Zemelian Odyssey

Forum-based word games, RPG games, you name it! They can be found here.
Ex-Rumia
Elite Fraxian
Elite Fraxian
Epicness: Getting there.
Gold Stars: 0

Re: Zemelian Odyssey

Post by Ex-Rumia »

With the leaving of the last customers of the inn, Alicia herself was finally able to see how much damage was done to the town. The smell of the decaying dead assaulted her nose as she stepped out of the archway, strong enough to actually make her gag and recoil out of reflex. She wasn't sure if the smell was caused by whatever made the tracks, but she would probably find out sometime later once the locals made their way in, she hoped anyway.
Formerly Haku1201.
Current Fraxy Projects:
F-Gradius
Project SH

Now known as a compulsive core abuser.

DC Universe Persona Names
Hero: Marietta Durge
Villian: Voivouire

PureQuestion
Epicness: 12
Gold Stars: 1

The Council

Post by PureQuestion »

A black figure surged across the plains of Honann, as fast as it could to get away from the flaming giants in Suma. It relaxed as the Alnkek mountains grew close, towering over the horizon. Any watching would swear they saw a sigh of relief.

The demon scaled the mountain quickly, its long claws digging effortlessly into the stone. Some time later it reached a cavern, home to a small village of humans.

As the demon entered, it hid its fear, standing tall above the humans as they stood back in reverence. This was one of several villages in Alnkek which had, out of fear, dedicated themselves to the shadows. This village, in fact, was the very first: Aedembramor. They worship the demons, sacrificing themselves - and others - to the darkness.

The demon marched into the Temple that dominated the town, hewn from the cavern's stone. It walked into what appeared to be a sermon. The demon stopped and waited as the High Priest quickly ushered out all those attending. It walked towards the pedestal, pointing towards a great stone tablet on the wall. An ornate symbol decorated this wall. A jet black circle with a red dot at its centre, black tendrils radiating outwards.After making certain no one was around, the Priest grabbed the edge of the stone, heaving it aside, revealing a passageway leading downwards.

The demon walked downwards, the priest sealing the passage behind it. The sounds of feet trudging back in began a few moments later.

At the end of the passage was a massive, dark space. Rows of massive black figures stood silently: The Council of Demons. They glared down at the small demon. In their language, the minion begged and pleaded. There was little sympathy among its superiors. There is no place for the weak. The largest of the demons stepped forward, leaning down in front of the begging form. It towered over it, easily a dozen times the size. With a swipe of its claws, the demon was obliterated, leaving only its heart, which was prompty devoured.
Leech
Parasite
Alien
Angel
Hell
Demon
Wrath
Signamente -         - Necros -         - Termos        
Omnis

This signature has been signed by the End of Infinity.

Spriterkid
Elite Fraxian
Elite Fraxian
Epicness: There's something in there alright

Post by Spriterkid »

Attempting to dodge the arrows (made easier from her size), she started chanting.
"Incendia, Ignis, Flamma."
Ophelia fired a Fireball at one of the bandits that was firing arrows.
RIP Ed Balls

[marquee="right","scroll","0","5"]buy flantasy flan[/marquee]
This signature has been signed by the End of fagets Infinity.

PureQuestion

Post by PureQuestion »

Anyway, let's get this show on the road.

------------------

The Sentinel and Steven led Chebraghol through a pass into Alnkek. On the way, they passed several caverns, each of which the Sentinel preemptively bathed in flames. As they passed over the top, the fortress came into view.

"My home."

Several villages dotted the valley. The four massive roads leading from the fortress were also visible. "Now then, anything strike you as interesting?"
Leech
Parasite
Alien
Angel
Hell
Demon
Wrath
Omnis

AlexMdle
Administrator
Administrator
Epicness: micro skills

Post by AlexMdle »

The demon leaned itself on the axe as it surveyed the fotress in the distance. He expected a black tower of some sorts. A black fortress then it is.

"This is an unusual structure. Not that Ive not seen any like it, but I did not expect humans to work castles of obsidian."
Now under new management.

PureQuestion

Post by PureQuestion »

"I was surprised to discover it myself. It's been here for centuries, or so I'm told. People refuse to go near the place, making it an ideal location for myself. Something to do with the throne lighting people up in flame. Sounds quite unpleasant, I make a point of staying away from it."

The Sentinel began walking again.

"If you're interested, I was planning on raiding a cult village this evening. My body supply is running low, particularly after dumping most of my spare skeletons into the Sentinel."
Leech
Parasite
Alien
Angel
Hell
Demon
Wrath
Omnis

AlexMdle
Administrator
Administrator

Post by AlexMdle »

Chebraghol lifted the axe and fastened it onto his back.

"This is far more satisyfing than hunting wolves." Hm. "Yes, I'd like to."

PureQuestion

Post by PureQuestion »

"Wonderful. I will be in my fortress gathering my troops. You have proven your ability to fight; perhaps I should test your tactics. You will have your choice of troops. I will direct you to the town and give you whatever information I can. The rest will be up to you."

The fortress grew closer, looming over the three approaching it. A demon, a flaming bone golem, and a ghost. What an unlikely combination.
Leech
Parasite
Alien
Angel
Hell
Demon
Wrath
Omnis

Dabir
Administrator
Administrator
Gold Stars: 4

Post by Dabir »

Although the bandits facing the wizards weren't experienced with magic, they certainly weren't stupid - after all, they'd survived on their wits alone for who knew how long - and they certainly weren't bad shots. Csiphe managed to evade an arrow or two during his chant, but before he could finish he took a shot straight into the meaty part of his leg. As it turned out, "Urghhh" was not an especially arcane syllable.

Ophelia fared somewhat better, as the bandits were hesitant to kill a small child, and certainly hadn't expected her to be of any threat. She finished her incantation with ease, and the fireball streaked towards the bandits, causing them to scatter for cover. One of them hadn't been fast enough, and took the blast straight in the chest. He fell to his knees, shrieking and burning, then collapsed.

Still in incredible pain, Csiphe surveyed the situation. The three hostages were lying face-down on the ground with their hands on the backs of their heads, still apparently alive. One of the bandits was a burning corpse in front of them. The other four had crouched behind rocks - probably how they'd ambushed the minstrels in the first place - and were occasionally popping out to take pot shots - as he looked around, finding each of them, an arrow went straight past his head.

AlexMdle
Administrator
Administrator

Post by AlexMdle »

Chebraghol remembered a peculiar instance of many years ago...
The demon was small in stature, slim and his skin was rather green. He was dressed in malachite robes and carried an oversized staff with a ring of skulls dangling on a rusty chain.

"Have you ever wondered what the best way to ensure loyality is?" The demon asked.

"Yes, milord. Plenty of food, flowing blood and women. Some also prefer a good fight."
Chebraghol answered.

The greenish demon cackled.

"No, you fool." He drew one of the skeletons closer and had it jump down the crevasse. "Anybody can offer fresh meat and warm blood, maid and promise of glory." He spat down after the fallen skeleton. "Or you can keep them loyal with fear. If you threaten to raise them from the grave, bound to service forever, they will fight feverishly to stay alive. And if they do fall..." The demon grinned.

The large, red demon and the small, green demon made their way between the rows of skeletal warriors.

"They will not ask for anything and will fight unconditionally. Frankly, I'd prefer if every army was built like this. But those like me are rare."
Yes, yes... shame he got an arrow to his neck just a few days later. It passed right through the gurading skeleton's ribcage.

"Tis sounds like a good plan." Chebraghol replied to the ghost.