- Fixing forum layout
- Differences between the forum and the main page make the site look rather less professional. To fix this, we could either apply a darker theme to cope with the AcidTech theme that's apparent in other pages, or try to port the existing AcidTech theme to work with PHPbb 3.1. AcidTech is created for for PHPbb 3 and is incompatible with the current version of the forum as it is now.
- A more unified look of a website can better attract visitors.
- We can also attempt to modify the the theme to better give off Fraxy themes, but I would suggest not to copy sprites from the game as it wouldn't look very good.
- The Main page needs to be updated
- As the community stands right now, there is no such person to manage the main page. Because of this, we have outdated pages that aren't in sync with news in the forums.
- To solve this, we could either assign a staff member to do the job, or have one or two users take on that task.
- Main page needs to be cleaned up as well.
- Fixing certain aspects of the forum
- The forum is riddled with miscellaneous threads and has numerous dead forum games. It would be a good idea to erase those threads or archive them.
- The shoutbox needs to be restored. Over the course of years it was the source of information and a form of a "helpdesk" for others to learn on how to use fraxy and create content for it.
- Attempt to spread the word about Fraxy
- Let's be honest, the userbase is nearly dead. It needs a lift.
- Shadow made a great suggestion to tell about fraxy in communities like Imgur and Reddit. As a lurker myself, I often see that people put up posts about some games or the games they work on, and they get pulled up to front page. We should try to take a bite out of that as well.
- I saw in the past several attempts to make a tutorial series for fraxy, and I thought that there should be a complete tutorial to get people started.
- The Fraxy Wiki
- The Compendium is severely outdated, with the latest update being in 2012. It is also swarmed with bots even today.
- Wikis are also a great source of information, and I suggest that this topic should be mentioned as well. We would need to contact administrators managing the Compendium, or we could also make our own wiki with the userbase managed with the forum.
Fraxy is in many ways like MUGEN; it relies heavily on user-made content, and why should we let it die? This is an ambitious project, one man cannot work on this alone. It requires group effort, therefore I've made this topic.
What do you think? Let's work on this together.