RtD: Turn 6 - The Troll Falls

Forum-based word games, RPG games, you name it! They can be found here.
Jayeon
Excelling Fraxian
Excelling Fraxian
Epicness: Xenotype Z.

Re: RtD: The Whizzard, the Meaning of Life, and the Town - Turn 3.5

Post by Jayeon »

Drakiel responded to the bartender's comment about the necromancer in agreement. "Indeed. The fool blindly sought immortality and cared for nothing but his goal in the process. And you know what infuriates me the most? The fact that he thought one of my fellow angels would appear before him to grant his request." He then shook his head in disgust at such a thought before continuing. "Either way, the heavens have been in an uproar over all this for quite a while. However, they eventually decided to send me and possibly a few others down here to purge Death's armies from the land. I agreed to their decision, as it was a mission I had been willing to take ever since this whole mess occurred." Drakiel looked around himself for a few seconds and then turned back to the bartender. "I must leave soon. The troll will be here at any minute. Thank you for taking your time to talk with me."
Say goodbye to the bartender and leave the inn. Upgrade my sword at the blacksmith's before returning to the battlefield.
Welcome to Nature's Domain.

My YouTube
My Steam
Bosses

Formerly known as robloxmario2.

Deadliar
Excelling Fraxian
Excelling Fraxian
Epicness: getting there

Post by Deadliar »

Upon Drakiel's arrival, Al starts acting more nervous for reasons unknown to even himself.

He walks around a bit before sitting down on a rock, then complains about the troll truly being as slow as the bartender said.
Omega Fuck Triple

SnipeHeart
Elite Fraxian
Elite Fraxian
Epicness: Your mom
Gold Stars: 1

Post by SnipeHeart »

Jayeon wrote: Say goodbye to the bartender and leave the inn. Upgrade my sword at the blacksmith's before returning to the battlefield.
You leave the inn and go to the Blacksmith.

"An angel, eh? I know exactly what you want done to your sword." The blacksmith takes it and heads into his shop, away from peering eyes.

Roll: 19

Moments later, the blacksmith comes out of his shop, the sword looking the same, except the blade looks like it was dipped in yellow paint. "They say that yellow and white are the colors of angels. This ought to help you. Trust me." Feeling robbed, you reluctantly take the sword and head off to the battlefield.

Item Destroyed: Old Sword
Item Obtained: Old Holy Sword +4 STR, +2 DEX, +2 INT
Deadliar wrote:He walks around a bit before sitting down on a rock, then complains about the troll truly being as slow as the bartender said.
"Patience is a virtue." states David, sensing Al's unease. "The idea of facing death isn't exactly something worth looking forward to, either."
(I'll wait until tomorrow morning for IE, pretty much after I wake up, shower, and eat. If he doesn't post by then, then I'll start the battle regardless.)

READY LIST:
ShadowSpectre: Ready
Flan: Ready
DeadLiar: Ready
Jayeon: Ready
The Phantom: Not Ready
VR: Ready

SnipeHeart
Elite Fraxian
Elite Fraxian

Post by SnipeHeart »

-Arondight has been moved to the Battlefield-

A large, chanting sound from a massive amount of goblins can be heard echoing across the battlefield. At first, it's faint. Almost as if it was the product of one's own imagination. Within a short period of time, though, it's too loud to mistake as something unreal. It is very real, and it is very close. Several goblins swarm out of the surrounding forest, not carrying weapons, but carrying banners and horns, as if this was a fight in a Colosseum, and the heroes were the gladiators. A path is cleared, and a large Troll bursts from the treeline, large enough to carry a trunk of one as a makeshift sword, and standing several times taller than the average human. On top of that, a Shaman appears to be riding on top of the Troll's head.

BOSS BATTLE

Troll
HP: 120/120
MP: 30/30
Abilities:
Headbutt - Deals heavy physical damage to both the target and itself.
Crippling Blow (Passive) - 1/6 chance to reduce a targets roll by 1 if the Troll successfully attacks them. Lasts 1 turn or until they're healed.

Goblin Shaman
HP: 20/20
MP: 40/40
Abilities:
Far Away (Passive) - Cannot be targeted by melee attacks. No longer applies if the Troll is defeated.
Magic Ball - A magic attack with no secondary effects
Heal I - Restore a portion of your own or an ally's health
Enrage - Use your magic to make the Troll go into a fury, reducing its DEF and INT, but increasing its STR and DEX.

Deadliar
Excelling Fraxian
Excelling Fraxian

Post by Deadliar »

(whispering)"Focus on the right leg, this thing is already clumsy, we should render it unable to move for an easy kill, maybe it will stumble and knock off that goblin too."

Al waits for the troll to attack someone, then rushes in and double attacks the troll's leg, aiming for any vital points
Omega Fuck Triple

Xeilumardrox
Epicness: Contradictory
Gold Stars: 5

Re: RtD: The Troll - Turn 4

Post by Xeilumardrox »

Use wound on the troll's leg-on the shin if possible.
Current Fraxy Projects:
MoSF XVIII - Desire, FraxyHQ Try Project

Annoyance Points: 0/5 *RESET*

Formerly known as Vortexreaper and Scytheradrox...

This signature has been signed by the End of Infinity.

The Phantom
Excelling Fraxian
Excelling Fraxian

Re: RtD: Level Up! - Turn 2

Post by The Phantom »

shit sorry

11 SP? +3 DEF +1 STR
Bash Troll. In the right leg.
Current Status: Sleep deprived. Also, back.

Jayeon
Excelling Fraxian
Excelling Fraxian
Epicness: Xenotype Z.

