Pandora’s Abyss: Chapter 1

Forum-based word games, RPG games, you name it! They can be found here.
Dabir
Administrator
Administrator
Gold Stars: 4

Re: Pandora’s Abyss: Chapter 1

Post by Dabir »

Sir Impressio looks at his new team, disappointment battling with the joy of being in charge for control of his face. Bossiness wins the day, and he puffs his chest out, eager to assert his authority.
"Right then!" he barks, moustache a-bristle. "Lady Guinevere, head out to resupply. See if anyone here knows anything about the monsters that might be useful. Don't feel you have to report every time one of these rural hicks calls them scary, that's to be expected from peasantry. You two, lead me to my highest-ranking subordinate, and I'll need a name" - he points at Waldemar - "from you."

AlexMdle
Administrator
Administrator
Epicness: micro skills

Post by AlexMdle »

Any sort of respect he might have had for the noble sank down like a stone in a river.

"Name's Waldemar."Waldemar wondered if the disdain came through with the tone or his expression.
Now under new management.

Ex-Rumia
Elite Fraxian
Elite Fraxian
Epicness: Getting there.
Gold Stars: 0

Post by Ex-Rumia »

"Y-Yes sir, I'll get right on it." Quickly making her way from the group with a smile, Guinevere makes her way to the town square, heading straight for the "shops".
Formerly Haku1201.
Current Fraxy Projects:
F-Gradius
Project SH

Now known as a compulsive core abuser.

DC Universe Persona Names
Hero: Marietta Durge
Villian: Voivouire

ShadowSpectre
Retired Staff
Retired Staff
Epicness: Mr Self Destruct
Gold Stars: One. But really pretty.

Post by ShadowSpectre »

Guinevere takes the street on the right to head to the town square, in the direction of the various trading places there. As she does, she notices the eerie quiet that doesn't seem anything like an orc attack. She enters the town square and notes the presence dozens of weapons lying on the ground. One nearby is a pike. There are several blades and blunt weapons around. There are no bodies.

All the shop windows are boarded up (most of them) or smashed in (only a couple, both near you), and there is a distinctly oppressive atmosphere about the place. She notes she can still hear her companions' voices, despite being a street or two away, as quiet as it is otherwise. It's as if they're the only people left in the town.

The shops nearby with broken windows appear to be fairly old ones; one is a bakery, and another a tailor's shop. Both of these seem to have been ransacked, perhaps by disloyal townspeople taking advantage of the chaos.

Otherwise, there appears to be nothing. Absolutely nothing.

Except for a single, marble white statuette in the centre of the town square.
Out for lunch. Return uncertain.

Ex-Rumia
Elite Fraxian
Elite Fraxian

Post by Ex-Rumia »

Noting the silence, the utter lack of people, the weapons lying around, and the single statue in the middle of town, Guinevere gulps. Shaking a bit as she takes another quick look at the area, keeping the statue in her sight at all times due to a small gut feeling, she does her best to gather at least four of the left behind weapons, going for the blade and pike specifically. Having gathered those, she inspects the statue more closely.
Formerly Haku1201.
Current Fraxy Projects:
F-Gradius
Project SH

ShadowSpectre
Retired Staff
Retired Staff
Epicness: Mr Self Destruct
Gold Stars: One. But really pretty.

Post by ShadowSpectre »

Guinevere retrieves a mace, two shortswords, a battleaxe, a cudgel and a pike. The pike seems very familiar. There are quite a few more weapons here, but a lot seem damaged or battle-worn already.

The statuette in the centre is about a foot tall. It is of a woman in a toga, pointing across the town square, roughly in the direction of where Sir Impressio, Waldemar and Hector are, beyond the buildings that block Guinevere's view of them. It doesn't look like it was made by anyone in the town.
Out for lunch. Return uncertain.

Ex-Rumia
Elite Fraxian
Elite Fraxian

Post by Ex-Rumia »

Guinevere looks to the direction the statue is pointing at after she finishes arranging the weapons with a fair bit of concern. "This... is an omen. Has to be..." Picking up the statue to place in her bag, she rushes back toward the others, hoping nothing has happened to them.
Formerly Haku1201.
Current Fraxy Projects:
F-Gradius
Project SH

Dabir
Administrator
Administrator
Gold Stars: 4

Post by Dabir »

Sir Impressio is getting annoyed.
"Well?" he snaps. "Is anyone going to follow my order? Who was in charge here before I arrived?"
Last edited by Dabir on Tue Sep 13, 2011 4:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.

AlexMdle
Administrator
Administrator
Epicness: micro skills

Post by AlexMdle »

"I recall the captain of the militia was giving out orders when the defense was being set up. Not sure where he is since, probably at the gates... if they still hold."
Now under new management.

SnipeHeart
Elite Fraxian
Elite Fraxian
Epicness: Your mom
Gold Stars: 1

Post by SnipeHeart »

Stats:
Hector shrugs, not having payed much attention to what went around him during the battle and not really caring about anything other than dealing with the Orcs at the time.