Zarro's Interface Request Topic

Post images here.
ZarroTsu
Excelling Fraxian
Excelling Fraxian
Gold Stars: 21

Zarro's Interface Request Topic

Post by ZarroTsu »

Recently I decided to look into making interfaces for Fraxy, and it turns out it's actually pretty easy, and excessively versatile if you have everything you need (and some time on your hands).
As such, I see it fit that I may as well make custom interfaces, so long as the resources are presented. If you have a shmup whose interface you'd like to see replicated in fraxy, supply me with what you can, and I'll see what I can do. (Note this would be made exceptionally easy if what you gave me was a spritesheet rather than a screenshot. If you insist on a screenshot, however, make sure it is in perfect quality. If it's jpeg, I can't do anything with it.)

Note that the amount of a damn I give is directly proportionate to the amount of a damn that YOU give. Screenshots, elaboration, and everything I might NEED, I DO need. If you want an original, custom interface, then at least TELL ME WHAT YOU WANT, AND WHERE ON THE SCREEN YOU WANT IT. Everything else will be ignored, save for my middle finger.

Something that would make the process especially easy on me is if you were to present a black image with all the pieces you want arranged how you would like the final product to appear. This makes it a heck of a lot easier when I have to work with several small pieces on an original HUD, or several pointless numerics on a replication HUD.
Last edited by ZarroTsu on Wed Aug 17, 2011 3:10 am, edited 8 times in total.

ZarroTsu
Excelling Fraxian
Excelling Fraxian
Gold Stars: 21

Re: Zarro's Interface Request Topic

Post by ZarroTsu »

Zaximillian wrote:Looks great. Is it possible for the energy display to be a 270 degree arc, for example?
Like what?

Garoslaw
VIP Member
VIP Member
Gold Stars: 4

Post by Garoslaw »

I have an request.

Think you could make an interface based from Radio Zonde?
This is a screenshot while playing Radio Zonde on Immortal mode.
The crosses on the Left represent the Lives you lost, instead of an normal live count in most interfaces.
In the Spritesheet is the cross, although you want to make the Life count, there is a Heart next to the cross. That represents a life.
In case you don't know what i'm talking about, here is a screenshot of the game while playing as a Mortal.
And here is a spritesheet with the elements of the interface itself.
I think that is more than enough, right?
:yap:

Armored Entity
Advanced Fraxian
Advanced Fraxian
Epicness: Not exactly sure, but perhaps pretty epic.

Post by Armored Entity »

Do any of these work in Free Mode, or does it have to be in a try file only?
I would like to ask a favor from for anyone who is my friend here.
If someday we meet in person in the near future, and I had recently done anything that would confirm that I had become a Brony (which as of now I am not one), such as if I had posted on a Pony-related fan-site, drawn a Pony-themed artwork, contributed to a Pony fanfic, or anything else along those lines. If I have done anything like that, I want you to punch me in the face without warning. This make sound like I'm joking, but I am absolutely serious about this. Ignore any future statements retracting this if I ever make any. Though if you do, please first confirm that it is me who is doing it, and not some Brony who is posing as me and wants to see me get punched. I do not wish to go down the path of the Bronies, and hopefully those of you reading this will help me so that it stays that way, if god forbid I ever even attempt it.
Thank you.

Garoslaw
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post by Garoslaw »

Yes, they should work in free mode as well, if I'm not mistaken.

Alnylthyria
Fraxy Addict
Fraxy Addict
Epicness: x^y, where x>1, y>1 and y=x^y

Post by Alnylthyria »

Zarro, if you don't mind, I'd like a Mega Man interface.

The durability/energy/whatever is the first filled column, and, if you can, make energy obtained via Soll Diffuser the last filled column.
Also if possible, use the other meters to represent the cooldown on the weapons.
Put these on the top left corner of the screen, with some space from the edge and each other.

Edit: Also, if possible, replace the enemy durability meters with a replica of the player meter on the opposite side of the screen.

Use the Mega Man head near the middle here for lives. Put these under the durability, aligned laterally.
And for the score, which is centered at the top of the screen use the numbers in the top file in this zip.
Anything that happens, happens. Anything that, in happening, cause something else to happen, causes something else to happen. Anything that, in happening, causes itself to happen again, happens again. It doesn't necessarily do it in chronological order though. -- Douglas Adams

Armored Entity
Advanced Fraxian
Advanced Fraxian
Epicness: Not exactly sure, but perhaps pretty epic.

Post by Armored Entity »

Zarro, I'd like to request an Interface from you. It is for Veneficus Arcanum, and I have an idea for it.

The Interface I need is based on the one used in Castle of Shikigami, but with some differences. I couldn't find sprites but I did find a screenshot for you Zarro. If someone else can find sprites, let me know.

Basically the Interface I need will look like that, but with these differences.

-Remove those side-character pics and just make that area the "normal screen." Veneficus Arcanum will use the Fraxy 640X480 with the sides shadowed and restricted down to 360X480, and the Interface will just be on those shadowed areas. Just the interface stats and stuff, but the side pics removed.

-The Life Counter instead of those blue bars, should be instead Life X(number of lives). Shouldn't be too hard for you to change. That will be so that the Player can see how many lives he/she has even if they go over.

-Do not add that little "Player 2 Start thing" at the top of the screen, as for this will be a 1player Fraxy game. Please just make it the 1player one, and don't add that Player 2 stuff as for it is unneeded now.

-Of Course, do not add that IGN.com emblem to the interface

-Remember to include that bomb counter though. I was thinking of making limited bombs if I find a way, and there will be a maximum to the number the player can carry there. Make it look similar too.

That's all I need Zarro. Hope that this isn't too hard for you to make.
Last edited by Armored Entity on Fri Nov 25, 2011 4:56 am, edited 1 time in total.
I would like to ask a favor from for anyone who is my friend here.
If someday we meet in person in the near future, and I had recently done anything that would confirm that I had become a Brony (which as of now I am not one), such as if I had posted on a Pony-related fan-site, drawn a Pony-themed artwork, contributed to a Pony fanfic, or anything else along those lines. If I have done anything like that, I want you to punch me in the face without warning. This make sound like I'm joking, but I am absolutely serious about this. Ignore any future statements retracting this if I ever make any. Though if you do, please first confirm that it is me who is doing it, and not some Brony who is posing as me and wants to see me get punched. I do not wish to go down the path of the Bronies, and hopefully those of you reading this will help me so that it stays that way, if god forbid I ever even attempt it.
Thank you.

Scionox
Elite Fraxian
Elite Fraxian
Epicness: Rawr
Gold Stars: 1

Post by Scionox »

MM
The screenshot is jpg, i don't think Zarro will work with that
Was known as: <Insert huge list of nicknames i wont ever use again>
Ancient creation list: http://www.fraxyhq.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1526" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
YouTube Channel: Click
Rawr.

This signature has been signed by the End of Infinity.

Garoslaw
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post by Garoslaw »

Nihility wrote:MM
The screenshot is jpg, i don't think Zarro will work with that
and it's from IGN xD

Garoslaw
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post by Garoslaw »

I know, nercobump.

I have no clue if Zarro could do this, but I found this interface, without a download link.
And it never was added.
So I ask, can you make an interface that resembles the following?