Team ⑨ Mystical Quest - (A Touhou RPG)

Talk about other video games here.
Evil_Nazgul0616
Excelling Fraxian
Excelling Fraxian
Epicness: ⑨√⑨^⑨

Team ⑨ Mystical Quest - (A Touhou RPG)

Post by Evil_Nazgul0616 »

AKA: The primary reason why I was absent from here for several months.

Since I don't feel like "copy and paste"-ing every single thing, refer to this thread on the Touhou Forums for screenshots, older versions, and more information: https://www.shrinemaiden.org/forum/inde ... 953.0.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
The Shrinemaiden thread will always be up-to-date.

What is this? It's a Touhou RPG with an FBS (Frontal-view Battle System). The FBS somewhat reminds me of Final Fantasy Mystic Quest, so that's what the game's name is derived from.

STORY:
The story is that the Three Mischievous Fairies kidnap Daiyousei, and Cirno assembles Team ⑨ to get her back. After confronting the trio in the Forbidden Section of the SDM Library, Sunny Milk accidentally unleashes a powerful youkai by the name of Ōgonsekai no Daisanji (If google is correct, this translates roughly to "catastrophe from Utopia" or something, though I wouldn't trust google 100%), who kidnaps Daiyousei and enslaves the Three Fairies. Somehow it all comes down to Team ⑨ to save Gensokyo from Daisanji's evil plan.

The story will be broken up into six chapters.

The first chapter is currently playable. It takes roughly an two and a half hours to complete with minimum level-ups.

Download link: Alpha v.2.1 (Chapter 1)

VIDEOS: FEATURES:
NOTES:
KNOWN BUGS OR GLITCHES:
CURRENTLY INACCESSIBLE OVERWORLD LOCATIONS:
Tips/Secrets (Blah Blah Blah... Read at your own risk if you hate spoilers... Blah Blah...):
If you decide to play this, please let me know if you encounter any of the following:
-An undiscovered bug or glitch.
-spelling/grammar errors. (Tell me which cutscene/NPC and what line.)
-cutscene flaws. (There's a couple in this version I already found and are going to be fixed in the next)
-Out of character dialogue. (Tell me which cutscene/NPC and what line. If you can suggest an improvement, that would be helpful, and I will credit you if I use it.)
-Dialogue that does not flow well. (See above)
-Redundant Dialogue. (See above)
-Exploits.
-Sequence breaks. (The first chapter is intended to be the most linear, so most sequence breaks are bad in this case)
-Game breakers.
"The geography that I stands compares you superior" -Ratio Tile, Star War: Backstroke Of The West

Evil_Nazgul0616
Excelling Fraxian
Excelling Fraxian
Epicness: ⑨√⑨^⑨

Re: Team ⑨ Mystical Quest - (A Touhou RPG)

Post by Evil_Nazgul0616 »

flan wrote:"Guests cannot view attachments"
Oh, I didn't know that. Sorry.

Well, there's always the next best thing to screenshots: Video! (The links to which are below the DL link.)

I unfortunately don't have those particular screenshots on my computer anymore, and I don't feel like re-downloading them at the moment, so for now I'm just going to put up a few of the development screenshots that I currently have which show one of the bosses that's going to be in the next version:
One of the boss's attacks:
The gimmick of this boss:
The aftermath of casting a spell immediately after the above screenshot was taken:
"The geography that I stands compares you superior" -Ratio Tile, Star War: Backstroke Of The West