Madoka Magika Fan-manga project of mine

Show us graphics, music and writing that you've done, whether you're putting it in Fraxy or not.
[][][][]
Fraxy God
Fraxy God
Epicness: Never enough.

Re: Madoka Magika Fan-manga project of mine

Post by [][][][] »

*mindsplosion*
Mind if you spoiler that, Meta?
That will help.

Also, looks like this thread's going to go nuclear asplodey on us all if Garo doesn't make his opinion
clear or if the chaos still won't let up even after Garo posts.

Okay, I'll read it.
And the first one too. Please break it up into multiple spoilers to avoid OH GAH Wall hidden in the spoiler Syndrome. Same goes for the second one.
Gah, give up. The wall still compels me to run away. It's like it's been enchanted with Fear3 or something.
There was once something here,
but it's now gone.

Armored Entity
Advanced Fraxian
Advanced Fraxian
Epicness: Not exactly sure, but perhaps pretty epic.

Post by Armored Entity »

[][][][] wrote:*mindsplosion*
Mind if you spoiler that, Meta?
That will help.
Just did. I also split it into differenr spoilers for each character. Hopefully this will help when you read the character bios.

Sorry I didn't so that before. I just couldn't shorten the character descriptions anymore without describing them completely.

And thanks for that too.
Garoslaw wrote:I'm going to read this, and then write a short review
Thanks for doing so. I appreciate that you'd take the time to check it out and maybe lend a hand.

However, that's not why I posted those character bios. I just posted them so that Alexmdle would better understand the characters, and since he wasn't listening to all I had to say about them and wouldn't let me finish. Oh well.

Also you can make it a long review if you want. Unlike some of you here, I actually don't mind walls of text. I'll read it all if you write a really long one, Garo.
I would like to ask a favor from for anyone who is my friend here.
If someday we meet in person in the near future, and I had recently done anything that would confirm that I had become a Brony (which as of now I am not one), such as if I had posted on a Pony-related fan-site, drawn a Pony-themed artwork, contributed to a Pony fanfic, or anything else along those lines. If I have done anything like that, I want you to punch me in the face without warning. This make sound like I'm joking, but I am absolutely serious about this. Ignore any future statements retracting this if I ever make any. Though if you do, please first confirm that it is me who is doing it, and not some Brony who is posing as me and wants to see me get punched. I do not wish to go down the path of the Bronies, and hopefully those of you reading this will help me so that it stays that way, if god forbid I ever even attempt it.
Thank you.

ShadowSpectre
Retired Staff
Retired Staff
Epicness: Mr Self Destruct
Gold Stars: One. But really pretty.

Post by ShadowSpectre »

Well, well, well. I'm rather impressed, actually. Better than Meta's usual shit.

A disclaimer, there, I've got no prerequisite knowledge of the thing this is based on, so maybe there are general tones that Meta's missed out much of the symbolism there, but I think that so far, he's planned it well. I somehow don't think there's any merit in setting it out like this, mind, it's all about the execution and making sure there's no seams in something like this. Make sure you pay close attention to the setting and the undertones and themes. Defer to Alex, he has a fairly comprehensive understanding of the themes involved.
Out for lunch. Return uncertain.

Garoslaw
VIP Member
VIP Member
Gold Stars: 4

Post by Garoslaw »

Well, Shadow practically covered it up, Sorry that you had to go through that, Shadow.

Do you still want my personal view of it though?
:yap:

[][][][]
Fraxy God
Fraxy God
Epicness: Never enough.

Post by [][][][] »

Grief Seeds.
They're... seeds.
Of grief. [Well, that's obvious.]
Only comes out of a Witch upon defeat.
Kyubey [that animal thing] eats them.
Aside from that I know not of its purpose, or its effect upon humans or magical girls.

And, well. That's better to read, then. Thanks, Meta. Also thanks to ShadowSpectre for giving such well-detailed and neutral criticism. Wish more people are like you... [looks at the others] ... and I wish I am like you. In this particular aspect, that is.
There was once something here,
but it's now gone.

Armored Entity
Advanced Fraxian
Advanced Fraxian

Post by Armored Entity »

Wow, glad to see ShadowSpectre is interested in this, for once.

