RtD: Turn 6 - The Troll Falls

Forum-based word games, RPG games, you name it! They can be found here.
SnipeHeart
Elite Fraxian
Elite Fraxian
Epicness: Your mom
Gold Stars: 1

RtD: Turn 6 - The Troll Falls

Post by SnipeHeart »

(This thread is for in-game activities only. Anything that does not take place within the RtD (questions, comments, etc.) should be posted HERE or PM'd to me via UFF PM , Skype, Steam, or courier pigeon.)

(The sooner everyone updates, the sooner I'll be able to do everyone's rolls, and the sooner the next turn can start.)
An alarm pierces the otherwise dreary morning in the town of Bellant. People stumble outside of their houses, taking a moment to register that this is not the usual drill. That this is an actual emergency. After a moment, the citizens of the town begin to take action. They hide their livestock and barricade their houses and seek shelter. An old man, a now retired priest from Tonta who now holds the position of mayor of the town, heads to his office, returning after a moment with a staff.
“Those of you who can fight, take up arms!” bellows the mayor, with a voice so big that it seems to dwarf the short stature of the person that it comes from. “Spread word, we must defend our town from the goblins!”
And so, people began to spread the word, and soon enough, a motley crew was assembled. The mayor leads a group, numbering no more than 60, into an old warehouse located close to the town square.
“I apologize. These weapons aren’t quite up to the standards of the large cities, but now’s not a time to be picky...” Laments the mayor as he distributes the gear amongst the group of defenders.

ITEMS ACQUIRED
ShadowSpectre: Old dagger (+2 DEX), Torn Cloth Armor (+1 DEF), Healing Salve I x1, Mana Potion I x1
Arondight: Old Sword (+2 STR), Rusty Chainmail (+2 DEF), Healing Salve I x1, Mana Potion I x1
Whizzard: Old Staff (+2 INT, +2 MP) Torn Robe (+1 DEF), Healing Salve I x1, Mana Potion I x1
Al: Old dagger (+2 DEX), Torn Cloth Armor (+1 DEF), Healing Salve I x1, Mana Potion I x1
Nilvictin: Old Sword (+2 STR), Rusty Chainmail (+2 DEF), Healing Salve I x1, Mana Potion I x1
Drakiel: Old Sword (+2 STR), Rusty Chainmail (+2 DEF), Healing Salve I x1, Mana Potion I x1

“Now... Let’s defend our town...”

ENEMIES APPROACH
Goblin Squire x1
HP: 10/10
MP: 5/5

Goblin Scout x1
MP: 5/5

Goblin Apprentice x1
MP: 10/10
Last edited by SnipeHeart on Tue Jun 30, 2015 3:32 pm, edited 15 times in total.

Jayeon
Excelling Fraxian
Excelling Fraxian
Epicness: Xenotype Z.

Re: RtD: The Games Begin! - Turn 1

Post by Jayeon »

The angel looked at the scene before him. "It's time," he told himself, "My mission begins here." His "mission" in question was to help purge the land of Death's army. Heading into the scene of battle, he cursed the wizard who was responsible for this mess under his breath, calling him a "blind fool" before attacking the group of invading goblins.
Swing sword at the Goblin Squire.
Welcome to Nature's Domain.

My YouTube
My Steam
Bosses

Formerly known as robloxmario2.

Xeilumardrox
Epicness: Contradictory
Gold Stars: 5

Post by Xeilumardrox »

Attack the Goblin Scout with my sword.
Current Fraxy Projects:
MoSF XVIII - Desire, FraxyHQ Try Project

Annoyance Points: 0/5 *RESET*

Formerly known as Vortexreaper and Scytheradrox...

This signature has been signed by the End of Infinity.

