Untitled RtD - Power of Throwing Rocks

Forum-based word games, RPG games, you name it! They can be found here.
Xeilumardrox
Epicness: Contradictory
Gold Stars: 5

Re: Untitled RtD - What title?

Post by Xeilumardrox »

I know the updating is a bit late, but meh. Remaining player(s) that did not update should update within the next few days. And from now, I'll be trying to keep update lengths to a maximum of a week, skipping all players who did not update during the week-unless I'm too busy in RL.
Current Fraxy Projects:
MoSF XVIII - Desire, FraxyHQ Try Project

Annoyance Points: 0/5 *RESET*

Formerly known as Vortexreaper and Scytheradrox...

This signature has been signed by the End of Infinity.

Jayeon
Excelling Fraxian
Excelling Fraxian
Epicness: Xenotype Z.

Post by Jayeon »

I can't believe I'm actually attempting to join this...

In as Jayeon Mk. Kai Delta.
UPDATE: Added a balancing suggestion for the Kai Craft System, but I still think the Energy Charger needs to be balanced.
Welcome to Nature's Domain.

My YouTube
My Steam
Bosses

Formerly known as robloxmario2.

Xeilumardrox

Re: Untitled RtD - Pinball with a Tree

Post by Xeilumardrox »

Grave: You attempt to rip open the steel door.
Physical Power Roll: 13 + 1 vs 13
You rip the door right open, but it took some energy to do so (-15% energy). Ripping open the steel door reveals a long passage into the planet. By looking inside, it seems like an abandoned underground facility of some sort. The walls making up the passsage are made of steel, and you can't see much further into the passage, as it's quite dark in there.

Gustaph Groovyblade: You take 10 leaves from the tree and shove them into your inventory, nothing else to do but to carry on-unless something else you want to do like going back or doing something in this area. (Obtained: +10 Leaves of Life)

[insert name here]: You fly to the blue mask and examined it. It appears to be in the shape of a shark's face. (Recovery: +2 MP)

Out: You searched the area thoroughly, but everything seemed to be useless/destroyed. You search the corpses, but everything they carried appears to be ripped up thoroughly up. However, one thing caught your interest. Inside one of the broken furnitures, you see a number written in blood.
"1649728"
Proceed where? There are two doors you can go through, three if you include the one in came in from.

The Phantom: You attempt to enter a more spectral state.
Success Roll: 14
Spending some energy, you managed to make your body enter a more spectral state temporarily. (-20% Energy, +Status Effect: (More) Spectral Body - 3 turns || +2 defense roll to physical attacks.)
You now await for the entity to arrive from the portal, and it eventually does. A Magnizar Portal Walker enters through the portal. A being with two thin arms and a black and rough skin, and an ovular shaped head that seems to lean back a bit on its neck. The entity spots you and prepares for battle, the portal closing above both of you.
ShadowSpectre: You carefully selected a battle axe and dagger from the wall of weaponry (Obtained: Battle Axe + Dagger). You then examine the Sword Hilt and the decorations surrounding it carefully. The decorations surrrounding the hilt seems to be made of stone, and sculpted into various objects with runes and sigils engraved all over them.

D-BuG: You take a defensive state, preparing to counter attack whatever the tree throws at you.
Bonus Defense Roll: 16
You gain an extra 9 defense for your defense roll along with a highly increased counter chance for this turn only.
The Corrupt Tree uses Demon Leaves (uses up 10 MP).
Combat Roll: 15 vs 6+9 (15)
Due to your increased counter chance, you immediately dive under the storm of leaves it flinged at you and kicked the tree (inflicted 4 damage).
The Corrupted Tree gets sent flying back at high speeds. In an area like this, getting sent back at such speeds may cause you to slam into many trees.
Luck Roll (for the Corrupted Tree): 1 (Utter and auto-fail)
The Corrupted Tree has immensely horrible luck, and your kick send it flying at just the right angle for it to slam into another tree, and cause it to richochet off it into another tree and richochet to another, colliding with up to five trees (7 damage, 4 damage, 5 damage, 3 damage, 2 damage, totalling to 21 damage dealt).
The Corrupted Tree would have been dazed if it wasn't for the fact that it's immune to the status effect.
Information Obtained - Passive Ability: Hardwood - This being gets a bonus + 2 defense against physical attacks.