Currently I'm looking for someone who is good at drawing the backgrounds, and who is good at drawing things in the abstract-y surrealistic manner that the Evil Witches in Madoka Magika are drawn in. I am not good in those areas when it comes to artwork, but I can do the rest, like the normal characters. As you've seen, I am good in the normal-anime styled characters. Backgrounds and those abstract-y designs I don't do well with though.

Also maybe someone can help who can use a medium-quality 3D animation program, like 3DMax or something, might be helpful. I don't own any 3D Software currently. That's the art style that Kolour The Puppet Witch is drawn in, as well as her minions and barrier, and I figured I'd do the scenes with her by using screenshots of her in 3D Max, then use Fireworks effects to add in the other characters who are not in that style.

Garoslaw wrote:Well, Shadow practically covered it up, Sorry that you had to go through that, Shadow.

Do you still want my personal view of it though?
Sure, but could you maybe tell me your opinions on the individual fan-characters? Also if you read what I have for the plot, can you tell me about that too? That would be helpful.

[][][][] wrote:Grief Seeds.
They're... seeds.
Of grief. [Well, that's obvious.]
Only comes out of a Witch upon defeat.
Kyubey [that animal thing] eats them.
Aside from that I know not of its purpose, or its effect upon humans or magical girls.

And, well. That's better to read, then. Thanks, Meta. Also thanks to ShadowSpectre for giving such well-detailed and neutral criticism. Wish more people are like you... [looks at the others] ... and I wish I am like you. In this particular aspect, that is.
Glad to see you're interested too, although you might not understand this Manga Project if you don't know much about Maho Shoujo Madoka Magika.
If someday we meet in person in the near future, and I had recently done anything that would confirm that I had become a Brony (which as of now I am not one), such as if I had posted on a Pony-related fan-site, drawn a Pony-themed artwork, contributed to a Pony fanfic, or anything else along those lines. If I have done anything like that, I want you to punch me in the face without warning. This make sound like I'm joking, but I am absolutely serious about this. Ignore any future statements retracting this if I ever make any. Though if you do, please first confirm that it is me who is doing it, and not some Brony who is posing as me and wants to see me get punched. I do not wish to go down the path of the Bronies, and hopefully those of you reading this will help me so that it stays that way, if god forbid I ever even attempt it.
Thank you.

ShadowSpectre
Retired Staff
Retired Staff
Epicness: Mr Self Destruct
Gold Stars: One. But really pretty.

Post by ShadowSpectre »

I'm not interested in the anime. You've misunderstood my interest in various concepts introduced in the lore and failed to answer any of the questions I've posed, and you're also lacking the depth of understanding to make this fanfic anything other than foe fiction.

Also, you're better at normal anime styles than you were, but that doesn't mean you're good. Practise, practise, practise.
Out for lunch. Return uncertain.

Armored Entity
Advanced Fraxian
Advanced Fraxian

Post by Armored Entity »

ShadowSpectre wrote:I'm not interested in the anime. You've misunderstood my interest in various concepts introduced in the lore and failed to answer any of the questions I've posed, and you're also lacking the depth of understanding to make this fanfic anything other than foe fiction.

Also, you're better at normal anime styles than you were, but that doesn't mean you're good. Practise, practise, practise.
You misspelled practice.

Also I do understand you aren't into Madoka Magika, but I guess you like the idea behind this fan-series, am I right? Also what exactly do you mean by "concepts and lore?"

Also I did talk about it with Alexmdle. I was surprised, but he actually doesn't like the idea of this. Well I have gotten a few supporters though, and I am working on it myself too, slowly but steadily.
Thank you.

Aquamancia
Advanced Fraxian
Advanced Fraxian
Epicness: *hands out Epic Jar* Pay up.
Gold Stars: 42

Post by Aquamancia »

Armored Entity wrote:You misspelled practice.
[offtopic]He used the British spelling of the word, which is still grammatically correct.
Just pointing it out.[/offtopic]
Fraxy Creations and Mirrors
Creations Thread
Twitter

Just as Japlanned.

i was such a jerk on here

Armored Entity
Advanced Fraxian
Advanced Fraxian

Post by Armored Entity »

Aquamancia wrote:He used the British spelling of the word, which is still grammatically correct.
Oh, didn't know that's how it is spelled in British. Thanks for correcting my statement of correction.
Thank you.