Deadliar
Excelling Fraxian
Excelling Fraxian
Epicness: getting there

Post by Deadliar »

Al ambushed a goblin.
Last edited by Deadliar on Sun Jun 07, 2015 12:25 am, edited 2 times in total.
Omega Fuck Triple

The Phantom
Excelling Fraxian
Excelling Fraxian

Post by The Phantom »

"Blade...damaged. Armor, rusted. Suitable. Better than nothing." The construct spoke, a humanoid construct of some unknown metal and stone. The items burst into purple flames before disintegrating, and the construct seemed to be...different. Stronger. Its' hands shifted into claws, as it took on the attributes of the items it consumed.

Attack Goblin Apprentice with Old Sword.
Current Status: Sleep deprived. Also, back.

ShadowSpectre
Retired Staff
Retired Staff
Epicness: Mr Self Destruct
Gold Stars: One. But really pretty.

Post by ShadowSpectre »

Slash at the goblin apprentice.
Out for lunch. Return uncertain.

SnipeHeart
Elite Fraxian
Elite Fraxian
Epicness: Your mom
Gold Stars: 1

Re: RtD: Turn 2

Post by SnipeHeart »

DeadLiar wrote:Getting a quick look around, Al attempts to sneak around and backstab, ambush, assassinate, or otherwise deviously harm the goblin squire, while said squire is busy responding to attack.
Roll: 3

You sneak behind the Goblin Squire, letting him focus on your allies so they don’t notice you, but you step on a twig, notifying the goblins of your presence. Regardless, you rush in with your dagger and stab at the Goblin Squire!

Roll to attack 3 v 3

The goblin moves out of the way, avoiding an otherwise fatal blow.

-4 HP to Goblin Squire
Flan wrote:Whack the Goblin Scout with my hard, long, manly Staff.
Roll: 5
You grip it with both hands and run at the Goblin, staff firmly in hands. You feel a sense of sensation surge through your body and into your staff as you pull it, ready to unleash it on the Goblin Scout. (Your attack now uses INT instead of STR for damage for this turn)

Roll to attack: 6v2

As you feel your staff impact on the Goblin Scout, it discharges magical energy all over the poor Goblin, amplifying your damage greatly!

The Goblin Scout takes 21 damage and dies!
ShadowSpectre wrote:Slash at the goblin apprentice.
Roll: 5

You stab at the Goblin Apprentice while it isn’t paying attention to you!

Attack Roll: 6 v 2

You hit the goblin for 15 damage and slay it!
Jayeon wrote:Swing sword at the Goblin Squire.
Roll: 2
As you go towards the now wounded Goblin Squire, you pull your sword back, ready to slay the beast. As you do though, the sword gets caught on some nearby tree branches! (-1 to attack roll)

Attack roll: 5-1 = 4v3

The goblin pounces you, the sword it has primed and ready to stab at your face. Before it gets the chance to do so, though, you slay the beast.

The Goblin Squire takes 6 damage and dies!
--
The Phantom wrote:Attack Goblin Apprentice with Old Sword.
It appears while you were focusing on your own personal transmutation, the enemy has been defeated!

END OF ACTIONS

Rewards
Everyone gains 15 Experience!
Everyone gains 15 Gold!
Everyone has reached Level 2, and has gained 10SP to spend!

New Abilities - Everyone may pick ONE of the options provided for their character alone.
ShadowSpectre:
Double Attack - 2MP - Two is ALWAYS better than one. Attack twice at slightly reduced damage. (Rolls two dice for your attacks as well)
OR
Dropdown - 2MP - Get the drop on the enemy, giving yourself an advantage over them. +1 to your attack roll.

The Phantom:
Wound - 2MP - Slash the enemy, dealing damage as well as inflicting damage over time.
OR
Bash - 2MP - Hit the enemy and prepare for retaliation, dealing damage and increasing your defense rolls until your next attack.

