Dragon Hunters: Cross (MAIN THREAD: Chapter 1)

Forum-based word games, RPG games, you name it! They can be found here.
Spriterkid
Elite Fraxian
Elite Fraxian
Epicness: There's something in there alright

Dragon Hunters: Cross (MAIN THREAD: Chapter 1)

Post by Spriterkid »

Everyone:
You arrive in a quiet village. The few folks that see you arrive welcome you quickly.

“This is the peaceful village of Maikuku. I presume you are dragon hunters?”
You nod.

“Excellent! A group of hunters had passed by a week ago. They called themselves the “Dragon Slayers”. If you need anything, please say so! I will try to get you what you need.”

You remember your weapons and armor were too flimsy from earlier skirmishes, and you asked if there were any.

“Ah! Well, these weapons aren’t much, but do follow me!”

You follow the old man to a shop. It’s a general shop, and you can see a couple of potions on shelves.

“Now, now! Don’t be shy! Feel free to take the armor and weapons you need, they are free! However, I’m sorry to say you’ll have to buy other items.”

You nod and say that’s fine. You have gold to buy such items.
--
Everyone has 10 G to buy the following:
Mini HP Potion (2G, Potion): Heals 3 HP.
Minor HP Potion (5 G, Potion): Heals 10 HP.
Mini MP Potion: (3 G, Potion): Heals 3 MP.
Antidote (3G, Potion): Cures Poison. Also heals 3 HP outside of battle.
Smelling Salts (3 G, Potion): Cures Paralysis. Also makes lovely bath salts.
Rope (1 G, General): An all-use rope that can be used for traps and the like.
Stat + (3 G, Battle Usage): Gives +2 to the related stat until the end of the battle. Stat + come in STR, CON, MAG, RES and SPE flavours.

You can also get one (two if 1h) of following weapons, free (for now):
Rusty Shortsword (1h Sword, Warrior/Rogue) (30 G) - A rusty shortsword. It can still strike, but you're not sure how much longer it can hit. (+1 STR)
Rusty Broadsword (2h Sword, Warrior) (50 G) - A rusty broadsword. While it's not as shiny as it used to be, it hits pretty hard. (+3 STR)
Wooden Staff (2h Staff, Apprentice/Saint) (45 G) - A staff made of wood for begginers in magic. (+3 MAG)
Wooden Bow (2h Bow, Scout) (50 G) - A bow created from flimsy wood. It can still shoot some arrows. Arrows are free. (+2 STR)
-
You can also get one helm and one body armor free (shields aren't really something you can get because no one is a warrior):
Rusty Shield (1h Medium Shield, Warrior) (40 G) - A rusty shield that can still block a few hits. (+2 CON, -1 Speed Factor)
Leather Helm (Light Helm, Warrior/Rogue/Scout) (30 G) - A leathery helm that, while comfortable, doesn't do you much in terms of defense. (+1 CON)
Leather Mail (Light Body Armor, Warrior/Rogue/Scout) (60 G) - A leather mail that gives little protection, but comes in all colours. (+2 CON)
Magic Robe (Light Body Armor/Helm, Apprentice/Saint) (65 G) - A magical robe that gives out protection in both ways. (+1 CON, +1 RES, +1 MAG)

--
Party:
RIP Ed Balls

[marquee="right","scroll","0","5"]buy flantasy flan[/marquee]
This signature has been signed by the End of fagets Infinity.

ShadowSpectre
Retired Staff
Retired Staff
Epicness: Mr Self Destruct
Gold Stars: One. But really pretty.

Re: Dragon Hunters: Cross (MAIN THREAD: Chapter 1)

Post by ShadowSpectre »

Nodding her thanks to the old man, Eva picked up a slightly bulked brown leather jacket on top of a small pile of cloth-like sheets of leather. It was odd what passed as armour, these days. Slowly, she put the components of the armour together before strapping it to herself, turning her gaze to the weapons rack. Wordlessly taking a pair of rusty shortswords, the young woman tested their weight before tucking them into her belt. As she turned to leave, she catches sight of a leathery hood with a small scrap of parchment with the word "HELM" scrawled on it. A moment's hesitation later, she took it and strung it to the back of the neck of her armour.

Eva then walked towards and around the shelves of goods and took a pair of bottles to the counter, dispensing the required gold. Nodding her thanks to the elderly shopkeeper once more, she stood outside the shop, hood down to let the wind wake her up a little more, watching the rest of the marketplace.

Actions:
+Leather Armour
+Rusty Shortsword
+Rusty Shortsword
+Leather Helmet/Hood
+Minor HP Potion (-5G)
+Antidote (-3G)
Out for lunch. Return uncertain.

mmxpert
Advanced Fraxian
Advanced Fraxian
Epicness: maybe.

Post by mmxpert »

Someone is missing.

AlexMdle
Administrator
Administrator
Epicness: micro skills

Post by AlexMdle »

Frederick immediately regrets the meager funding on his person. The travel costs have been outrageous, the caravan route alone ate up half his original stock on the way here, even with no mention of the proviant or side expenses, which there have assuredly been many. With that said, thank the three deities this is a backwater haystack of a village. Two gold for a lesser healing concoction is almost too cheap to be true. Leaves behind doubts on the quality, but whatever.

