A Sprite Comic thing...

Show us graphics, music and writing that you've done, whether you're putting it in Fraxy or not.
Evil_Nazgul0616
Excelling Fraxian
Excelling Fraxian
Epicness: ⑨√⑨^⑨

Re: A Sprite Comic that No One On This Forum is Going to Car

Post by Evil_Nazgul0616 »

ShadowHunter wrote:it needs a better plot, it mostly looks like random
I'm sorry it seems unclear to you. I will try to remedy it when I remake the current 44 strips (If I decide to do so).
"The geography that I stands compares you superior" -Ratio Tile, Star War: Backstroke Of The West

DrThunderous
Fraxy Beginner
Fraxy Beginner
Epicness: The "e" in epic stands for epic

Re: A Sprite Comic thing...

Post by DrThunderous »

5. I'm using primarily MSpaint to make this, and I have time constraints (I have to juggle working on this around with other projects (like Fraxy) and daily life things.), so please don't comment on the speech bubble quality.
...doesn't MSpaint have a speech bubble tool? The later versions of paint should include that.

Evil_Nazgul0616
Excelling Fraxian
Excelling Fraxian

DrThunderous wrote:...doesn't MSpaint have a speech bubble tool? The later versions of paint should include that.
Yes, but it's quite limited and produces ugly bubbles if it's too big (not to mention the little triangle thing scales with it, and is quite short in length).
"The geography that I stands compares you superior" -Ratio Tile, Star War: Backstroke Of The West

Evil_Nazgul0616
Excelling Fraxian
Excelling Fraxian

I made up my mind and decided to restart the comic.

The comic begins anew starting strip 45. (The originals are placed in their own chapter. They are kept before the new ones so followers of the comic can see the new updates, otherwise I would place it after.)

New comic begins here: http://magichronicles.smackjeeves.com/c ... new-comic/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Changes:
-New font. I'm sorry for writing the original 44 in comic sans. I didn't know that 90% of the internet hates that font.
-New jokes/gags, to freshen things up a bit and to give the new/remade strips a different feel from the originals.
-New plotline. While I liked the original plotline, (and I will re-do that too after this one) I'm going to use a completely new one instead since I like the idea better.
-The new comic currently numbers 4 strips, but that number is steadily increasing. (might not be apparent since there's so few of the "new" strips at the moment.)

mmxpert
Advanced Fraxian
Advanced Fraxian
Epicness: maybe.

Post by mmxpert »

this suffers from randumb-uncreative syndrome. (not mocking you, check what the words mean)

-starts with touhou characters with exactly 0 innovation,as if they are defined by their past actions/history,

-suddenly random universe. predictable plot and horrible soldier parody. Random universe jumps will ruin the comic completely if you stick around too much, breeze through, or attempt to make any relationships between characters, i suggest you do 2 or 3 more jumps and change the subject. Also DAT. UPPERCUT.

-On a personal note, Joe is suddenly a jerk, he was not a jerk originally...i liked the guy. sheesh.

Evil_Nazgul0616
Excelling Fraxian
Excelling Fraxian

mmxpert wrote:this suffers from randumb-uncreative syndrome. (not mocking you, check what the words mean)

-starts with touhou characters with exactly 0 innovation,as if they are defined by their past actions/history,

-suddenly random universe. predictable plot and horrible soldier parody. Random universe jumps will ruin the comic completely if you stick around too much, breeze through, or attempt to make any relationships between characters, i suggest you do 2 or 3 more jumps and change the subject. Also DAT. UPPERCUT.

-On a personal note, Joe is suddenly a jerk, he was not a jerk originally...i liked the guy. sheesh.
My one question to you: WHY are you reading the first 44 which I have defined as the bad ones?

I've currently abandoned that plot (though I will re-use the idea in the future) and I am currently doing a new one. I suggest you start reading from strip 45 - onwards where the comic has its "rebirth" (the only reasons the original 44 are still there are 1. In case anyone decides to read them to compare to the originals and 2. I will make the occasional vague references to them, as in strip 45 panel 4.)

mmxpert
Advanced Fraxian
Advanced Fraxian

Post by mmxpert »

I am only criticizing what needs to be criticized.

While the contra bit applies to the old ones, the rest of what I said goes for both. the crossover bit is just general advice.

ALSO.
DAT.
UPPERCUT.

mmxpert
Advanced Fraxian
Advanced Fraxian

Post by mmxpert »

Another brilliant conclusion, hipen.