Flan:
Elemental Ball - 3MP - Controlling the elements is child’s play for a trained wizard. Attack with a chosen element to deal damage on the enemy and has a 25% chance to inflict a secondary effect that differs between the elements. (Unless it’s lightning or wind, which has a 1/8 chance.)
OR
Elemental Strike - 3MP - Channel an intense amount of magic into the environment, letting nature itself strike the enemy for you. You cannot control which element occurs, but the elemental effect activates 50% of the time. (Unless it’s lightning or wind, which has a 1/4 chance)
DeadLiar:
Double Attack - 2MP - Two is ALWAYS better than one. Attack twice at slightly reduced damage. (Rolls two dice for your attacks as well)
OR
Dropdown - 2MP - Get the drop on the enemy, giving yourself an advantage over them. +1 to your attack roll.

VR:
Wound - 2MP - Slash the enemy, dealing damage as well as inflicting damage over time.
OR
Bash - 2MP - Hit the enemy and prepare for retaliation. Dealing damage and increasing your defense rolls until your next attack.

Jayeon:
OR
Bash - 2MP - Hit the enemy and prepare for retaliation. Dealing damage and increasing your defense rolls until your next attack.

(Just say “Picks [Ability Name]” in your next post, as well as distribute your SP however you see fit, and I will update the stats of your characters in the 1st post as you all post.)

(Another note on MP - Because of the magic energies of the world, everyone is slightly attuned to it, so they passively restore 1MP per turn. In periods between battles, everyone's HP and MP are restored to full.)

(One last note, this one regarding the death of a character. At the moment, there are no ways to revive, though the first battle wasn't designed to really challenge the characters, mostly just to test stuff on my end, introduce the characters/setting, etc. Should a character die, though, then they are removed from the battle and will receive only a percentage of the gold and experience from the battle, unless they are revived prior to the end of the battle. (You 1HP people have been warned, since I use dice rolls to determine the targets of the attacks made by enemies as well.))

---

“Now’s no time to take a brake...” States the Mayor, as another wave of Goblins began to approach the town. “The main forces are here.”

AN ENEMY APPROACHES
Goblin Knight x2
HP: 25/25
MP: 6/6
Abilities: Wound - 2MP - Slash the enemy, dealing damage as well as inflicting damage over time.
Goblin Wizard: x1
HP: 20/20
MP: 15/15
Abilities: Magic Ball - 3MP - A crude magic attack with no special effects.

Xeilumardrox
Epicness: Contradictory
Gold Stars: 5

Re: RtD: Level Up! - Turn 2

Post by Xeilumardrox »

SP investment:
STR + 2 (4 SP)
INT + 1 (2 SP)
DEF + 1 (3 SP)
MP + 1 (1 SP)
Pick Wound.
Use wound on Goblin Wizard (and if dead, use it on the Knight).
Current Fraxy Projects:
MoSF XVIII - Desire, FraxyHQ Try Project

Annoyance Points: 0/5 *RESET*

Formerly known as Vortexreaper and Scytheradrox...

This signature has been signed by the End of Infinity.

Jayeon
Excelling Fraxian
Excelling Fraxian
Epicness: Xenotype Z.

Post by Jayeon »

STR increased by 2. (4 SP)
DEF increased by 2. (6 SP)

Pick Wound.

Drakiel took a moment to catch his breath. "That was a close one," he thought. He stood up straight, and saw that more goblins had arrived. He looked at his sword and said, "May the power of Zeta be bestowed to this blade." A powerful force of energy went through his arm and into the sword. The blade was now surrounded by a green aura. Drakiel then got into a battle stance, observing the group of goblins before him. He spread his wings and flew upward, eyeing his target before moving in to attack.
Attempt to find an opening and strike the Goblin Wizard from above.
Welcome to Nature's Domain.

My YouTube
My Steam
Bosses

Formerly known as robloxmario2.

Deadliar
Excelling Fraxian
Excelling Fraxian
Epicness: getting there

Post by Deadliar »

Attack the squishy caster type, if dead, attack a knight.
Omega Fuck Triple