Altered Reality: REBOOT!

Show us graphics, music and writing that you've done, whether you're putting it in Fraxy or not.
PureQuestion
Epicness: 12
Gold Stars: 1

Re: Altered Reality: REBOOT!

Post by PureQuestion »

Yes, I know. But how is that going, or have you yet to even start :V?

Also, if i'm parsing correctly, the stories change depending on order? Or is there a set order? The former sounds like hell to make
Leech
Parasite
Alien
Angel
Hell
Demon
Wrath
Signamente -         - Necros -         - Termos        
Omnis

This signature has been signed by the End of Infinity.

ah2190
Fraxy Beginner
Fraxy Beginner

Post by ah2190 »

ZarroTsu wrote:^ MISSINGTHEPOINT.txt
Could you explain exactly why I'm missing the point here? I thought I had it nailed down to a T.

ZarroTsu
Excelling Fraxian
Excelling Fraxian
Gold Stars: 21

Post by ZarroTsu »

Firstly, you're under the impression that Yume is an active character rather than a passive force until the story arc loses stability. That the act of another character doing something to debilitate you is a part of her idea, and not the part of the other character's idea.

Second, it's not that your explanations are bad (Although they are), it's that your character is bad. There's no substance to it from a story perspective, and it leaves me nothing to work with.

Let me compare it to Garo for a second. I genuinely would not include him in the game for similar reason as yours, if not for this partial line:
His influences with a succubus caused him to (...)
Which, while eyebrow raising, gives conflict to the character. This information, when revealed to the player, would be done in such a way as to actually... CHARACTERIZE the character. Whether the player likes or hates who they're playing as or who they're conflicting with is up to them, but the ability to convey a STORY, or EVENT is there.

All the explanations you've given me have simply lunged at the heap of reasons I'm NOT putting this character in the game. "My character is a loner" doesn't explain who they are or what they do, it avoids the explanation. "Blah blah blah Yume blah" doesn't give me a reason to use him, it tells me you don't have a character, and want me to force you into the role of Mary-Sue. 'Master of Nitrous" isn't a class, it's the inability to covey one because you want to be the edgy cool punk with a unique ability that you refuse to explain because you have no explanation. (On a side note; Squall from FF8 is an emo retard who you should immediately remove any attachment with.)

And finally, most importantly, the ownership of an organic limb is not, in itself, a reason to be included, or reason for events to occur or revolve around you. Especially when it's such that doesn't matter in the slightest whether it exists or not. I'm not giving the player the curious conflict between "Having a pointless fantasy limb" and "Not having a pointless fantasy limb". That's retarded.

Edit: Also, if you're not using Laughing Gas, and actually using a form of acid, you could at least make sure you're using the correct chemical compound.

And a furry using acidic colored vapor is another reason I'm not using him.

PureQuestion
Epicness: 12
Gold Stars: 1

Post by PureQuestion »

Rereading my story notes from the old topic (as pasted into my post in this thread), I note that I sound incredibly over-dramatic and silly. Nonetheless, much of what I say remains true. Pure-???, PureQuestion, whatever you call him, is my escape fantasy. He is my desire for power, strength, etc. That last line, a particularly great example of me just being unnecessarily verbose, is especially true: My temper is short, but my conscience is strong. If I could justify killing someone, seriously justify, I almost certainly would.

Anyway, some other points, which I've also posted into my main post:

Additional details, on myself:

I am highly introverted; I don't talk much, and honestly I'm more or less scared of people in general. I am highly non-confident in myself. This would not likely hold in the case that I became my own personal power fantasy. Beyond that, I can't say much else of detail regarding myself. I have a flare for the dramatic that would certainly bloom upon entering this world, and perhaps could be said to be responsible for a lot of what Pure ended up as.

And on Pure:

Purequestion is a god, and a powerful god, born of a young boy's overzealous imagination and power fantasies. His personality heavily mirrors my own, albeit tempered by immortality and omniscience, certain traits I unfortunately lack. PureQuestion has mastery over a number of things: Melee combat, and all weaponry that encompasses, time and the manipulation of time, and less directly, his third major role is that he's one of the gods of justice in the (highly un-fleshed out) mythology I may or may not complete. Specifically his is the domain of retribution: he is the punisher of the damned, and "warden" of the afterlife, as highly suggested by the above comments on "divine retribution." There are other gods in charge of judgement and etc.

