Dragon Hunters: Cross (MAIN THREAD: Chapter 1)

Forum-based word games, RPG games, you name it! They can be found here.
AlexMdle
Administrator
Administrator
Epicness: micro skills

Re: Dragon Hunters: Cross (MAIN THREAD: Chapter 1)

Post by AlexMdle »

Frederick waited until Eva was done, then murdered the fuckwhistle by shoving that rod down his chimney shute until it's come out the other side snapped back at the fool, decking him squarely in the dick on the nose, not with much force, but enough that it should have hurt.

"Get us rid of your stupidity.", he said.

He then walked off to to the door to join the group.

>To the cave it is. Wander softly and carry a big stick.
Now under new management.

Spriterkid
Elite Fraxian
Elite Fraxian
Epicness: There's something in there alright

Post by Spriterkid »

Ashley:
The GM tires of waiting, and automatically picks for you. You get the Wooden Bow, the Leather Helm/Hood, and the Leather Mail. You also get 2 Mini HP Potions and 2 Mini MP Potions.

Everyone:
You head towards the cave as a group, and act out some shenanigants on the way.
-

You all enter Tuatahi Cave, and in retrospect, you think it should have been called the Tuatahi Passage. A small passageway, with little some fractures letting the light shine in it. There's a sign pointing north that spells out "Inaki Town".
You start motioning north, but five Slimes block the way! Looks like you'll have to fight your way out of this one!

-- Encountered Slime*5!
-
Oh boy. One of these.

Oh, you're wondering what I am, right? Yeah, I'm a Scan Orb. Model DH-X. If you want to beat these losers, you're gonna need my help.

So, these Slimes don't do much, don't worry. Every turn, you can Attack, Defend, Use an Item, Use a Skill, or Flee. Fleeing only works half the time and only if the majority agree on fleeing. No fleeing from this battle, though.
Attack does what it says. It uses your weapon to hit them.
Defend reduces the damage taken by 50%. It should be usable. At least when the opponent prepares for a powerful attack or something.
Using items or skills is usually what you're going to do. Unless your attacks do more or you have nothing left to do.

You'd probably want to attack these wastes of space. That's just me, though.

When you select a non-allied target, you have a roll for its damage. You roll 3d8, and the result is multiplied by 10 and then 30 is subtracted from it. The result becomes the percentage of damage dealt. Damage from normal attacks is STR to CON, and damage from skills is always specified, so be sure to read.

When you kick some slime ass, I'll give out some info on them, don't worry.

--
Party:
RIP Ed Balls

[marquee="right","scroll","0","5"]buy flantasy flan[/marquee]
This signature has been signed by the End of fagets Infinity.

ShadowSpectre
Retired Staff
Retired Staff
Epicness: Mr Self Destruct
Gold Stars: One. But really pretty.

Post by ShadowSpectre »

Eva drew her shortswords and lifted them across her front before moving forwards. Gaining speed, she stepped sideways before turning, letting her momentum carry her round and slash at the first slime.

Actions:
>Attack Slime no. 2 as many times as possible with both weapons, if possible. If not, just one attack with one weapon.
Out for lunch. Return uncertain.

AlexMdle
Administrator
Administrator
Epicness: micro skills

Post by AlexMdle »

Frederick mutters some archaic Ednish curse or other. Yet as he does so, arcane powers collect and focus atop his walking stick, singing the top as they form a perfect, seamless orb of magic. Apparently the cursing serves him as an oral catalyst of sorts, a spoken component, interchangeable in both meaning and purpose for the laydown of magic spells.

Not that he expected his companions to understand. Or care.

Then with a swing of the rod, the orb burst into motion, homing onto a slime.

>Magic Missile Slime nr. 3 for now.
Now under new management.

Halico
Fraxy God
Fraxy God
Epicness: Is an idiot also genius asdfsadf

Post by Halico »

(So they really came with me)
Alright then, let's do this.
As Melodi puts her rod vertically, pointing to the sky, and some sort of magic is shining on top of her staff, preparing to attack......

Aaaaaaaaaand nothing, the magic just dissipates.
What? How could that be??
My powers were drained!?!? >_<
She starts to panic and swinging the staff quite wildly.
As she panics, she hits a slime in the process.
Whee.

[][][][]
Fraxy God
Fraxy God
Epicness: Never enough.

Post by [][][][] »

(the fuck, where was I?)

Ashley had been recollecting her thoughts for a while now...
One one hand, she's stuck with people that would be easily classified as maniacs.
On the other hand... slimes! Well, new species come fast, or they hide these from the populace.

Fire at Slime #2.
"Preparing specimen... for analysis."
Ashley smiled. This one's dead for sure, what with her and Eva piling up on it.
There was once something here,
but it's now gone.

Spriterkid
Elite Fraxian
Elite Fraxian
Epicness: There's something in there alright

Post by Spriterkid »

