Elite Fraxian
Elite Fraxian
Epicness: Your mom
Gold Stars: 1

Snipe's Ensemble

Post by SnipeHeart »

Because why not?

Example of a piece I made in Finale.

I'm willing to take request to compose music using either Anvil Studios (For a MIDI File) or Finale Notepad 2012 (For any file, really). This is mainly because I:
A.) Want to practice with composing.
B.) Enjoy it.
C.) Want to make music for those who really can't because they're unable to / don't feel like it / other reasons.

There's a few limitations to what I can do.
Anvil Studios only offers me (what I consider to be) relatively bad sound files.
Finale Notepad only offers a Maximum of 8 different instrument tracks, although I can manipulate it a bit in some cases. (I.E. Lowering a Tenor Voice's notes so it's a Bass Voice.) Neither of which appear to let me to add a accelerando or ritardando to the piece while it plays, much to my dismay.

There's also a small problem that the sounds in Finale aren't exactly what they come out to be, since I'm converting it from an MUS file to an OGG / MP3 / Whatever file. This irritates me endlessly, especially when it comes to Timpani.

I'd like to specify with what you want, and not just say "I want a song that could be used for a battle" because that's a bit ambiguous, although if you'd be interested in what I made out of it, then go ahead, just don't say that that wasn't what you meant.

What I'd appreciate.
What Program: (Anvil Studios or Finale Notepad - I'd recommend the latter.)
File Format you want it in: (MP3, OGG, WAV, etc.)
Instrumentation: (Orchestra, Orchestra + Chorus, Orchestra + Band, Band + Chorus, Brass Quintet, Whatever you want)*
Genre: (March, Ceremony, etc. (Examples would also work, if you can't describe it properly.))
Theme: (Pretty much where you'd hear this, so words like "Funeral, Haunted Mansion, etc." would work.)
Solos: (Optional, not needed.)
Anything Else: (Put whatever you feel like I need to know here.)

* - Orchestras consist of Violin section, Viola section, Cello section, and Contrabass section. Chorus consists of an Alto voice (Doubles Soprano) and Tenor Voice (Doubles Bass.), and Bands consist of Flute, Clarinet, Alto Sax, Trumpet, French Horn, Trombone, Tuba, and Percussion Section. If you want any combination of them, tell me. (I.E. Orchestra + Chorus + Percussion + Solo Trumpet.) ( 4 + 2 + 1 + 1 = 8 ).

I'm also accepting constructive criticism for the pieces here, so please no "lol u suk" comments, even though they may be true, it won't help, and will only be ignored.

Since it takes a small while to make music, this thread may go dormant from time to time, and as long as the posts are relevant to what I have posted previously, then I really won't mind necrobumps, although if it's irrelevant, I'd ask that they be kept off this thread and, if one does come up here, that they just be removed. Thanks.

Nothing much else for me to say other than that

PureQuestion
Epicness: 12

Re: Snipe's Ensemble

Post by PureQuestion »

I'll bite. The sample you posted is quite nice. I was actually surprised by the sound quality; it was much better than I'd expect from something made in a free program.

Funnily, the only thing I can think of is thing what could be used for a battle. Indecisiveness strikes again, it would seem. For the sake of providing details I'd like something maybe starting out a bit slow and picking up tempo gradually before settling into something with a faster pace?

Program: Finale, as you wish.
Instrumentation: I'll go with Orchestra + Chorus
Genre: See above, really.
Theme: Hrm. Actually, on hitting preview, I got distracted by my signature. Perhaps something... dark.
Solos: Uh. If you want, I guess? :I

If there's anything I did horribly wrong (quite likely, honestly!), please, tell me.
Leech
Parasite
Alien
Angel
Hell
Demon
Wrath
Signamente -         - Necros -         - Termos        
Omnis

This signature has been signed by the End of Infinity.

Infinity's End
Elite Fraxian
Elite Fraxian
Epicness:
Gold Stars:

Post by Infinity's End »

Program: Either or. Your call.
File Format - .mp3 is preferred.
Instrumentation - Orchestra and/or Band, your call.
Theme - A theme for the UFF, and/or the Fraxy community as a whole.

MintE
Excelling Fraxian
Excelling Fraxian
Epicness: Walrus
Gold Stars: Walrus

Post by MintE »

Infinity's End wrote:Program: Either or. Your call.
File Format - .mp3 is preferred.
Instrumentation - Orchestra and/or Band, your call.
Theme - A theme for the UFF, and/or the Fraxy community as a whole.
A theme for the UFF would be interesting. In fact, double the urgency of this order Snipe.

But, I'd like a 7 minute guitar solo. Make it happen.
Who am I kidding!? I'm a terrible person

Garoslaw
VIP Member
VIP Member
Gold Stars: 4

Post by Garoslaw »

Request?
What Program: Too bad that no FL Studio, but I guess Finale
File Format you want it in: MP3
Instrumentation: Orchestra+Chorus
Genre: Classical
Theme: Requiem
Solos: Dark Piano at ~30 Seconds near the end
Anything Else: I'd like it at around 130 BPM (Mid-Paced I think) throughout the beginning, then a gradual switch of pace to a faster one when reaching the middle, at near the end you can make it go a bit chaotic 'till around 30 seconds near the end of the theme. That's when I want to hear a Piano.

I hope I'm not asking too much, and I hope I described the most out of my request. If you feel that it's not enough then I can tell more.
:yap:

SnipeHeart
Elite Fraxian
Elite Fraxian
Epicness: Your mom

Post by SnipeHeart »

PureQuestion wrote:For the sake of providing details I'd like something maybe starting out a bit slow and picking up tempo gradually before settling into something with a faster pace?
Garoslaw wrote:then a gradual switch of pace to a faster one when reaching the middle
SnipeHeart wrote:Neither of which appear to let me to add a accelerando or ritardando to the piece while it plays, much to my dismay.
Since more people want the UFF Theme, I'll work on that first, and take PQ's request as a side project for it.

PureQuestion

Post by PureQuestion »

You can't just... place notes closer together?
Leech
Parasite
Alien
Angel
Hell
Demon
Wrath
Omnis

Garoslaw
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post by Garoslaw »

PureQuestion wrote:You can't just... place notes closer together?
That.
:yap:

Dabir
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Dabir »

Unfortunately music is divided into powers of two, with a set amount of time per x notes. Snipe's programs do not allow him to gradually speed up or slow down by adjusting the set amount of time per x notes. In addition, attempting to use shorter notes to replicate the same effect would be quite difficult to accomplish without sounding very odd. 'Placing notes closer together' doesn't make sense, as notes have length as well as a starting time, and many instruments can only play one note at once.

PureQuestion

Post by PureQuestion »

figured something like that. Ah well.
Leech
Parasite
Alien
Angel
Hell
Demon
Wrath
Omnis