Post by Jayeon »

Drakiel took a good look at the troll as soon as it entered the battlefield. After seeing some of the others go after its right leg, he looked up and watched the goblin shaman on its head carefully. He sensed that the shaman, with the magic abilities that it had, would likely become a problem when fighting the troll. However, Drakiel decided to go for the troll first, seeing as the shaman would be difficult for him to hit even with his ability to fly. He turned to look at his newly modified sword, before turning back to the troll. He then flew towards the troll's right leg, clutching his sword with both hands.
Strike the Troll in the right leg.
Welcome to Nature's Domain.

My YouTube
My Steam
Bosses

Formerly known as robloxmario2.

SnipeHeart
Elite Fraxian
Elite Fraxian

Post by SnipeHeart »

Flan wrote:elem strike shaman dude
-3 MP

Action Roll: 5
Elemental Roll: 5 = Wind
Success Roll: 2 - Failure

You gather up the magic around you, the magic crackling as it gathers in a very concentrated location (+1 to attack roll). You send the magic attack at the Shaman sitting on top of the Troll.

Attack Roll: 2+1 v 5

But the Shaman easily wards off your attack.
ShadowSpectre wrote:Attack the Troll (Auto-action’d)

You use your superior agility to try and get around the Troll to give yourself an edge in the battle, and attack it with your dagger. Thankfully, it doesn’t notice you (+1 to attack roll).

Attack Roll: 5+1 v 6

You manage to graze the Troll, inflicting 2 damage.
Jayeon wrote:Strike the Troll in the right leg.

You manage to get to the Troll while it is distracted by something else (+1 to attack roll). You swing your sword at the Troll’s leg...

Attack Roll: 5+1 v 5

... and manage to inflict 7 damage!
David wrote:Use Eagle Slash on the Troll
-5 MP

Action Roll: 4

David pulls his sword back and jumps at the Troll, attempting to strike it down...

Attack Roll: 5 v 2

He manages to hit the Troll for 22 damage!

Stat reduction roll: 3

The Troll had its stats reduced by 3 for 2 turns or until it is healed.
VR wrote:Use wound on the troll's leg-on the shin if possible.
-2 MP

Action Roll: 3

You pull your sword back and slash downwards, trying to wound the Troll.

Attack Roll: 3 v 2

You manage to pierce the Troll’s skin and inflict 11 damage!

Wound Roll: 5

The troll has been wounded, and will take 3 damage for 5 turns or until it is healed.

GOBLIN SHAMAN

Attack Selection Roll: 7 - Magic Ball
Action Roll: 3
Target Roll: 9 - Arondight

The Shaman begins chanting something, though exactly what cannot be made out as it’s in the Goblin’s native tongue. Before long, a sphere of magic appears in front of the Shaman, who then launches it at Arondight!

Attack Roll: 4 v 3

And it manages to hit him for 9 damage!
IE wrote:Bash Troll. In the right leg.
-2 MP

Action Roll: 6
Attack Roll: 4v3

You bash the Troll, and you hear a crunching sound on impact come from the Troll, as if you managed to break its bones. (+2 to your Defense Rolls and -1 to the Troll’s defense rolls until the beginning of your next turn.)

The Troll also takes 6 damage!

TROLL

Attack Selection Roll: 3 - Standard Attack
Target Roll: 8 - ShadowSpectre

The Troll, despite being wounded, raises its makeshift weapon and brings it down on ShadowSpectre, catching him off guard (+1 to attack roll).

Attack Roll: 2+1 v 5

But ShadowSpectre manages to avoid the attack!
DeadLiar wrote:Al waits for the troll to attack someone, then rushes in and double attacks the troll's leg, aiming for any vital points
-2 MP

Action Roll: 4

You charge the Troll while it is focusing on something else and exposed, preparing to attack twice.

Attack Roll #1: 5 v 3-1
Attack Roll #2: 5 v 2-1

Both attacks hit for a combined total of 28 damage!

-END OF ACTIONS-

Troll
HP: 44/120
MP: 30/30
Abilities:
Headbutt - Deals heavy physical damage to both the target and itself.
Crippling Blow (Passive) - 1/6 chance to reduce a targets roll by 1 if the Troll successfully attacks them. Lasts 1 turn or until they're healed.

DEBUFFS
Eagle Down - Stats reduced by 3 for 2 turns or until it is healed.
Wounded - Takes 3 damage for 5 turns or until it is healed.
Bashed: -1 to defense rolls until the beginning of Arondight's next turn

Goblin Shaman
HP: 20/20
MP: 40/40
Abilities:
Far Away (Passive) - Cannot be targeted by melee attacks. No longer applies if the Troll is defeated.
Magic Ball - A magic attack with no secondary effects
Heal I - Restore a portion of your own or an ally's health
Enrage - Use your magic to make the Troll go into a fury, reducing its DEF and INT, but increasing its STR and DEX.

The Battle continues.
Everyone but Flan restores 1 MP, Flan restores 2MP
Last edited by SnipeHeart on Tue Jun 23, 2015 3:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Deadliar
Excelling Fraxian
Excelling Fraxian

Re: RtD: The Battle Continues - Turn 5

Post by Deadliar »

Al looks up at the wounded troll in front of him and tries to make best of the situation. It would be unwise to say in attacking range, but retreating won't help kill this thing. For a second, Al just stands there, gripping his dagger. Then darkness grazes the perimeter of his vision, and almost instantly, Al knows what to do.

Al takes a few leaps back and takes his time to aim, then throws the old dagger at the troll, aiming for the eyes. (Al will retrieve it after the troll dies)
Last edited by Deadliar on Tue Jun 23, 2015 8:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Omega Fuck Triple