Yin Yang Anime

Show us graphics, music and writing that you've done, whether you're putting it in Fraxy or not.
JameyoftheMegacosmos
Fraxy Addict
Fraxy Addict
Epicness: Games redefine it

Yin Yang Anime

Post by JameyoftheMegacosmos »

Just recently thought of an idea for an anime or manga. I talked to Armored Entity about and others and so far, it's getting good reception.

My anime revolves around the theme of Yin and Yang. Because so, it results in a few important things.

1. There are many characters and two each have powers in relation to an idea, which could be a philosophy, faith, genre, archetype, emotion, act, object, etc. One is known as the "Positive" or "Yang", representing the positive aspects and depictions of the idea. The other, called the "Negative" or "Yin", represents the negative ones.

2. Characters have complex relationships with both Yins and Yangs. Though it is rare, some Yins cooperate with Yangs and vice-versa.

3. The power of a Yin and Yang depends on how broad their represented idea is. The broader the idea, the more powerful the characters are.

4. When a character is killed or destroyed, it results in a power vacuum, where someone else takes its place. This can happen in different ways (the powers of the character manifest in someone else.)

Who also sees this as a good anime?

AlexMdle
Administrator
Administrator
Epicness: micro skills

Re: Yin Yang Anime

Post by AlexMdle »

I sort of had my eyes narrowed and halfway rolling when reading what the thread is about.

Then from point nr.1 on, this actually seemed like a very interesting idea indeed.

I think the problem is that you're just asking if a premise can hold together an entire series, which I say is not enough.
You'd have to present me the plot, character summaries and the exact nature of the narrative before I could say whether this would make a good anime.
Now under new management.

Ex-Rumia
Elite Fraxian
Elite Fraxian
Epicness: Getting there.
Gold Stars: 0

Post by Ex-Rumia »

Kinda looks like One Piece in a nutshell. Just saying.
Formerly Haku1201.
Current Fraxy Projects:
F-Gradius
Project SH

Now known as a compulsive core abuser.

DC Universe Persona Names
Hero: Marietta Durge
Villian: Voivouire

JameyoftheMegacosmos
Fraxy Addict
Fraxy Addict

Haven't thought of a confirmed beginning, but here is something I have as of right now.

The main character is a student who lives in a room with three girls and two guys who are silent and talk to him often. To find out what is going on with them, he decides to follow them group one night since they often are gone at night. After following them to a dark place (like an abandoned buikding or something), he finds the group as Yangs fighting a powerful Yin. He intervenes and kills the Yin, who has overpowered the group and nearly kills one of girls. Though he saves them, they are also angry for him following them and killing the Yin. However, they are forced to tell them what is going on and the protagonist hopes to join them in fighting the Yins.

EDIT:

Just for some character development so far for the main group.

- Yang of Seriousness: More recognized as the leader of the group due to how she takes things seriously when needed. She becomes frustrated when the protagonist learned of their activities, but becomes more concerned him to avoid him becoming an Yin. When she does takes things seriously, he gets enhanced physical and mental abilities, including increased strength, speed, mental toughness, and flexibility.

- Yang of Wicca: Though not the leader, she is the most powerful one of the group. She has a calm, mature personality. Her main abilities are in relation to Wicca, using powers of fire, water, earth, air, and spirit. She can also create circles and create spells and charms to heal and benefit her allies. Her main responsibilities are medical treatment and sealing defeated Yins.

- Yang of Robotics: The smartest of the group. She is naturally intelligent and has a great interest in robotics and engineering. Her main abilities are to create robots out scrap metal, using the designs she makes. These help the group a lot from providing support to searching for enemies and traps.

- Yang of Delinquency: The toughest of the group. He had a rough and poor childhood until he was found by and joined the main group. He has abnormal strength and very good at close combat, but is still short of his leader.

AlexMdle
Administrator
Administrator

Post by AlexMdle »

THESE are the "ideas and philosophies" you were talking about?

JameyoftheMegacosmos
Fraxy Addict
Fraxy Addict

AlexMdle wrote:THESE are the "ideas and philosophies" you were talking about?
A small section, yes. They DO have names though. The Yin and Yangs are just how they are recognized. And I'm sure people would realize that they are counterparts to each other at least in a way.

One example would be two representing capitalism. Both the Yin and Yang have powers related to it, but the Yang represents the good sides of it while the Yang represents the dark sides. In this case, the Yin of Capitalism would be someone like an adventure seeker and free thinker while the Yin of Capitalism is someone like a corrupt corporate executive.

Another example would be of those of Wicca. Unlike the Yang of Wicca as said above, the Yin of Wicca represents dark depictions and sides and would create curses and despair rather than heal and help people.

JameyoftheMegacosmos
Fraxy Addict
Fraxy Addict

Ex-Rumia wrote:Kinda looks like One Piece in a nutshell. Just saying.
Explain on that, please. And compare.

Garoslaw
VIP Member
VIP Member
Gold Stars: 4

Post by Garoslaw »

I guess this is nice? I didn't actually seen you draw any humans, btw.
:yap:

[][][][]
Fraxy God
Fraxy God
Epicness: Never enough.

Post by [][][][] »

Sounds rather good to me, but I'll wait for the real stuff to come out before I think twice about it.
There was once something here,
but it's now gone.

AlexMdle
Administrator
Administrator

Post by AlexMdle »

I see. I thought you meant conflicting, dual concepts, like idealism/cynism.