Obviously, as has been brought up in prior discussions of previous iterations of AR, I can not reasonably be in command of Pure's full power; this would easily make me the most powerful character. I say this not to brag, but because he's designed that way, because blah blah power fantasy, as mentioned constantly above. I created him to be an unstoppable force to which nothing can compare. Any number of explanations could be used to explain the lack of this omnipotence in-game; it could simply be the nature of the dream, my own inability to tap into the power, whether due to lack of knowledge, or perhaps even lack of confidence. Yume's influence is most likely. Regardless of her passivity I doubt she's letting us run around unrestrained...

How's that for "something to work with"? :V
Leech
Parasite
Alien
Angel
Hell
Demon
Wrath
Signamente -         - Necros -         - Termos        
Omnis

This signature has been signed by the End of Infinity.

dracmeister
Elite Fraxian
Elite Fraxian
Epicness: Sakura ∞ Friendship

Post by dracmeister »

Last edited by dracmeister on Wed Sep 19, 2012 7:18 pm, edited 2 times in total.
BEARS!!! BEARS!!!

Do not use this forum under the influence of alcohol or drugs.
A safety message by SUPRISEBUTSECS

[Bosses to remember:]
Team HouHouJigoku! mostly discontinued
'Gusty Storm' Armored Train
'Twin Sisters' Railgun Core
Archie and Tommy - Lightseeker Duo

ah2190
Fraxy Beginner
Fraxy Beginner

Post by ah2190 »

ZarroTsu wrote:Firstly, you're under the impression that Yume is an active character rather than a passive force until the story arc loses stability. That the act of another character doing something to debilitate you is a part of her idea, and not the part of the other character's idea.

Second, it's not that your explanations are bad (Although they are), it's that your character is bad. There's no substance to it from a story perspective, and it leaves me nothing to work with.

Let me compare it to Garo for a second. I genuinely would not include him in the game for similar reason as yours, if not for this partial line:
His influences with a succubus caused him to (...)
Which, while eyebrow raising, gives conflict to the character. This information, when revealed to the player, would be done in such a way as to actually... CHARACTERIZE the character. Whether the player likes or hates who they're playing as or who they're conflicting with is up to them, but the ability to convey a STORY, or EVENT is there.

All the explanations you've given me have simply lunged at the heap of reasons I'm NOT putting this character in the game. "My character is a loner" doesn't explain who they are or what they do, it avoids the explanation. "Blah blah blah Yume blah" doesn't give me a reason to use him, it tells me you don't have a character, and want me to force you into the role of Mary-Sue. 'Master of Nitrous" isn't a class, it's the inability to covey one because you want to be the edgy cool punk with a unique ability that you refuse to explain because you have no explanation. (On a side note; Squall from FF8 is an emo retard who you should immediately remove any attachment with.)

And finally, most importantly, the ownership of an organic limb is not, in itself, a reason to be included, or reason for events to occur or revolve around you. Especially when it's such that doesn't matter in the slightest whether it exists or not. I'm not giving the player the curious conflict between "Having a pointless fantasy limb" and "Not having a pointless fantasy limb". That's retarded.

Edit: Also, if you're not using Laughing Gas, and actually using a form of acid, you could at least make sure you're using the correct chemical compound.

And a furry using acidic colored vapor is another reason I'm not using him.
Ok, thanks for explaining exactly why you have reservations with my character. I will try my best to explain him in such a way in which he wouldn't be so much of a Marty Sue-type character.

First, I didn't realise that Yume wouldn't have as much as an active role in things. So I was indeed missing the point there. But let me explain that this character is a personification of my online self, which is why he loses his connection to the real world easier then most - I would find it easy to step into the persona of my online self.

