RtD Game - Question and General Comment Board

Forum-based word games, RPG games, you name it! They can be found here.
Deadliar
Excelling Fraxian
Excelling Fraxian
Epicness: getting there

Re: RtD Game - Signup / Interest Check

Post by Deadliar »

Nice angel fanart.

I'm not going to continue about this for several reasons though.
Last edited by Deadliar on Thu Jun 04, 2015 8:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Omega Fuck Triple

The Phantom
Excelling Fraxian
Excelling Fraxian

Re: RtD Game - Question and General Comment Board

Post by The Phantom »

Question for GM: Our starting sheets have a Healing Salve I and a Mana Potion I. After this, we obtained our starting gear as well as a Healing Salve I and a Mana Potion I.

Judging by the stats, our starting equipment is already included in our character sheets (the + to stats), but I'm just confirming here: Are the starting items already accounted in our sheets or not, and should we list Equipment in our Items or just in our stats?

EDIT: Also, How much does the Healing Salve I and Mana Potion I restore our HP/Mana by?
Current Status: Sleep deprived. Also, back.

Deadliar
Excelling Fraxian
Excelling Fraxian
Epicness: getting there

Post by Deadliar »

Hold it. I can answer that for you.

Healing salves and mana potions are homeopathic and aren't proven to do anything.

Any effects their use results in are usually due to the placebo effect.

As such, they restore exactly as much as you want them to, up to a certain level.
Omega Fuck Triple

SnipeHeart
Elite Fraxian
Elite Fraxian
Epicness: Your mom
Gold Stars: 1

Post by SnipeHeart »

The Phantom wrote: Judging by the stats, our starting equipment is already included in our character sheets (the + to stats), but I'm just confirming here: Are the starting items already accounted in our sheets or not, and should we list Equipment in our Items or just in our stats?

EDIT: Also, How much does the Healing Salve I and Mana Potion I restore our HP/Mana by?
I typed up all the stat pages after I typed up the equipment for the items and their effect because I'm the least efficient person ever. I'll get right to that (Whoops!). The starting items are accounted for in the sheets, hence the STR + 2 or whatever each character has. Ideally, I'd prefer you to list equipment in your items slot. I did not at the start because I forgot to do that, so I'll fix that right now.

Another note on the character slots on the first post of the RtD is that I WILL update them after every turn, as well as post them at the beginning of every turn. What I won't do is update every instance of them throughout the entire thread, just the first and the current post will have the up-to-date ones.

The amount that the Salve and Potion heal are dependent on rolls, like pretty much everything else in the game, but they heal more as their level increases (Healing Salve III heals more than a Healing Salve II). The way it'll work is you take a d10 and roll it, and then multiply the result by the level of the dice. The same applies to Mana Potions. (For example: If you roll a 6 on a Healing Salve III, you restore 18HP.)

EDIT: Forgot to answer your first question. Everyone only has ONE Healing Salve I and Mana Potion I. I included them there because they were something everyone had, while the armor and weapons between classes differed. Sorry for the confusion.

The Phantom
Excelling Fraxian
Excelling Fraxian

Post by The Phantom »

Do we gain mana at the beginning or end of the turn? This could determine whether or not you can use an ability.

Example:

Have 2 mana -> Spend 2 mana.
Next turn, no matter what, have 1 mana.
Next turn, if you gain at the start of the turn, you can use your 2-mana ability. Otherwise, you cannot.
Current Status: Sleep deprived. Also, back.

SnipeHeart
Elite Fraxian
Elite Fraxian
Epicness: Your mom
Gold Stars: 1

Post by SnipeHeart »

The Phantom wrote:Do we gain mana at the beginning or end of the turn?
At the end.