Fraxy Design Workshop by Garo

Users can collaborate with each other here to make Fraxy bosses or TRYs.
Garoslaw
VIP Member
VIP Member
Gold Stars: 4

Fraxy Design Workshop by Garo

Post by Garoslaw »

Alright so I've been thinking a bit. I see some people make designs but then suddenly lose motivation for it for some reason, perhaps they were disillusioned by the way how it looks. Perhaps if it looked better or had a more unique/easier to handle/better mechanic to it, it would fire up their mind to finish it.

I figured I would be giving out a hand for you. You have two options if you decide to use my help:

- 1 - You may hand out a design you do not like in your own opinion, and leave it to me to prettify it. Up to you to decide whenever to make it subtle or a complete overhaul.

- 2 - You give me a general description of how the boss should look like, and detail it if necessary.

I also like to often consult you, and only you on the general progress until you see the design as fit.
Make sure to point out whenever to give you the design through this thread or through the PM.

So, anyone interested?
:yap:

[][][][]
Fraxy God
Fraxy God
Epicness: Never enough.

Re: Fraxy Design Workshop by Garo

Post by [][][][] »

I'd like to request something, then.
EREDAR-AQUAS has been delayed due to my own horrible construction skills, so here goes nothing. You could pick one form to make, or maybe you could try to take on two or even all of them, or you could even make just part of it.

The intro would have Eredar running from the player until a hangar emerges and loads it in. Then the entire thing begins to surface, shaking the screen and creating waves.

Its first form would be a submersible carrier. The thing would look like a rather large (can cover the entire 480 x 360 screen) and spheroid submarine, whose compartments can retract and expand to show craft bays. Its surface will be dotted with shifting plates, which can occasionally reveal turrets. The thing is immobile when not underwater, though.
Something to note on its submerging tactics: abuse the distort thing (that bubble thing that just got released), invisible and visible checks, and maybe the burner as well.

The second form, on the other hand, would be a battleship. The compartments will be blown open, the shell will transform into a more contemporary design and the surface will open up to deploy the big turrets. The turrets would retract as it goes underwater, and there could be some separate weapons that would emerge to attack while the battleship itself is under.

The third and final form will be a destroyer. The big shell will crack away, and the destroyer will emerge from the wreckage, not as armed as the battleship, but much more flexible in its structure (many ways of shifting its form to reveal more weapons). Inside this one will be the Eredar itself, which will fly away as the destroyer sinks.

EDIT: I've seen that Ace of Pentacles dump you've made, and I am impressed by that effect. Can a similar thing be done with the second and/or third form's transformation? (minus the energy, of course)
There was once something here,
but it's now gone.