Turn order:
Ashley > Eva > Frederick = Melodi = Black > Slime 1 = Slime 2 = Slime 3 = Slime 4 = Slime 5
-
Ashley:
You finally come to your senses, and draw your bow to strike Slime 2.
(roll = 3,2,2; total = 7 - 40% damage) Ashley attacks! Slime 2 is stricken for 6 damage! Slime 2 looks pretty banged up.
-
Eva:
You go ahead and finish what Ashley couldn't.
(roll = 4,4,1; total = 9 + 1 - 70% damage) Eva attacks! Slime 2 is stricken for 11 damage! Slime 2 explodes in a mass of blue!
Ewww. Slime.
(speedtie winner = 1, Frederick, second place = 3 Black)
-
Frederick:
You get annoyed at your stupid teammates, and utter some magic words. A Magic Missile blasts out of your staff at Slime 3!
(roll = 4,6,7; total = 17 - 140% damage) Frederick casts Magic Missile! Slime 3 is stricken for 15 damage! Slime 3 also explodes in a mass of blue!
Well. That dealt a lot.
-
Black:
You thought of healing a Slime, but you realized no Slime was in need of healing, nor were there allies to heal. So you attack.
(target = 2 Slime 4)
(roll = 7,3,4; total = 14 - 110% damage) Black attacks! Slime 4 is stricken for 1 damage! Slime 4 is still relatively okay!
That was pathetic. But I guess that's what happens when you have 1 STR.
-
Melodi:
You try and cast a spell, but you panic and fail, so you flail around wildly, trying to hit a slime.
(target = 1 Slime 1)
(roll = 7,6,8; total = 21 - 180% damage) Melodi attacks! Slime 1 is stricken for 9 damage! Slime 1 explodes!
Ouch. For an Apprentice, you sure dealt a lot with a normal attack.
-
Slime 4:
You're pretty pissed off at the attack, so you select a victim and attack it.
(target = 5 Melodi)
(roll = 6,1,4; total = 11 - 80% damage) Slime 4 attacks! Melodi is stricken for 1 damage!
This is just sad. Slimes are sad.
-
Slime 5:
Trying to follow up on your companion, you select one of the others to attack.
(target = 3 Ashley)
(roll = 6,1,6; total = 13 - 100% damage) Slime 5 attacks! Ashley is stricken for 1 damage!
That would have been better for you if you had any STR.
-
Seems like you've done some major asskicking. Some of you, anyways. Two Slimes left. Destroy them.
--

Calester:
You arrive in a quiet village. The few folks that see you arrive welcome you quickly.

“This is the peaceful village of Maikuku. I presume you are with the others?”
You nod.

“Excellent! They've just gone to the cave, but I'm sure they'll need your help!If you need anything, please say so! I will try to get you what you need.”

You remember your weapons and armor were too flimsy from earlier skirmishes, and you asked if there were any.

“Ah! Well, these weapons aren’t much, but do follow me!”

You follow the old man to a shop. It’s a general shop, and you can see a couple of potions on shelves.

“Now, now! Don’t be shy! Feel free to take the armor and weapons you need, they are free! However, I’m sorry to say you’ll have to buy other items.”

You nod and say that’s fine. You have gold to buy such items.
--
You have 10 G to buy the following:
Mini HP Potion (2G, Potion): Heals 3 HP.
Minor HP Potion (5 G, Potion): Heals 10 HP.
Mini MP Potion: (3 G, Potion): Heals 3 MP.
Antidote (3G, Potion): Cures Poison. Also heals 3 HP outside of battle.
Smelling Salts (3 G, Potion): Cures Paralysis. Also makes lovely bath salts.
Rope (1 G, General): An all-use rope that can be used for traps and the like.
Stat + (3 G, Battle Usage): Gives +2 to the related stat until the end of the battle. Stat + come in STR, CON, MAG, RES and SPE flavours.

You can also get one (two if 1h) of following weapons, free (for now):
Rusty Shortsword (1h Sword, Warrior/Rogue) (30 G) - A rusty shortsword. It can still strike, but you're not sure how much longer it can hit. (+1 STR)
Rusty Broadsword (2h Sword, Warrior) (50 G) - A rusty broadsword. While it's not as shiny as it used to be, it hits pretty hard. (+3 STR)
Wooden Staff (2h Staff, Apprentice/Saint) (45 G) - A staff made of wood for begginers in magic. (+3 MAG)
Wooden Bow (2h Bow, Scout) (50 G) - A bow created from flimsy wood. It can still shoot some arrows. Arrows are free. (+2 STR)
-
You can also get one helm and one body armor free (shields aren't really something you can get because no one is a warrior):
Rusty Shield (1h Medium Shield, Warrior) (40 G) - A rusty shield that can still block a few hits. (+2 CON, -1 Speed Factor)
Leather Helm (Light Helm, Warrior/Rogue/Scout) (30 G) - A leathery helm that, while comfortable, doesn't do you much in terms of defense. (+1 CON)
Leather Mail (Light Body Armor, Warrior/Rogue/Scout) (60 G) - A leather mail that gives little protection, but comes in all colours. (+2 CON)
Magic Robe (Light Body Armor/Helm, Apprentice/Saint) (65 G) - A magical robe that gives out protection in both ways. (+1 CON, +1 RES, +1 MAG)

Party:
-
RIP Ed Balls

[marquee="right","scroll","0","5"]buy flantasy flan[/marquee]
This signature has been signed by the End of fagets Infinity.

ShadowSpectre
Retired Staff
Retired Staff
Epicness: Mr Self Destruct
Gold Stars: One. But really pretty.

Post by ShadowSpectre »

Looking for a quick kill, Eva attacked the slime nearest to her.

Actions:
Attack Slime 4.
Out for lunch. Return uncertain.

Halico
Fraxy God
Fraxy God
Epicness: Is an idiot also genius asdfsadf

Post by Halico »

Knowing that she's been hit(or did she?) she also hits another slime because they're headed this way.
Whee.

[][][][]
Fraxy God
Fraxy God
Epicness: Never enough.

Post by [][][][] »

Ashley does manage to soften a slime up before Eva finishes it off.
"Nice job!"

Then she got blindsided by a slime. Ow... except not really.
"Feels like someone just bumped too hard at me. Pretty common creatures, I'd say."

Shoot Slime No. 5 dead.
"Ha!"
There was once something here,
but it's now gone.