Yin Yang Anime

Show us graphics, music and writing that you've done, whether you're putting it in Fraxy or not.
JameyoftheMegacosmos
Fraxy Addict
Fraxy Addict
Epicness: Games redefine it

Re: Yin Yang Anime

Post by JameyoftheMegacosmos »

I think I finally got a good cast of the major protagonists so far. There actually five main characters as of now, three female and two male. Hope that they look good so far. Just more concerned on the names.

Daisuke Hideo – The main protagonist of the anime/manga. He is a college student who lives in a room isolated by his roommates until he finds out they are a group of Yangs. After killing a powerful Yin, a power vacuum occurred resulting in him becoming the Yin of Undeath. Though some of the group members were angry by his discovery, their leader, Sumiko, accepts his request to join them. He constantly focuses on his relations with the group, helping them in their struggles, and controlling his power, hoping to shift into a Yang like the rest of the group. His main powers are necromancy, using spirits to increase his power and animating dead bodies to use against enemy Yins. When another power vacuum shifts him into a Yang, he also gains powers of resurrection, often bringing back fallen comrades in battle (which he often does before a power vacuum occurs).

Sumiko Masa – The Yang of Seriousness and recognized as the leader of the group due to how she takes things seriously when needed. She becomes frustrated when Daisuke learned of their activities, but becomes more concerned him to avoid him from becoming a hostile Yin. When she does take things seriously, she gets enhanced physical and mental abilities, including increased strength, speed, mental toughness, and flexibility.

Lilith Ostara - The Yang of Wicca and the only non-Japanese one of the group. Though not the leader, she is the most powerful one. She has a calm, mature personality. Her main abilities are in relation to Wicca, using powers of fire, water, earth, air, and spirit. She can also create circles and create spells and charms to heal and benefit her allies. Her main responsibilities are medical treatment and sealing defeated Yins.

Aya Ryoko – The Yang of Robotics and the smartest of the group. She is naturally intelligent and has a great interest in robotics and engineering. She and Daisuke are often classmates and is the only one who actually talked him. Though this relationship became partially strained when Daisuke became a Yin, they eventually got better and formed a mutual trust. She always takes the logical ways through battles and problems. Her main abilities are to create robots out scrap metal, using the designs she makes. These help the group a lot from providing support to searching for enemies and traps.

Isamu Takeshi – The Yang of Delinquency and the toughest of the group. He had a rough and poor childhood until he was found by and joined the main group. He and Daisuke have the roughest relationship and often fight. As the story progress, their fighting (especially physical) is used more for sparring to improve their skills. He has abnormal strength and very good at close combat, but is still short of Sumiko.

Armored Entity
Advanced Fraxian
Advanced Fraxian
Epicness: Not exactly sure, but perhaps pretty epic.

Post by Armored Entity »

Ex-Rumia wrote:Kinda looks like One Piece in a nutshell. Just saying.
I disagree.
One Piece in a nutshell is more like Pirates Of The Caribbean, but with cursed fruits that give people super powers. At least to me it is.
I would like to ask a favor from for anyone who is my friend here.
If someday we meet in person in the near future, and I had recently done anything that would confirm that I had become a Brony (which as of now I am not one), such as if I had posted on a Pony-related fan-site, drawn a Pony-themed artwork, contributed to a Pony fanfic, or anything else along those lines. If I have done anything like that, I want you to punch me in the face without warning. This make sound like I'm joking, but I am absolutely serious about this. Ignore any future statements retracting this if I ever make any. Though if you do, please first confirm that it is me who is doing it, and not some Brony who is posing as me and wants to see me get punched. I do not wish to go down the path of the Bronies, and hopefully those of you reading this will help me so that it stays that way, if god forbid I ever even attempt it.
Thank you.

AlexMdle
Administrator
Administrator
Epicness: micro skills

Post by AlexMdle »

Armored Entity wrote:
I disagree.
One Piece in a nutshell is more like Pirates Of The Caribbean, but with cursed fruits that give people super powers. At least to me it is.
Those two are completelly different things in almost every single aspect possible, except that they both have pirates in them o_o
Now under new management.

PureQuestion
Epicness: 12
Gold Stars: 1

Post by PureQuestion »

AlexMdle wrote:
Armored Entity wrote:
I disagree.
Those two are completelly different things in almost every single aspect possible, except that they both have pirates in them o_o
And at least in the first one the goal is a huge pile of treasure. Which might be enough, I guess?

I can't believe I'm defending MM on something like this.
Leech
Parasite
Alien
Angel
Hell
Demon
Wrath
Signamente -         - Necros -         - Termos        
Omnis

This signature has been signed by the End of Infinity.

AlexMdle
Administrator
Administrator
Epicness: micro skills

Post by AlexMdle »

Then again, point me at anything remotely pirate-ish in One Piece.

It's the same problem as in Reborn, which apparently thinks that the job of a Mafia Don is to fly, shoot bolts of fire and save the world.
Now under new management.

Armored Entity
Advanced Fraxian
Advanced Fraxian

Post by Armored Entity »

PureQuestion wrote:
AlexMdle wrote:
Armored Entity wrote:
I disagree.
And at least in the first one the goal is a huge pile of treasure. Which might be enough, I guess?

I can't believe I'm defending MM on something like this.
Also I find it similar due to the fact that in both, the Protagonist gains a somewhat awkward crew, they go through some similar environments and foes, and the treasure isn't just some giant box filled with gold, but something different. That's some of my main reasons why.

And thanks for the help PQ.

But then again, this is also coming from the guy here who thinks that Strike Witches is a whole lot like Dodonpachi, for various reasons. Oh well.
If someday we meet in person in the near future, and I had recently done anything that would confirm that I had become a Brony (which as of now I am not one), such as if I had posted on a Pony-related fan-site, drawn a Pony-themed artwork, contributed to a Pony fanfic, or anything else along those lines. If I have done anything like that, I want you to punch me in the face without warning. This make sound like I'm joking, but I am absolutely serious about this. Ignore any future statements retracting this if I ever make any. Though if you do, please first confirm that it is me who is doing it, and not some Brony who is posing as me and wants to see me get punched. I do not wish to go down the path of the Bronies, and hopefully those of you reading this will help me so that it stays that way, if god forbid I ever even attempt it.
Thank you.

Ex-Rumia
Elite Fraxian
Elite Fraxian
Epicness: Getting there.
Gold Stars: 0

Post by Ex-Rumia »

What I meant by the one piece comment, wasn't about the plot or setting, it's the powers. The cursed fruit and the yin and yang stuff.
Formerly Haku1201.
Current Fraxy Projects:
F-Gradius
Project SH

Now known as a compulsive core abuser.

DC Universe Persona Names
Hero: Marietta Durge
Villian: Voivouire

Armored Entity
Advanced Fraxian
Advanced Fraxian

Post by Armored Entity »

Okay well thanks for clarifying that Rumia.

Now back on topic.
Jamey, is there anything else you wanna tell us about this anime?
Thank you.

JameyoftheMegacosmos
Fraxy Addict
Fraxy Addict
Epicness: Games redefine it

Post by JameyoftheMegacosmos »

Armored Entity wrote:Okay well thanks for clarifying that Rumia.

Now back on topic.
Jamey, is there anything else you wanna tell us about this anime?
I would like to actually.

So far, there be many struggles that each of the majors characters face.

Daisuke- As said, he struggles to find a way to shift from being a Yin to Yang. Though he does kill more Yins than he seals them, he keeps putting faith in himself that he is not a bad guy. He does face some challengers though, such as the current Yang of Undeath.

Sumiko- Her struggles are keeping the group together and keeping them out of the way of people that would hunt them down. She would have to face rival Yang and Yin groups as well as organizations and governments who have caught attention of the group's activities.

Lilith- Long ago, she once defeated the Yin of Wicca, Lilit Mabon, and sealed her. She hopes to keep many of the imprisoned Yins from being released by those not yet captured. She also faces threats from Yins of other faiths and to keep them all from destroying each other and the faiths they represent, she tries to look for allies within their Yang counterparts.

Aya- She doesn't have many issues, but does run into a few Yins that she deals with personally. Aside from this, she mainly focuses on her relationship with Daisuke.

Isamu- Due to being recognized publicly as a delinquent, he has many enemies, whether they are Yins, Yangs, or neither. Though it looks like he has his hands full on facing such enemies, he also tries to help others who are rebellious as he is. Several major enemies he faces are rival gangs, including one lead by his Yin counterpart, and several adults such his own abusive father (who is the Yin of Parenthood), several strict high-ranking school staff (a few being the Yin of Discipline, Adherence, and Tradition), and other parents (one common one being the Yin of Legacy).

There isn't really much of a main antagonist at first, but he does come up later. He is the Yin of Hybridization, having the power to combine objects and creatures. He tries several plots to cause despair and though they are foiled, he uses them as a set up to lure more Yins so he could couple them together to create the Universal Yin, the most powerful one that represents all the characteristics of Yin (feminine, earth, negative, darkness, etc.)

There would be a little medieval or dark sorcery settings, but it will have mostly urban ones.

Garoslaw
VIP Member
VIP Member
Gold Stars: 4

Post by Garoslaw »

Garoslaw wrote:I guess this is nice? I didn't actually seen you draw any humans, btw.
:yap: