RtD: Turn 6 - The Troll Falls

Forum-based word games, RPG games, you name it! They can be found here.
The Phantom
Excelling Fraxian
Excelling Fraxian

Re: RtD: Level Up! - Turn 2

Post by The Phantom »

Ability: Bash
+2 STR +2 DEF (10 SP total)
Use Bash on a Knight. If one or both Knights are damaged, use it on the one with more HP.
Current Status: Sleep deprived. Also, back.

SnipeHeart
Elite Fraxian
Elite Fraxian
Epicness: Your mom
Gold Stars: 1

Post by SnipeHeart »

DeadLiar wrote:Attack the squishy caster type, if dead, attack a knight.
Action Roll: 3

You attack the Goblin Wizard with your dagger!

Attack Roll: 1 v 4

But the Wizard easily avoids your attack and is able to whack at you with its staff! You attempt to avoid the attack...

Roll to Dodge: 2

But get whacked right in the face by the end of the staff and take 1 damage!
(You’re lucky this guy has 1 STR)
Flan wrote:Get Elemental Strike and use it on the Goblin Wizard
-3MP

Action Roll: 6
You call upon the elements. Storm clouds erupt overhead as magic concentrates around the wizard. You feel as if the power of the gods themselves are channelling into your attack. +2 to attack roll.

Element Roll: 1 - Fire
Secondary Effect Roll: 5 - Success
(FYI - I pretend it’s a coin for the elements that have 50% chance. Odd numbers are Heads, Even numbers are tails, and Heads activates these element.)

The ball of magic explodes upwards into the sky, raining down fire upon the enemy!

Attack Roll: 3+2 = 5 v 2

One of the fireballs hits the Goblin Wizard for 12 damage!
The Goblin Wizard is burned and will take 3 damage after each one of its attacks for 3 turns!
ShadowSpectre wrote:Attack a Goblin Knight. (Auto-actioned)

The goblins see you coming and get ready to defend themselves.

Attack Roll: 3 v 1

You manage to get through the defense of the goblin and slash at it with your dagger, inflicting 4 damage on the Goblin Knight!
Jayeon wrote:Attempt to find an opening and strike the Goblin Wizard from above.

The green aura surrounding your sword seems to expand and retract steadily, as if it is a living organism and is breathing. You hear a voice, though it doesn’t come from any direction, but rather, it seems to echo across the battlefield.

“I am yours to command...” (+2 to attack roll)

As you look around the battlefield, nobody else appears to have heard this mysterious voice, nor seems to be aware of the aura engulfing your sword.

“Lead the way...” You hear the voice say.

As you bring your sword down, the aura lashes out at the goblin!

Attack Roll: 3+2 v 5

The Goblin Wizard braces itself, guarding against most of the attack, but still takes 9 damage and dies!
The Phantom wrote:Use Bash on a Knight. If one or both Knights are damaged, use it on the one with more HP.
Action Roll: 5

You bring an arm back and swing it at the Goblin, ready to defend yourself as needed.

Attack Roll: 6 v 1

You manage to catch the Goblin when they aren’t expecting you, bypassing their defenses and inflicting 18 damage on a Goblin Knight!

You then step back, ready to retaliate as needed. (+1 to all defense rolls)
VR wrote:Use wound on Goblin Wizard (and if dead, use it on the Knight).
-2MP

Action Roll: 2
You charge the Goblin Knight with your sword, but the goblin is already prepared to face you.

Attack Roll: 1 v 6
The goblin not only defends against your attack successfully, but manages to retaliate! You try to get out of the way...

Roll to Dodge: 1

... but the attack hits you with all its might and pierces some of your armor.

You take 3 damage.

ENEMY ATTACKS

Goblin Knight #1
HP: 7/25

Roll Target: 7 = ShadowSpectre

The goblin charges, its heavy wounds seeming to make it much more bloodthirsty than ever before. (+2 to attack roll)

Attack Roll: 1+2 v 5

But you manage to defend yourself successfully from its attack.

Goblin Knight #2
HP: 21/25

Target Roll: 12 = Drakiel

The goblin swings its sword at Drakiel...

Attack Roll: 4 v 4

... And manages to hit him, but his armor defends him from any serious damage!

-END OF ACTIONS-

NOTES
- Everyone naturally restores 1MP per turn, except for Wizards (Flan), who, because of being attuned to the magic of the world, restores 2MP per turn.
- SS was auto-actioned but I'm not counting this against him because he told me he was gone via Facebook.
- Don't worry about the EXP counter thing anymore, it's too much mathematics for me to develop a scaling EXP Bar that is functional throughout the game, so I'll just notify everyone of when they level up.
- The fight continues.

Goblin Knight #1
HP: 7/25 HP
MP: 6/6
Abilities: Wound - 2MP

Goblin Knight #2
HP: 21/25
MP: 6/6
Abilities: Wound - 2MP

Xeilumardrox
Epicness: Contradictory
Gold Stars: 5

Post by Xeilumardrox »

Whack the Goblin Knight #1 with the sharp side of my sword (if dead, use Wound on #2).
Current Fraxy Projects:
MoSF XVIII - Desire, FraxyHQ Try Project

Annoyance Points: 0/5 *RESET*

Formerly known as Vortexreaper and Scytheradrox...

This signature has been signed by the End of Infinity.

Deadliar
Excelling Fraxian
Excelling Fraxian
Epicness: getting there

Re: RtD: Goblins - Turn 3

Post by Deadliar »

Acting before Nilvectin, Al attempts to wound goblin knight #1 just right to keep it barely alive, then prevent it from going anywhere or dying (Al also explains what he is doing to allies and attempts to prevent any attacks aiming for the wounded goblin from any source if the capture is successful).
Last edited by Deadliar on Sat Jun 13, 2015 1:48 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Omega Fuck Triple

Jayeon
Excelling Fraxian
Excelling Fraxian
Epicness: Xenotype Z.

Post by Jayeon »

The angel leapt back. He watched the goblin knight's movements carefully before making his next move. As he ran in to attack, the green aura began to shine very brightly. "Now," Drakiel yelled as he swung his sword at the goblin, "You shall witness the powers of Heaven and Earth combined!"
Use Wound on Goblin Knight #2.
Welcome to Nature's Domain.

My YouTube
My Steam
Bosses

Formerly known as robloxmario2.

The Phantom
Excelling Fraxian
Excelling Fraxian

Post by The Phantom »

Attack Goblin Knight 2.
Current Status: Sleep deprived. Also, back.

SnipeHeart
Elite Fraxian
Elite Fraxian

Post by SnipeHeart »

DeadLiar wrote:Al attempts to wound goblin knight #1 just right to keep it barely alive
Action Roll: 4
You attempt to wound the Goblin, but not try to kill it.

Attack Roll: 4 v 5
But your generosity towards the goblin makes it easy for the Goblin to defend.

Flan wrote:Elemental Strike Goblin Knight #2.
-3MP

You gather the magic around you, nature itself seeming to bend to your whim. (+2 to attack roll)

Elemental Roll: 5 (Wind)
Secondary effect roll: 3 (Failure) (I use a d4 for when lightning or wind are rolled, 4 = success.)

Attack Roll: 4+2 v 3
Your blast the Goblin Knight with all of your accumulated magic, inflicting 33 damage and killing the Goblin Knight!
ShadowSpectre wrote:Attack Goblin Knight #1 (Auto-action'd)

Action Roll: 1
You charge at the Goblin Knight, but trip and fall. Seeing a weapon where you’ll land, you try to avoid it...

Roll to Dodge: 4
And you succeed! You avoid any damage, but the Goblin is too far away now to continue your attack.
Jayeon wrote:Use Wound on Goblin Knight #2.
-2MP

Action Roll: 2
You prepare to wound the Goblin Knight, but the Goblin Knight moves in a way to prevent the ability to take effect. Regardless, you attack it.

Attack Roll: 4v2
And you manage to hit the Goblin Knight for 5 damage!
VR wrote:Whack the Goblin Knight #1 with the sharp side of my sword

Action Roll: 4
You slash your sword at the Goblin Knight...

Attack Roll: 5 v 1
... and you manage to hit the Goblin Knight for 11 damage and kill it!
The Phantom wrote:Attack Goblin Knight 2.
You stand on the battlefield, all the enemies dead. Instead, you contemplate the meaning of life. Ironic to do that on a battlefield where so much life ends, as well as for a construct and not a living organism to do so, huh?

---END OF BATTLE---

Everyone receives 30 gold!
Everyone reaches level 3, and gain 11 SP to spend! (Just do the same as last time.)
No new skills are learned at this level.

---

The mayor and all the fighters return to the village to discuss the battle.

“It appears we have lost a few brave fighters...” Begins the mayor solemnly “They will be blessed and given a proper burial...”

They mayor takes a brief moment, closing his eyes and remaining silent. Everyone else does so too, honoring those who have fallen today.

