The UFF Revival

Have anything you wish to say concerning forum management? Issues with forum layout or efficiency? Post it here and we'll take a look at the issue as soon as we can.
Garoslaw
VIP Member
VIP Member
Gold Stars: 4

The UFF Revival

Post by Garoslaw »

Thought I'd start this up to follow up with SS' plan. This is the community's proposition of fixing the forum and freshening it up a bit. As of right now, this site definitely needs this.

THE PLAN
  1. Fixing forum layout
    • Differences between the forum and the main page make the site look rather less professional. To fix this, we could either apply a darker theme to cope with the AcidTech theme that's apparent in other pages, or try to port the existing AcidTech theme to work with PHPbb 3.1. AcidTech is created for for PHPbb 3 and is incompatible with the current version of the forum as it is now.
    • A more unified look of a website can better attract visitors.
    • We can also attempt to modify the the theme to better give off Fraxy themes, but I would suggest not to copy sprites from the game as it wouldn't look very good.
  2. The Main page needs to be updated
    • As the community stands right now, there is no such person to manage the main page. Because of this, we have outdated pages that aren't in sync with news in the forums.
    • To solve this, we could either assign a staff member to do the job, or have one or two users take on that task.
    • Main page needs to be cleaned up as well.
  3. Fixing certain aspects of the forum
    • The forum is riddled with miscellaneous threads and has numerous dead forum games. It would be a good idea to erase those threads or archive them.
    • The shoutbox needs to be restored. Over the course of years it was the source of information and a form of a "helpdesk" for others to learn on how to use fraxy and create content for it.
  4. Attempt to spread the word about Fraxy
    • Let's be honest, the userbase is nearly dead. It needs a lift.
    • Shadow made a great suggestion to tell about fraxy in communities like Imgur and Reddit. As a lurker myself, I often see that people put up posts about some games or the games they work on, and they get pulled up to front page. We should try to take a bite out of that as well.
    • I saw in the past several attempts to make a tutorial series for fraxy, and I thought that there should be a complete tutorial to get people started.
  5. The Fraxy Wiki
    • The Compendium is severely outdated, with the latest update being in 2012. It is also swarmed with bots even today.
    • Wikis are also a great source of information, and I suggest that this topic should be mentioned as well. We would need to contact administrators managing the Compendium, or we could also make our own wiki with the userbase managed with the forum.

Fraxy is in many ways like MUGEN; it relies heavily on user-made content, and why should we let it die? This is an ambitious project, one man cannot work on this alone. It requires group effort, therefore I've made this topic.

What do you think? Let's work on this together.

Ex-Rumia
Elite Fraxian
Elite Fraxian
Epicness: Getting there.
Gold Stars: 0

Re: The UFF Revival

Post by Ex-Rumia »

I'm down with this. Though I have a few questions I think only our admins can answer.
Formerly Haku1201.
Current Fraxy Projects:
F-Gradius
Project SH

Now known as a compulsive core abuser.

DC Universe Persona Names
Hero: Marietta Durge
Villian: Voivouire

Aquamancia
Advanced Fraxian
Advanced Fraxian
Epicness: *hands out Epic Jar* Pay up.
Gold Stars: 42

Post by Aquamancia »

I like this idea and it needs to happen.
Fraxy Creations and Mirrors
Creations Thread
Twitter

Just as Japlanned.

i was such a jerk on here

Scionox
Elite Fraxian
Elite Fraxian
Epicness: Rawr
Gold Stars: 1

Post by Scionox »

(Yes I still exist!)There also needs to be more... user friendly environment on the forums themselves, which was never the case in the past imo, and less elitism.

And also more people actually playing(And enjoying) game itself as much as building stuff in it, if not more, like for example in Doom community if you make a level and post about it you will get very decent feedback(Not just "This level is cool!") and even people posting replays.

At any rate if the community gets revived i may get back into fraxy(and maybe even help if you get serious enough about reviving), who knows, probably wont be making anything serious fraxy-wise though.
Was known as: <Insert huge list of nicknames i wont ever use again>
Ancient creation list: http://www.fraxyhq.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1526" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
YouTube Channel: Click
Rawr.

This signature has been signed by the End of Infinity.

Scionox
Elite Fraxian
Elite Fraxian
Epicness: Rawr
Gold Stars: 1

Post by Scionox »

flan wrote:gonna be honest you were literally the most elitist member of the community
Ironic, isn't it. We all have done mistakes in the past. In my defense this forum was the first(and for a long time the only) community i have entered since i've gotten internet, so what would you expect.
Was known as: <Insert huge list of nicknames i wont ever use again>
Ancient creation list: http://www.fraxyhq.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1526" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
YouTube Channel: Click
Rawr.

This signature has been signed by the End of Infinity.

Garoslaw
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post by Garoslaw »

Need some assertion from the admins, that is, Dabir. Some sort of official reply of sorts please.
:yap:

Dabir
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Dabir »

All very sensible suggestions. Under no circumstances is the old SB coming back though.

ShadowSpectre
Retired Staff
Retired Staff
Epicness: Mr Self Destruct
Gold Stars: One. But really pretty.

Post by ShadowSpectre »

get a new, better sb?
Out for lunch. Return uncertain.

Deadliar
Excelling Fraxian
Excelling Fraxian
Epicness: getting there

Post by Deadliar »

Disregard sb and put a big irc chat button. Yes?
Omega Fuck Triple

Garoslaw
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post by Garoslaw »

Well, it's either that or add a link to the UFF Skype chat group, which I think should have a public link?
:yap: