Reverting Forum

Make a poll and have other users answer it!

topic

Poll ended at Tue Apr 24, 2012 12:00 am

Yes
47%
No
53%

Total votes: 15

MintE
Excelling Fraxian
Excelling Fraxian
Epicness: Walrus
Gold Stars: Walrus

Reverting Forum

Post by MintE »

YOU BETTER READ THIS POST MISTER IMPULSIVE VOTER
Modified question!

PAY ATTENTION TO THIS BEFORE VOTING.

Should we keep the forum as I (Mint) had originally changed it?

If you choose yes: You are choosing to KEEP the forum as is (of course minor changes will be made to get it back to I had originally planned it to be)

If you choose no: You are choosing to REVERT the forum back to before I changed it.

and this time, please do post WHY you feel it should be kept or WHY you feel it shouldn't.

IF YOU VOTE YOU BETTER POST A REASON.

also I added the option to CHANGE your vote.

the deadline is in seven (7) days or 168 hours.

it may SEEM like a while but I WANT you all to DISCUSS this. This is a change, and I want the COMMUNITY to discuss it.

WE CAN ALWAYS REACH A PERFECT (HA HA HA FUNNY) CONSENSUS ON WHAT THE LAYOUT SHOULD BE THIS WAY
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
so yeah, go ahead and vote; don't forget to discuss!
Who am I kidding!? I'm a terrible person

MintE
Excelling Fraxian
Excelling Fraxian

Re: Reverting Forum

Post by MintE »

One thing I'd like to make of note. I had stated (well before this whole debacle) that the layout was not finished. I mean I wasn't just polling around for people's opinions for nothing. I wanted find ways in which I could improve it. So yes Zax, you're right, it should have been allowed more time to polish, however, it is such a radical change, how could people truly get the birth of it simply through words. Something of this magnitude requires actual action. So I took said action. I created the rough draft and began polling opinions. However, at no time was I ever finished and nor what you were seeing a final product. No it was simply a draft, nothing more.

I do not expect to see my layout prevail. I honestly expect it to fail. I, however, am trying to refrain from caring (or at least getting worked up about it). I really only care about a couple things:

Firstly, I want it acknowledged that it wasn't a mistake. A mistake implies an error of judgement on my part, and while I may have committed certain errors, I never once made an error of judgement. I want it acknowledged that this layout, was the result of thought and council of others. It wasn't just some random spur of the moment selfish decision made by your's truly. Oh no no, it was most certainly thought out, and whether that helps or hurts my case I'm not really concerned with.

Secondly, I want to tackle the issue of my general dislike from the community. As of late, I've begun to notice more and more people are become disdainful of me, and quite frankly, I'm fine with that. Truthfully there are some of you I cannot stand (as it is silly to assume everyone should love everyone) so I do not expect all of you to put up with me. Regardless, I just want to make note that your decision should not be based upon the administer of the change.

Thirdly, I want to point out I did get SS' approval, which, quite frankly, means more than anything else.

Forth-ly, I want begin an exposition on the nature of change and how people adjust to said change. On the way I'd love to connect to group polarization exhibited by our dear friend Dualer. However, I'm afraid doing so will either pass over your head, or leave you to skip the rest of this post. So I won't be doing that, however, if you wish it so, I will gladly explain to you my thesis.

Fifth-ly, I'd like to point out the fact that I have no hard feelings towards anyone of you. The only person I do have any sort of hard feelings towards is IE, and that is solely because he didn't listen when I was talking to him (quite a rude thing to do regardless of the situation). However, I'd like to omit that my action certainly weren't the most conscientious. I had assumed that with the support from SS (as well as other, minor, people) that I had the green light to initiate the change. However, in my assumption I had forgotten that IE was boss and no matter how much people loved it it wouldn't mean jack squat if he didn't. And so, I was correct. It meant nothing, still doesn't. However, I do know that not everyone likes it. Hell most people don't care. And that brings me to my sixth point.