“I understand some of you are injured...” The mayor states after a silence. After saying that, a golden glow begins seeping out of the ground around the mayor and stretching out to all the warriors there.

Everyone now has full HP and full MP

“Now, we don’t have much time. Something big is still coming. Go into the town and fetch whatever items you may want or need, then return to the battlefield.”

Everyone now is in the town, where various services are offered to your characters.

Blacksmith: Roll a dice to upgrade your weapon or armor for 20 Gold. The better the roll, the better the upgrade. Your weapon will always be at least slightly better. (Uses a d20)

Druid: Buy Health Salve I and/or Mana Potion I for 10 gold.
Buy a Revival Herb I for 20 Gold

Inn: A place of gossip. Hear the state of the world here, as well as potentially receive a hint for the next battle.

Battlefield: Return here to continue to the next battle.

===NOTES===
SS contacted me saying to auto-action him for a little bit, so I will
Flan needs to stop getting good rolls
The next battle begins when everyone states that their character has returned to the battlefield. Everyone has until AT LEAST Friday evening to post that, otherwise they’ll get auto-action'd. If everyone does so sooner, though, then it can begin sooner. Until then, feel free to do whatever in the town, you just cannot leave the town unless you’re going to the battlefield. Feel free to RP or whatever.

Xeilumardrox
Epicness: Contradictory
Gold Stars: 5

Re: RtD: The Whizzard, the Meaning of Life, and the Town - Turn 3.5

Post by Xeilumardrox »

Blacksmith -> Weapon.
Then go to the inn if there's still time left in order to get some information on what's coming.
Current Fraxy Projects:
MoSF XVIII - Desire, FraxyHQ Try Project

Annoyance Points: 0/5 *RESET*

Formerly known as Vortexreaper and Scytheradrox...

This signature has been signed by the End of Infinity.

SnipeHeart
Elite Fraxian
Elite Fraxian

Post by SnipeHeart »

flan wrote:Oy m8s less go to da blacksmiv n spen sum a ma bling bling. Hit me up wit dem nat 20s yo]
Roll for Staff: 13
Roll for Robe: 16

"Now this is a work of craft if I do say so myself..." Declares the blacksmith, giving you back your staff. It looks like he ducttaped a dagger to the top of it. A MAGIC dagger.
Item destroyed: Old Staff
Item Obtained: Old Bladed Staff +4 INT, +2MP, +2 STR

"And let's not forget this work of art." The blacksmith hands you back your robe. It looks like he sprinkled fairy dust on it or something

Item Destroyed: Old Robe
Item Obtained: Old Magic Robe +2 INT, +3 DEF

You then head back to the battlefield.

READY LIST:
ShadowSpectre: Ready
Flan: Ready
DeadLiar: Not Ready
Jayeon: Not Ready
The Phantom: Not Ready
VR: Not Ready

SnipeHeart
Elite Fraxian
Elite Fraxian

Post by SnipeHeart »

Xeilumardrox wrote: Blacksmith -> Weapon.
Then go to the inn if there's still time left in order to get some information on what's coming.
Weapon Roll: 15

The blacksmith takes your sword and goes into the shop. After a short amount of time, an explosion comes from inside the building and a string of curse words. The blacksmith comes out, soot caking his face and your sword.

"Y'see, there's a rare stock of dragon's blood, which is said to make any weapon as strong as those swords in the fairy tales we were all told when we were kids. It is an extremely volatile substance when it attaches to metal, such as your sword, though. Sadly, that wasn't what I was doing. I hit it with my hammer and some sparks hit my gunpowder stash."

The blacksmith gives you back your sword.

Item Destroyed: Old Sword
Item Obtained: Soot Sword +4STR, +1DEX

You then decide to head into the Inn. You see people talking aloud and celebrating after a successful defense. You look around and notice the Bartender motioning you to come towards them, to which you do.

"Hey... I noticed your group out there. Scouts returned shortly after the battle sayin' that something big is comin'. Wanna hear what they had t'say?"

Roll: 4

You nod in anticipation, and the Bartender gets a really grim expression on his face. "They say they got a troll comin' or somethin'." Suddenly, the inn gets really quiet, panicked expressions surrounding you. "An' it's a big one, too... Best get ready for one helluva fight."

READY LIST:
ShadowSpectre: Ready
Flan: Ready
DeadLiar: Not Ready
Jayeon: Not Ready
The Phantom: Not Ready
VR: Not Ready