Fwirl's Failures

Share your Fraxy bosses, drones, and TRY files here. You can also show previews here.
Fwirl
Normal User
Normal User

Fwirl's Failures

Post by Fwirl »

Or some semblance of 'em.

(1) King Stagmight - About 80% complete.
http://acmlm.kafuka.org/uploader/get.php?id=4346

First event-based creation, work still in progress. Attacks are all working now, now to add more bull****! :D

Please comment, still unsure about ranges, difficulties, and health.
I also have some old timing-based abominations if anyone's interested.
Last edited by Fwirl on Fri Nov 23, 2012 6:46 am, edited 4 times in total.

Fwirl
Normal User
Normal User

Re: Fwirl's Failures

Post by Fwirl »

Updated (1). It's starting to look like I'll need help, certain attempts at resetting attacks fail miserably which mess up the patterns. ;-;

Guess I'll go make a drone or two until the tears stop.

Fwirl
Normal User
Normal User

Post by Fwirl »

Last night I said BAH-PHOOEY to that drone humbug and was able to fix THE PROBELSM.

(1) is now updated, attacks are now functional. :D
For the first 33% durability events count distance within 350 and without. If the outside 350 distance count is higher the boss will switch to a spear weapon.
Both weapons have 2 "patterns."

I wanted to play off the free roam category and this is sort of an attempt to do it with the switching of attack patterns.

There's also several visual kinks I want to work out, and those missile releases are (possibly) going to spread ion rings or something...
Eventually there's some more I want to add, but for now I'm just happy that it's working. ;_;

AlexMdle
Administrator
Administrator
Epicness: micro skills

Post by AlexMdle »

I gotta admit, nobody usually puts that amount of detail in their starting designs. Props there.
Now under new management.

Fwirl
Normal User
Normal User

Post by Fwirl »

NO HYPHENS wrote:Have to say, for one of your first attempts this was actually really impressive. Obviously it could be massively improved, but that will come in time if you put effort in.

/feedback????
Thanks, I'd be interested in knowing what areas I could massively improve in. xD
AlexMdle wrote:I gotta admit, nobody usually puts that amount of detail in their starting designs. Props there.
Thanks! Though it's not technically my first... I have several old ones from at least five years ago (date marked 2007, but they've moved across a couple hard drives). Before Fraxy had such interesting scripting to play with, and they were mostly just "spaceships."

Off to play with a smaller design (what's inbetween a complex boss and a popcorn drone?) before I try to improve/polish this one off.