Sixth-ly, I'd like to point out that fact, that regardless of the outcome, I'm most interested in the group of voters who chose not to vote. Those are the ones that truly fascinate me. Honestly, I don't care for the people who voted "yes", they already like it and need no convincing. I also, similarly, don't care about those who voted "no," they already do not like and will probably not change their minds unless it is virtually the same as the old way. So, it makes sense that the middle group, those who never voted, would interest me. Those many people, still have yet to decide, it could be because of indecisiveness, a lack of caring, or even they don't know how to vote. It is the many people, that honestly I required to win over, in order to win the entire enchilada, if you'll pardon the expression. Any-who, point being it is the middle voters, in any election really, that determine who wins.

Seventh-ly, I'd like to acknowledge the irony in my post. I refused to write an essay on change and its psychological impacts, I, however, am writing an essay about various topics.

Eighth-ly, we're up to eight now, I feel this is cause for celebration, maybe some champagne. On the note of alcohol, I propose a fun game of sorts, every time I used the word "however" take a drink. Be warned, I've used it quite a lot, however, I've had good reason.

I guess lastly, I just like to end saying that I'm actually rather blown away by how big of a deal IE made it into. I never expected it to be met with such opposition (and said opposition must be great, because it acted the very moment it saw. Truly a great force.), however, I concede that I did expect someone like Dualer to rear their heads! However, I'll let none of that bother me. No, regardless of the outcome I lack any sort of animosity towards any single one of you (including you IE, over the course of writing this passage, I've come to realize how silly I was to even put up a defense against myself, however I do still intend to uphold my end of the deal, I however do not expect you to just remember if it gets voted in, I'm not helping you clean it up. I shall only help (and do it) if I lose here today).

And in case you were keeping score at home, that game continues even after it was acknowledged, however you may not even be conscious by the time you reach here (I dunno guess it depends on where you're from, what you're drinking, past experience, and honestly a whole bunch other factors. However, I wouldn't too much about it. It'll be gone by sunset in the 'morrow. Unless I'm wrong, I'll be honest not too knowledgeable on that whole drinking thing, however I am a teenager so I have media and school to straighten me up)

However, however, however always remember the 99th however!

(My word, do not ever mix multiple references into a single line like that! However, I get why I did it. And that is all need to sleep at night.)

Not exactly the best of endings is it? After such an epic, one would assume I'd have some climax, however, I'm a much simpler man, and the possibility for one to be drunk at the end of this is enough to take solace in. So I leave you all there my dear sirs!

It has been a wild ride.

However, however, however always remember the 99th however!

Scionox
Elite Fraxian
Elite Fraxian
Epicness: Rawr
Gold Stars: 1

Post by Scionox »

tl;dr
Was known as: <Insert huge list of nicknames i wont ever use again>
Ancient creation list: http://www.fraxyhq.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1526" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
YouTube Channel: Click
Rawr.

This signature has been signed by the End of Infinity.

MintE
Excelling Fraxian
Excelling Fraxian

Post by MintE »

Ha ha! And of course the spider proves to be silly. My post has drinking, and you're Russian. I see no reason why you didn't read~!

Infinity's End
Elite Fraxian
Elite Fraxian
Epicness:
Gold Stars:

Post by Infinity's End »

MintE, your mistakes were here:
MintE wrote:I created the rough draft and began polling opinions. However, at no time was I ever finished and nor what you were seeing a final product. No it was simply a draft, nothing more.
Not finishing the thing before changing the whole forum.

2nd - Not checking in with me. Seriously dude. Even Spectre checked in with me before a major change.

Also
MintE wrote:Thirdly, I want to point out I did get SS' approval, which, quite frankly, means more than anything else.
ShadowSpectre is not infallible.

MintE
Excelling Fraxian
Excelling Fraxian

Post by MintE »

Not to sounds spiteful, but I'm well aware of said error. I pointed it out, it wasn't needed for you to bring it up.

Also, being as rude as possible here, I find you rather useless. That's why I didn't even think about asking you. I wasn't joking, I completely forgot you even existed, So I obviously didn't think of you.

No hard feelings, 'tis just how I feel.

(I swear to god if you take that to prove a further point I will literally scrape your eyeballs out with a rusty wooden fork. Metaphorically speaking of course.)

I'm only telling you this because I have no need to be opaque about anything anymore.