Second, there's a story about how he ended up with the tail. This may be the bit which most needs work on, but for the moment, he ended up with the tail after a dare which went really badly, involving a demon, a jug of booze with a touch of lava added in for good measure, and a rookie mistake made when casting a spell. The end result was one unhappy Kitsune who had lost a tail, a father who would do anything to correct said mistake, and the awakening of the power which at first he doesn't have a name for, but when the dreamer becomes him, he mis-lables it as Nitrous Energy after NOS (which, ironically, is indeed laughing gas, but used differently) and its use in cars to boost their speed. However, it is, in fact, more along the lines of mapulation of movement through space over time.

So, in short, the tail doesn't really belong to him. But, the only way for it to return back to its real owner is if the damage of the spell backfiring is repaired, which would mean either he would have to accept the fact that he is now part Kitsune, and therefore gain access to new skills, but at a price which may or may not prevent him from being able to leave the Nexus, or he would have to merge with the Kitsune who lost her tail, thereby destroying his soul in the process. This choice is only offered once by the father - if he refuses to accept his fate as being part-Kitsune, then he would have no choice but to knock him out and take him home so that he can preform the merging ritual. But if he accepts, another Kitsune would show up and accuse the father of shifting the balance in his favour - so he has a choice: "Either you let me take care of the newcomer, or I'll have to kill your presious daughter!" This eventually leads to Nitronus fighting the other Kitsune for the right to live, as the father would never want to see his daughter harmed. While the latter route leads to a tougher boss stat-wise, the new powers earned would balance the difficulty to be roughly the same as the former route. But the former route leads to the acquirement of a new set of armor for Nitronus, as well as a tender moment between him and the daughter - although he had beaten up her father, he was clearly sorry for everything that she had to go through because of him, which is enough for the spell to fix itself and for her lost tail to return, although Nitronus finds it funny that, while she has the tail back, he also still has a tail. "I guess the spell did kinda work out after all, even if it took all this time to do so!"

Also, while he prefers to be by himself, he realises that he won't get far without help, especially as the spell prevents him from using 'normal' weapons which would be helpful. But he tends to be quite shy around others.

As for the reason why he can't say his real name? That's because of a prank pulled on him by the Kitsune before things went downhill.

I hope that this has somewhat helped turning Nitronus from a really bad character into one which is somewhat better, (and easier to work with compared to how he was before) while also clearing up a few things.

AlexMdle
Administrator
Administrator
Epicness: micro skills

Post by AlexMdle »

Kitsune?

Wasn't it a wolf tail?
Now under new management.

dracmeister
Elite Fraxian
Elite Fraxian
Epicness: Sakura ∞ Friendship

Post by dracmeister »

AlexMdle wrote:Kitsune?

Wasn't it a wolf tail?
Methinks it's Wolf in general.
BEARS!!! BEARS!!!

Do not use this forum under the influence of alcohol or drugs.
A safety message by SUPRISEBUTSECS

[Bosses to remember:]
Team HouHouJigoku! mostly discontinued
'Gusty Storm' Armored Train
'Twin Sisters' Railgun Core
Archie and Tommy - Lightseeker Duo

Garoslaw
VIP Member
VIP Member
Gold Stars: 4

Post by Garoslaw »

More like Wolf/Fox with more than one tail.
:yap:

ShadowSpectre
Retired Staff
Retired Staff
Epicness: Mr Self Destruct
Gold Stars: One. But really pretty.

Post by ShadowSpectre »

ah2190 wrote:-snip-
Going to translate for the people who can't read through this guy's syntax without crying.
From Skype:
ShadowSpectre wrote:"I don't get what you're saying but here we go! :D
I don't know what to do about story but KITSUNE fuck yeah furries should cover it BUT IT'S OK I GOT THIS all he gets is the tail oh and I like Need For Speed lol nitrous oxide [NOS is the industry name for N2O, which is indeed laughing gas, but it doesn't do the whole speeding up a PERSON like ah2190 says it does] ALSO SEXYTIMES WITH THE DAUGHTER OF THE GUY I JUST KILLED because 'tender moment' means he banged her fapfap SHY BY HIMSELF because that's what I'm like brb going to breathe through my mouth"

I mean seriously it's basically daughter's boyfriend vs father

and it isn't even HER father
you're welcome
Out for lunch. Return uncertain.