Jayeon: You are now known as Jayeon Mk. Kai Delta. No, you do not get to start with weapons in the game, only items that would define your physical description or be the reason why you whatever skill.

Original Skill:
Kai Energy Charger: Whenever Jayeon is near a plasma power source, his Strength is temporarily increased.

-Skills Change(s) and Suggestion(s)-
[Fixed Passive] When there's a sufficient amount of plasma present in the area, you gain a bonus to attack rolls depending on the amount of plasma present in the area.

Don't really have any other ideas for now.

Original Skill:
Kai Craft System: Jayeon can combine two different material-type items in his inventory to form new weapons. (Note: This skill will either cost 30 or 50 MP to use)

Since I was thinking of having crafting for everybody (in a certain way anyways)...

-Skill Change(s) and Suggestion(s)-
[Mastery Passive] You have a better chance of successfully and masterfully crafting an item.

[Mastery Passive] You have a chance of getting a bonus for the item when crafting an item. Through crafting many times, your mastery will raise.

[Mastery Passive] You have a chance of reducing the amount of materials required for crafting an item.

Feel free to talk with me a bit directly about these stuff to expand the suggestions a bit.

You find yourself in a the middle of a field of grassy plains, with nothing of interest around. To your far left, you see a forest, and to your far right, you see a large body of water.

White Glint: Skipped.

Jayeon
Excelling Fraxian
Excelling Fraxian
Epicness: Xenotype Z.

Post by Jayeon »

Xeilumardrox wrote:[Mastery Passive] You have a chance of reducing the amount of materials required for crafting an item.
This.
Also, changing my Inventory and balancing my first skill.

Jayeon had wished he'd installed his map system into this soul-controlled mechanical clone of himself. Now how would he be able to get home?
"Sometimes I just hate myself."

Proceed to the Forest.
Last edited by Jayeon on Sun Sep 01, 2013 11:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Welcome to Nature's Domain.

My YouTube
My Steam
Bosses

Formerly known as robloxmario2.

ShadowSpectre
Retired Staff
Retired Staff
Epicness: Mr Self Destruct
Gold Stars: One. But really pretty.

Post by ShadowSpectre »

The great Lord takes the broken blade into his possession and examines the map on the table carefully.
Out for lunch. Return uncertain.

mmxpert
Advanced Fraxian
Advanced Fraxian
Epicness: maybe.

Post by mmxpert »

Through the damaged door we go.

[][][][]
Fraxy God
Fraxy God
Epicness: Never enough.

Re: Untitled RtD - Skill Balance List etc etc

Post by [][][][] »

"Door ripped open with expended energy. Main passageway discovered, leading to the planetoid's center. Area is dim, and no other light or vision sources are available. Next course of action..."

Grave: Head down the passage. Be prepared for any unwanted hostile units.
There was once something here,
but it's now gone.

The Phantom
Excelling Fraxian
Excelling Fraxian

Re: Untitled RtD - STUFF HAPPENS, BALANCING IS TEDIOUS

Post by The Phantom »

The Phantom, lacking physical form, telekinetically lifts a number of rocks scattered around the room and launches them at the Magnizar Portal Walker.
Current Status: Sleep deprived. Also, back.

Halico
Fraxy God
Fraxy God
Epicness: Is an idiot also genius asdfsadf

Re: Untitled RtD

Post by Halico »

Take the mask, if possible.
Whee.

Xeilumardrox

Post by Xeilumardrox »

Update will come within the following weekend if nothing screws with my schedule or if I don't forget (it was already delayed with stuff happening in RL). Anybody who hasn't updated yet should do soon.
Current Fraxy Projects:
MoSF XVIII - Desire, FraxyHQ Try Project