Altered Reality: REBOOT!

Show us graphics, music and writing that you've done, whether you're putting it in Fraxy or not.
ZarroTsu
Excelling Fraxian
Excelling Fraxian
Gold Stars: 21

Re: Altered Reality: REBOOT!

Post by ZarroTsu »

http://alterreal.tumblr.com/post/318307 ... laboration" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

PureQuestion
Epicness: 12
Gold Stars: 1

Post by PureQuestion »

Everyone having their own story doesn't mean each must be entirely secluded from the rest. ie, stories could intersect before rediverging.

This could perhaps form an interesting motivation to play the other stories - to see the other side of an event.
Leech
Parasite
Alien
Angel
Hell
Demon
Wrath
Signamente -         - Necros -         - Termos        
Omnis

This signature has been signed by the End of Infinity.

ShadowSpectre
Retired Staff
Retired Staff
Epicness: Mr Self Destruct
Gold Stars: One. But really pretty.

Post by ShadowSpectre »

ZarroTsu wrote:Oh PS. I'm balancing everyone's stats to my own scheme since the /100 is actually a farce. I'm only bringing this up now after seeing Pure's large set of 100's, since they pretty much cause him to be average when recalculated. OOPS!
fuck you den
Out for lunch. Return uncertain.

ah2190
Fraxy Beginner
Fraxy Beginner

Post by ah2190 »

Dabir, I've sorted that out.

And as for Nitronus' story, well, he is a bit of a loner, but when things get shaken up by an outside force (read: Yume's invitation for his waking self to come into her world) he jumps into action. However, he may possibly be the first to almost fully establish himself as his personification - the tail being the only thing keeping him from 'cutting the cord' and being unable to leave the Nexus. This may factor in to his part of the ending - if he finally accepts the tail as being part of his real self, he won't be able to leave, even once Yume is defeated, because there wouldn't be anything for him outside of the Nexus. But, if he contunes to resist the tail from being part of the real him, once everything's over he will have a chance to leave the Nexus.

I'm not sure if that's enough to satisfy you, Zarro, but if it isn't, then please let me know so that I can make a few tweaks to get him to fit in.

Edit: Maybe it could be some sort of gameplay mechanic which applies to Nitronus - as long as he believes that the tail doesn't belong, he would be able to leave. But, the moment he accepts the tail, he gains new powers - but on the flip side, he wouldn't be able to leave the Nexus. And it's a choice which crops up time and time again, as Yume knows that if he does accept the tail, he won't be able to leave even if he tried.

PureQuestion

Post by PureQuestion »

Edited my stats to maintain glass cannon-osity
Leech
Parasite
Alien
Angel
Hell
Demon
Wrath
Omnis

ZarroTsu
Excelling Fraxian
Excelling Fraxian

Post by ZarroTsu »

If the connection to a bloody tail is really the entire obsessive factor behind your character, then the first thing I'd do is have Caleb cut the fucker off.

PureQuestion

Post by PureQuestion »

PureQuestion wrote:Everyone having their own story doesn't mean each must be entirely secluded from the rest. ie, stories could intersect before rediverging.

This could perhaps form an interesting motivation to play the other stories - to see the other side of an event.
Nothing on this?

Anyway, how much have you actually done, game/coding/writing/whateverthefuck wise, anyway?
Leech
Parasite
Alien
Angel
Hell
Demon
Wrath
Omnis

AlexMdle
Administrator
Administrator
Epicness: micro skills

Post by AlexMdle »

He's not online atm.

Also, be more careful with your parents. We would rather have you floating at the edge of events than expunged forever.
Now under new management.

ah2190
Fraxy Beginner
Fraxy Beginner

Post by ah2190 »

ZarroTsu wrote:If the connection to a bloody tail is really the entire obsessive factor behind your character, then the first thing I'd do is have Caleb cut the fucker off.
Which would be possible, but if it was, then Yume wouldn't hesitate to do it herself, seeing as that would make things so much easier for her. Think about it - if the tail could be removed, then why would Yume, who wants the dreamers trapped forever, not do so?

The answer? Because there is only one person who could in theory remove it, and that person is dead with no hope of revival.

ZarroTsu
Excelling Fraxian
Excelling Fraxian

Post by ZarroTsu »

^ MISSINGTHEPOINT.txt
PureQuestion wrote: Nothing on this?
Would happen more and more as you beat stories, if at all. Wouldn't happen initially, since there's no real reason for everything to be innately linked if the story formats are drastically different.
Anyway, how much have you actually done, game/coding/writing/whateverthefuck wise, anyway?
I have to start over due to the shift from VX to VX ace. Even the code format's different!