RtD: LotMD Turn 24: Surprise!

Forum-based word games, RPG games, you name it! They can be found here.
Ex-Rumia
Elite Fraxian
Elite Fraxian
Epicness: Getting there.
Gold Stars: 0

RtD: LotMD Turn 24: Surprise!

Post by Ex-Rumia »

Welcome one and all to my short introductory topic, let me explain the madness that is within...

Imagine for a second, you signed up for an easy job with some scientist. For a large sum of cash he'd run a few tests on you. You wouldn't think much of it, right? Good money for relatively simple things. Only to be drugged and dragged off once you left the "Office".

Anyway, like most RtD's this is based on rolls of a dice. The standard 1-6 die.
The rolls are:
1: Total Failure: Usually has the intended action backfire in extreme ways
2: Failure: A failure, usually has little effect to you.
3: Partial Success: You get about half of what you wanted
4: Success: You got what you were going for.
5: Great Success: You got what you were going for, along with additional effects.
6: Overshoot: You got may have got more then you bargained for... Or needed.

I do have a few rules that you have to abide by, just to make things a bit more fair and even. Some actions will be done without a dice roll to accompany it.

Code: Select all

You'll start off with 100HP and exactly two lives. 
Extra lives will only be awarded through trials and/or battles. 
Once all your lives run out you are officially dead in the game.
You may have up to a +/- 2 to rolls.
You are allowed only 1 extra action.
You can remove the effects of overshoots temporarily.
You can regenerate up to 15HP per turn.
Most Positive Stats can only be obtained through items.
You can carry up to three of the same common item, this does not count toward the ten total.
You will find weapons/armor in the lab, there will be no summoning items. Summoning Minions can only be done through a special item.
You cannot guarantee the dice to roll on something. 
You can have up to ten items in your inventory, in order to carry something else, you'll need to throw something away.
There will be no "Cleaving Universes in half" or "Connecting to foreign powers". You'll make do on what you have being a regular human.
You may also find powerful items that let you use a form of "Magic", these are usually taken off of defeated foes. What you get and what you can do depends on the item you get. But I can assure you no one will ever have the same "Magic" item/power.

If you are interested, post a reply with an In-game name and current status.
Additions:
  • Encounter Meter: Lets you know when you're about to be attacked, You can also be forced into a battle if you roll a 1 on an action roll.
  • Battlefields: Areas affected by certain actions, can hinder or help those with certain magic/upgrades
  • Ally Command: Just as described. Allies have a chance of following or ignoring orders depending on the circumstances/personalities/status/etc
Last edited by Ex-Rumia on Tue May 22, 2012 1:30 am, edited 1 time in total.
Formerly Haku1201.
Current Fraxy Projects:
F-Gradius
Project SH

Now known as a compulsive core abuser.

DC Universe Persona Names
Hero: Marietta Durge
Villian: Voivouire

Halico
Fraxy God
Fraxy God
Epicness: Is an idiot also genius asdfsadf

Re: RtD: Lab of a Mad Doctor

Post by Halico »

I was awake
I have no idea what happened...
Who am I really...
Hmmm...
Attempt to gain power(bonus to rolls)
Whee.

Infinity's End
Elite Fraxian
Elite Fraxian
Epicness:
Gold Stars:

Post by Infinity's End »

...Where...am I?

As I awaken, I slowly open my eyes, adjusting to the light. Then, I take in my surroundings and try to determine just what the hell happened.

Did I do my status right?

Ex-Rumia
Elite Fraxian
Elite Fraxian

Post by Ex-Rumia »