Also, your argument is invalid, SS is always infallible; except when he isn't.

Oh well! This wasn't very pleasant~!

(I still want the apology for the "fuck off")

At least you read to the fifth point.

Xeilumardrox
Epicness: Contradictory
Gold Stars: 5

Post by Xeilumardrox »

MintE wrote:Sixth-ly, I'd like to point out that fact, that regardless of the outcome, I'm most interested in the group of voters who chose not to vote. Those are the ones that truly fascinate me. Honestly, I don't care for the people who voted "yes", they already like it and need no convincing. I also, similarly, don't care about those who voted "no," they already do not like and will probably not change their minds unless it is virtually the same as the old way. So, it makes sense that the middle group, those who never voted, would interest me. Those many people, still have yet to decide, it could be because of indecisiveness, a lack of caring, or even they don't know how to vote. It is the many people, that honestly I required to win over, in order to win the entire enchilada, if you'll pardon the expression. Any-who, point being it is the middle voters, in any election really, that determine who wins.
As you wish to hear from those who didn't vote, I'll give my side, being one of those neutral "voters", if you can call me one since I didn't vote and shouldn't be counted as one.

First off, I would say that I don't mind either layouts-they both are good in their own ways and they're both bad in their own ways. In my opinion, the positives and negatives of both layouts are mostly opinionated. In my opinion, it didn't really matter much whether it should be one of these layouts or the other-as long as one of the layouts aren't as crappy as hell to the point of unusability. There was also no layout here that would actually count as magnificently designed and planned to win my vote. Neither one of the layouts fit into either of those categories in my opinion. That doesn't mean I don't personally prefer one over the other, my preference for one over the other just isn't enough to make me vote. This leads me to my second reason.

As neither of them actually stand out to be way better than the other or outright horrible to me, I thought that it would be better for the community to decide which one's better. That way, it would make more of the community more happy. In my opinion, it would be stupid for me as a staff member of the forums to vote just because of some small little preference of mines when there's the difference between the community's preference over just one person's little preference. We as staff members should be making the community more happy, not trying to force some layout on them because we prefer our layout over what the community prefers. Of course, this doesn't mean that we should remove all rules or something just because the community prefers that-rules and things like that prevents the forums from going into chaos. A little layout change like this would not burn the forums down. My little preference for one layout over the other should not be interfering with what everybody else prefers. I would actually vote if I was not a moderator with this little preference that I have for one over the other. However, I feel the community's opinions is more important than mine. Even if a person who has a very good reputation amongst everyone or otherwise just... well... don't know what words to use... But someone like SS supports one idea, I still would not put that single person's opinion over everyone else's and would treat that person's vote and side alike with everyone else's unless there's provided enough proof or reasoning by that person that convinces me that one's better than the other. I admit that I would vote however, if I had a huge preference for one over the other (this would be when I personally think one really sucks in comparison to the other or one is really good in comparison to the other).

Lastly, I wanted to wait until the layout's completely finished before deciding which one is better. Sometimes, the starting product or demo is quite disappointing, but then the final product can turn out to be absolutely amazing in comparison to the beginning. And sometimes, a starting product can seem very nice but the end product turns out to be disappointing. It would seem better to me to wait for the end result to come out and show itself and then vote than to vote right away when it's not done yet.

You can really just say that these are my little opinions and nothing else.
Current Fraxy Projects:
MoSF XVIII - Desire, FraxyHQ Try Project

Annoyance Points: 0/5 *RESET*

Formerly known as Vortexreaper and Scytheradrox...

This signature has been signed by the End of Infinity.

Infinity's End
Elite Fraxian
Elite Fraxian
Epicness:
Gold Stars:

Post by Infinity's End »

I'd like to point out that I seriously doubt you accidentally voted "Yes."

Also that this should be decided by a lead of 2 or 3, not 1.

Concept
Fraxy Beginner
Fraxy Beginner
Epicness: Video games

Post by Concept »

So, this going anywhere? the layout being in this strange limbo is worse than the old layout or the new one.

Infinity's End
Elite Fraxian
Elite Fraxian
Epicness:
Gold Stars:

Post by Infinity's End »

It's 7-8, and we need a lead of 2.