Frederick gives the alchemic regalia of the shop a few more consternated looks, then turns his attention to the rest of the junk. None among the supposed 'wares' warrant a brow raise. The pointy sticks look worn, with deep rust setting in, wouldn't want to cut bread with these. The 'armor' is even more pathetic, few patches of tanned leather, probably older than him.

In the end, he ended up grabbing a walking stick and a loin overcloth for the rough weather, before chatting the shopkeep up on about the potions.

>Get Wooden Staff.
>Get Magic Robe.
>Buy 5 Mini-HP potions.
>Chat up the shopkeeper about surroundings.
Now under new management.

Halico
Fraxy God
Fraxy God
Epicness: Is an idiot also genius asdfsadf

Post by Halico »

Sure♪~
Take a Wooden Staff and Magic Robe because they're free.
And then....
hm....

Buy two Mini HP Potion, one Mini MP Potion, and a MAG +
I'm ready~
Whee.

Spriterkid
Elite Fraxian
Elite Fraxian

Post by Spriterkid »

mmxpert wrote:Someone is missing.
Unblock me in Skype and read your PMs.
RIP Ed Balls

mmxpert
Advanced Fraxian
Advanced Fraxian
Epicness: maybe.

Post by mmxpert »

i never blocked you in skype.

-_x

Alex edit: For the sake of clear structure, keep short OOC posts outta the thread. (You too, spriter.)

Spriterkid
Elite Fraxian
Elite Fraxian

Post by Spriterkid »

Eva:
You get your standard Rogue equipment, along with some potions. You then sit back and enjoy the bustling marketplace.
...or you would, if the village wasn't so small. There are a few shops of clothing and such, but not many people seem to be there now. Oh well.
-
Frederick:
You get your standard Apprentice equipment, along with some Mini HP Potions. The shopkeep thanks you for your consumer service, and you talk to him about the potions.
"Well, these are all natural. The city might make better potions, but they're all synthetic and taste horrible. Ours are made from the finest leaves."
You then ask him around the surroundings, particularly if there's any place you could cross to get to the city.
"Ah, there's a cave nearby that should take you to another village. It's been blocked by a king slime recently, but it's probably not there anymore. Doesn't mean there aren't any slimes though. Go north from here. You can't miss it."
You seem to have somewhere to go now. Thank god.
-
Melodi:
You get your standard Apprentice equipment, along with some supplies. You then wait for everyone else to get ready.
-
Black:
You get your standard Saint equipment, and grab 10 Ropes for some ungodly reason. You've definitely established yourself as the crazy one of the group. Good job.
-
Ashley:
You're still deciding. Everyone is looking at you awkwardly. You should probably do something.
--
Party:
RIP Ed Balls

Halico
Fraxy God
Fraxy God
Epicness: Is an idiot also genius asdfsadf

Post by Halico »

Blocks the incoming blow
(Phew, thankfully I know how to block with things.)
(But this is only made of wood, so I shouldn't block with it too much..)
(It'll break...)

(Now... hm.....)
I wonder if I could........

(Do something that makes the Magic Robe on her infuse with her outfit, therefore her Magic Robe disappears and her dress now has the stats...)
(And when she would unequip Magic Robe it would separate both the armor and the dress, she would gain the Magic Robe but her dress would lose the stats)
(So in layman's terms it's more or less like how the "outfit" works in things like many MMORPGs, this applies to most, if not all, of her equipments)

...And I should really be ready now..
(Knowing that there's a cave to North, maybe that would be my next destination..)
(...But should I really wait for them.......?)

If going ahead is possible:
...Alright then~ I'll be heading to the cave to the North~
Head towards the cave.
(Should I really notify them though...)
(I kinda have a bad feeling about what I just did.....)
(But I shouldn't let that distract me... I guess. *starts humming♪*)

If going ahead is not possible:
(I would start humming but.... oh whatever. *starts humming♪*)
Whee.

ShadowSpectre
Retired Staff
Retired Staff
Epicness: Mr Self Destruct
Gold Stars: One. But really pretty.

Post by ShadowSpectre »

Lost in her own thoughts, Eva was surprised by the smack against her thigh, stumbling slightly, a hand darting to one of the swords as she turned. Seeing it was only the mischievous Black, she grunted slightly. "Are we going to do this as a group? Mel seems to be wanting to wander off on her own. If we're going together, I'm game," she said before pausing momentarily. "But that fucking stick hits me again and I'm cutting it in half." She glanced at the others. "Northwards, was it?" Putting a hand on the hilt of one of her weapons, Eva put her hood up, casting her eyes in shadow. "Let's begin."

Actions:
>Propose movement towards cave as a group and take movement with group towards cave if such an action comes to pass.
>Rename Leather Helm to Leather Hood. It has the same stats but is more badass.
Last edited by ShadowSpectre on Thu May 29, 2014 8:12 am, edited 1 time in total.
Out for lunch. Return uncertain.