Valkar: 4 wrote:I take in my surroundings and try to determine just what the hell happened.
You find yourself near the edge of a body of water. From the looks of things, you're inside a large swimming pool like area, the walls and ceiling are lined with porcelain tiles while the floor has rubber based tiles. You can't help but shiver at the moisture in the air. Directly in front of you is a long hallway leading further in. But at the moment, the blare of a speaker has caught your attention.
Fatal Error: 3 wrote:Attempt to gain power(bonus to rolls)
You focus on trying to gain power, but just as you feel something coming the sweltering heat of the area throws your concentration off something fierce. Looking around you find you're in a large circular room, with floors covered in think metal. To your left is a massive glass window, showing what looks to be the inside of a volcano. A massive machine can be seen in the distance, drawing in lava. The room has two exits, one in front of you, and one behind you. The blare of a speaker nearby draws your attention.
"Ah good, my subjects are awake." A scrambled voice comes from the speakers. "If you haven't figured it out yet, this is part of the job you signed up for. It's simple really, all you have to do is survive in these extreme conditions. While that might seem impossible at first, trust me when I say that it probably is. Find your way to the next area, if you can. I'll be keeping track of your progress, so try not to die against the hazards in your way, yes?" The speakers go silent at that, leaving you to your thoughts.

Notes: As I said before, most positive stats can only be gained through items. That includes adding to rolls. This concludes turn 1.
Formerly Haku1201.
Current Fraxy Projects:
F-Gradius
Project SH

Halico
Fraxy God
Fraxy God

Post by Halico »

Part of my job...
I don't really remember...
Time to find a way to next area
Go through the door in front
Whee.

Infinity's End
Elite Fraxian
Elite Fraxian
Epicness:
Gold Stars:

Post by Infinity's End »

A speaker? Listen.

Ex-Rumia
Elite Fraxian
Elite Fraxian

Post by Ex-Rumia »

Fatal Error: 1 wrote:Go through the door in front
The imposing metal doors part at your touch, only to reveal an elevator shaft, with no elevator.

Reaction Roll: 6

You quickly back away from the shaft, slamming your back against the side of one of the doors. But at least you didn't fall. (-5HP)
Valker: N/A wrote:Listen.
You listen for anything else to come from the speakers... after a bit of waiting, the same voice from earlier can be heard. "What's the matter, Subject? Getting cold feet already? Did you forget how to move? Or maybe you want to run back home to mommy?" Distorted laughter comes from the speaker above him. "Or perhaps you need a bit of incentive to get moving, hmm? I think I can provide that." With that, the speaker dies out. A dull metallic clanging can be heard from somewhere above you. I suggest you get going.

Notes: None. Turn 2 complete.
Formerly Haku1201.
Current Fraxy Projects:
F-Gradius
Project SH

Infinity's End
Elite Fraxian
Elite Fraxian
Epicness:
Gold Stars:

Post by Infinity's End »

The hell is going on?

Proceed down the hallway.

Halico
Fraxy God
Fraxy God

Post by Halico »

That was unexpected
Now, what does the other one does...
Go through the other door I didn't go through yet
Whee.

Ex-Rumia
Elite Fraxian
Elite Fraxian

Post by Ex-Rumia »

Valker wrote:Proceed down the hallway.
Rushing down the hallway you come to another larger pool like area, this one is taking up the entire room. The clanging from behind you has gone on ahead, presumably deeper into the area. Seeing no other way to get to the fork of land beyond the water you have a decision to make. Try and swim it, even though you can see several shapes in the water moving around, or backtrack to see if there is another way you might have missed. While thinking on that, you spot an odd gun-shaped object near the water. Picking it up, you find it is a weapon of some sorts. (Gained Pistol)
Fatal Error wrote:Go through the other door I didn't go through yet
Making your way through the door, the world seems to be in a bit of a blur as your body almost automatically reacts to a splash of lava heading your way. Unfortunately, you didn't act fast enough to complete dodge it, and the burning sensation along your right arm screams at you. (-10 HP)
Looking up at what caused the splash, you can only stare in amazement at the large worm wriggling on the heated rock you are standing on. It's at least twice your height and length, covered in an armored carapace made from hardened magma. The single mechanical eye on it's head stares at you before it releases a piercing roar.

Code: Select all

Magma Viper
HP: 130
Special: Hardened Skin: +2 to defense rolls.
Near by you, you spot a peculiar item, quickly picking it up and brandishing it, you find it's a blade of some sort. (Gained Vibro-Blade) You also see that there are slopes of rock heading up to another metallic room.
Notes: Wow Dualer did you get unlucky or what?
Formerly Haku1201.
Current Fraxy Projects:
F-Gradius
Project SH