AlexMdle »

Arbus turned left to the carved ebony face of the god-man to his left. This was certainly a rare sight, he thought.

"So, are you going down there on some sort of mission?" he talked to the Seraph.
Now under new management.

ShadowSpectre
Retired Staff
Retired Staff
Epicness: Mr Self Destruct
Gold Stars: One. But really pretty.

Post by ShadowSpectre »

Mykael's equipment and clothing clapped gently against his stony surface as he spoke to the Moluen. "Among my people, there is word that there are evils below the surface that, should they rise up, would threaten the lives of those who live upon the land." After a moment's hesitation, he continued, glancing at the number of explorers who were also heading towards the training turfs. "It is rare that such an occasion arises. I do as my clan asks," he concluded rather unsatisfactorily, loosely drawing his wooden sceptre.
Last edited by ShadowSpectre on Thu Dec 27, 2012 1:42 am, edited 1 time in total.
Out for lunch. Return uncertain.

PureQuestion
Epicness: 12
Gold Stars: 1

Re: [Adv] Endless Depths - It Begins [Turn 1]

Post by PureQuestion »

It had been years since Extania had first heard of the depths. An endless network of tunnels, burrowing ever deeper. With a place of such curious feature, rumors were inevitable. And with rumors came uncertainty. Fiends, for all their subterfuge, do not enjoy uncertainty.

Extania had had a fairly standard life, though not one with any lack of conflict. This was not for the worse, as soon conflict would be a strong regularity.

And while he had heard much of the maze of tunnels, he had seen nary a single shred of evidence, nor a single account that did not conflict with all others.

It was time to learn the truth. Behind myriad shadows, he would be the one to find whatever it was these caverns held, and whatever it was that attracted all those who had come before.

It seemed several others had decided to do the same. Were they obstacles, foes, or may they yet prove to be of use? Time will tell.
________

Stepping into the caverns, Extania found that he wasn't especially surprised; perhaps he simply hadn't been sure what to expect. Brick pathways? Roughly hewn stone? A chocolate river? Could have been anything.

He glanced down the tunnels. Time to choose a path.

Glancing across the others, a specific figure caught his eye. A statue as black as the deepest night, gilded with gold. A Seraph. An interesting development, but not necessarily for the better. He approached the figure. This was not a time to draw the ire of others. And for a Fiend, existing is often more than capable of drawing ire from a Seraph.

"Now, isn't this a surprise. I haven't seen a Seraph in centuries. Care to inform us who you might be? Seraph aren't known for being insignificant individuals."
Leech
Parasite
Alien
Angel
Hell
Demon
Wrath
Signamente -         - Necros -         - Termos        
Omnis

This signature has been signed by the End of Infinity.

ShadowSpectre
Retired Staff
Retired Staff

Post by ShadowSpectre »

Mykael looked the fiend up and down, appraising it. His stony, almost motionless features appeared to crease into something of a smile, although it could not have been further from a happy one. "And truth be told, it has been an age since I last clapped eyes on a fiend who didn't have some massacre or uprising to their name, or maybe a few dozen slain Seraphs?" There was a gentle creak coming from the sceptre Mykael held. "I am Mykael. I have eight fiends' heads to my name." Mykael extended a hand to the fiend. His face was now genuinely friendly. "And yourself?"

PureQuestion

Post by PureQuestion »

Extania chuckled as he accepted the offered hand. "I am known as Extania."

"I can not speak for my brothers, but I have rarely taken a life that did not deserve it. Not that you'll take my word for it."

He glanced at the wooden sceptre.

"It seems we have both taken to the arcane arts. Your specialty?"
Leech
Parasite
Alien
Angel
Hell
Demon
Wrath
Omnis

Dicearm
Fraxy Addict
Fraxy Addict
Epicness: Sorcerer Extraordinaire Epicness

Post by Dicearm »

Seeing as how the rest of their little group of explorers went to the training grounds, the curious knight did the obvious thing for one such as him - He ignored them entirely and went straight twards the mines. Or rather, he was about too, but his race's writing made him pause. Perhaps whoever scrawled out the directions were still around. Who knows, maybe they had been in the mines already? It would certaintly give him an opportunity to learn more about where he was about to embark upon.

And so, taking another look around to familiarize himself with the entrence hall, the Moluen headed for the living quarters, his eyes and ears open for anything of interest
Last edited by Dicearm on Wed Jan 02, 2013 12:59 am, edited 1 time in total.

AlexMdle
Administrator
Administrator
Epicness: micro skills

Post by AlexMdle »

Arbus was now in company of a Seraph and a Fiend. He honestly did not expect that turn of events, stopping to allow them both to catch up.
Now under new management.

[][][][]
Fraxy God
Fraxy God
Epicness: Never enough.

Post by [][][][] »

The group mildly shook him. Though he had a bit of experience with other races, being a lone human within the group of fiends and Seraphs and Moluens and others made him a bit nervous. After all, they are different in their ways.

He mustered up courage anyway. If he had to get accustomed to their company, so be it.
He approached the two, now accompanied by a third, robed figure.
"Greetings, fellow beings, it is a relief to see friendly company. Would you mind if I join in your discussion, sirs?"

They seem to be rather nice beings.
There was once something here,
but it's now gone.

PureQuestion

Post by PureQuestion »

"Hm. I've no particular qualms. Mykael?"
Leech
Parasite
Alien
Angel
Hell
Demon
Wrath
Omnis

ShadowSpectre
Retired Staff
Retired Staff

Post by ShadowSpectre »

"I don't wholly believe you, no, Extania," Mykael replied cheerily, "But I'm sure we'll get along just fine. Fiends do have some sense of honour and justice among their kind, and I can respect that, regardless of how filthy you might be in other departments." He glanced at the newcomer. "I haven't any trouble with more people to speak with, though I'm tentative about going in a group as large as this one. The mine-dwellers are likelier to see us as a threat." Shifting his sceptre a little, offering it to Extania to examine, he answered the late question. "My sorcery is rather a sledgehammer of the arts, after a fashion. Yourself, Extania? I see you are of the magician's arts, as well."