RtD: Turn 6 - The Troll Falls

Forum-based word games, RPG games, you name it! They can be found here.
Deadliar
Excelling Fraxian
Excelling Fraxian
Epicness: getting there

Re: RtD: The Whizzard, the Meaning of Life, and the Town - Turn 3.5

Post by Deadliar »

Al spends his time entirely at the inn and asks around for enemy weaknesses. Al also tries to do some gambling if possible. (if so, forfeiting if at least 20 gold is earned, or if 15 is lost)
Omega Fuck Triple

SnipeHeart
Elite Fraxian
Elite Fraxian
Epicness: Your mom
Gold Stars: 1

Post by SnipeHeart »

Deadliar wrote:Al spends his time entirely at the inn and asks around for enemy weaknesses. Al also tries to do some gambling if possible.
The bartender shifts their attention to Al, a perplexed expression across his face. "You never heard of a troll? They're a mean bunch who stand taller than the average man. Large enough to swing a tree trunk around like a sword. You want some advice on how to defeat it? Don't get hit."

The bartender thinks for a moment, rubbing his chin.

"Well... As far as weaknesses go, they ain't the brightest bunch, and neither are they that fast, but they can still move when they gotta. Maybe that'll help?"

There doesn't appear to be a place to gamble in the inn.

READY LIST:
ShadowSpectre: Ready
Flan: Ready
DeadLiar: Not Ready
Jayeon: Not Ready
The Phantom: Not Ready
VR: Not Ready

Xeilumardrox
Epicness: Contradictory
Gold Stars: 5

Post by Xeilumardrox »

Upgrade armor via blacksmith and then go to the battlefield.
Current Fraxy Projects:
MoSF XVIII - Desire, FraxyHQ Try Project

Annoyance Points: 0/5 *RESET*

Formerly known as Vortexreaper and Scytheradrox...

This signature has been signed by the End of Infinity.

SnipeHeart
Elite Fraxian
Elite Fraxian

Post by SnipeHeart »

VR wrote:Upgrade armor via blacksmith and then go to the battlefield.
"Ah..." Says the blacksmith, "Couldn't resist my craftsmanship, could you?" Motioning towards your sword that he almost blew up, along with himself. It appears it's a miracle this person still has his life.

You hand the blacksmith your old armor and 20 gold.

Roll: 11

The blacksmith takes the armor into his shop and out of sight, grinning and laughing. Suddenly, you hear the sound of a hammer, a loud screeching sound, and an even louder curse from the blacksmith. The blacksmith steps out of the shop, presenting your old armor, except there's the blade of a sword welded onto the front of your armor in what has to be the dumbest thing you've ever seen.

"There." States the blacksmith, seemingly proud of his pathetic excuse of an upgrade. "Come back any time, yeah?"

You leave the shop, questioning exactly how qualified that person even is.

Item destroyed: Old Armor
New Item Obtained: Old Bladed Armor: +4 DEF, +1 STR

READY LIST:
VR: Ready

Jayeon
Excelling Fraxian
Excelling Fraxian
Epicness: Xenotype Z.

Post by Jayeon »

HP increased by 4. (4 SP)
MP increased by 3. (3 SP)
DEX increased by 1. (2 SP)
INT increased by 1. (2 SP)

Drakiel turned towards the inn. He wished to discuss the world in it's current state and his mission to cure it from the pestilence of Death's army. As he walked towards the door, Drakiel knew that the people there might be a bit surprised to see an angel visiting their place.
Head inside the inn and discuss the world's state along with my mission.
Last edited by Jayeon on Sat Jun 20, 2015 12:46 am, edited 1 time in total.
Welcome to Nature's Domain.

My YouTube
My Steam
Bosses

Formerly known as robloxmario2.

SnipeHeart
Elite Fraxian
Elite Fraxian

Post by SnipeHeart »

Jayeon wrote: Drakiel turned towards the inn. He wished to discuss the world in it's current state and his mission to cure it from the pestilence of Death's army. As he walked towards the door, Drakiel knew that the people there might be a bit surprised to see an angel visiting their place.
Head inside the inn and discuss the world's state along with my mission.
"An angel, eh?" Says the bartender, not particularly surprised, but nonetheless interested. "Did the Heavens send you to deal with Death's armies? Bit late, don't you think? Still, you're not to blame. It was all that blasted Necromancer's fault."

The Bartender sighs. "It's hard to say how exactly the world's goin' at a time like this. It ain't an easy life, havin' to constantly worry about bein' overrun by all sorts of monsters. Bein' in the last of the 5 Great Kingdoms, we're lucky that goblins and trolls are all we have to worry about here. The Paladins and Priests of Tonta are holdin' off Death himself from ravaging this land, as well as refugees from the other kingdoms. But other than that, I don't know much. Just what other people gossip about."

A man wearing some leather armor steps in. He's recognizable as someone who was on the battlefield earlier, helping defend the village. He has the crest of the Eastern Kingdom on his dark brown cloak, as well as a smaller version of it on the left breast of his armor. At his hip is a sword, though it is different than the one's provided by the Mayor earlier.

"I know a bit about the state of the world right now. I've recently come from the frontlines with the task of finding potential recruits. The scouts have confirmed that Death has conquered the Central Kingdom of Brackit, as well as my kingdom to the East, Aavaron. It is believed that there has also been a revolution in the Western Kingdom of Kiet and the monarchy, but with that Kingdom's rich tradition of isolation, it's hard to confirm anything. Even the scouts couldn't penetrate their borders. This isolates us from the Kingdom all the way to the North, as well as some of the smaller provinces and the island countries. I don't know how any of those places are doing..." The stranger then sighs, finishes his drink, and leaves the inn.

READY LIST:

Deadliar
Excelling Fraxian
Excelling Fraxian

Post by Deadliar »

Al stealthily follows the stranger
Omega Fuck Triple

SnipeHeart
Elite Fraxian
Elite Fraxian

Post by SnipeHeart »

Deadliar wrote:Al stealthily follows the stranger
The stranger spends some time talking to the Blacksmith, as well as civilians around the town about stuff you'd expect people to talk about, namely, the battle that was finished earlier today and the upcoming battle. After that, he returns to the battlefield.

READY LIST:

Deadliar
Excelling Fraxian
Excelling Fraxian

Post by Deadliar »

Al non-stealthily follows the stranger to the battlefield and offers him to join up with the rest of the party.

"There is strength in numbers, and I'm sure we can help each other out. Oh, and name's Al, yours?"
Omega Fuck Triple

SnipeHeart
Elite Fraxian
Elite Fraxian

Post by SnipeHeart »

Deadliar wrote:Al non-stealthily follows the stranger to the battlefield and offers him to join up with the rest of the party.

"There is strength in numbers, and I'm sure we can help each other out. Oh, and name's Al, yours?"
Roll: 5

"We're all fighting for the same reason, more or less, so I accept. I'm David, a knight from Aavaron."
David has joined the party!
(David will be controlled by me, come next battle.)
READY LIST:
DeadLiar: Ready