Megacosmos

Show us graphics, music and writing that you've done, whether you're putting it in Fraxy or not.
Garoslaw
VIP Member
VIP Member
Gold Stars: 4

Re: Megacosmos

Post by Garoslaw »

Your Witch Nexus Boss theme.
:yap:

JameyoftheMegacosmos
Fraxy Addict
Fraxy Addict
Epicness: Games redefine it

Post by JameyoftheMegacosmos »

Finally got a recorded run for HN Leila (Lydia) substage. About time, too. It's quite laggy in the first few seconds, but the rest is fine. May need to balance out the powerups because I think they're becoming too powerful at their maximum level.

Dabir
Administrator
Administrator
Gold Stars: 4

Post by Dabir »

You seem to have created a reverse-bullet-hell game, where the sheer amounts of spam coming from the player make it impossible for the enemies to survive. Also, make those red diamonds in the background darker and the enemies more visible, right now it's a clusterfuck. Touhou's a clusterfuck too, but at least you can tell what's not a bullet.

JameyoftheMegacosmos
Fraxy Addict
Fraxy Addict

Dabir wrote:You seem to have created a reverse-bullet-hell game, where the sheer amounts of spam coming from the player make it impossible for the enemies to survive. Also, make those red diamonds in the background darker and the enemies more visible, right now it's a clusterfuck. Touhou's a clusterfuck too, but at least you can tell what's not a bullet.
Yeah, that's the problem I currently have. Just noticed it recently. I'll have that fixed as soon as I can.

JameyoftheMegacosmos
Fraxy Addict
Fraxy Addict

Here's a new and improved version of the HN Leila (Lydia) stage. This should have some new improvements such as more visible bullets, "nerfed" shots, and less lag.

AlexMdle
Administrator
Administrator
Epicness: micro skills

Post by AlexMdle »

Jamey, seriously, ask somebody to draw graphics for the game. Ask me if want to. Just dont leave it like this.
Now under new management.

JameyoftheMegacosmos
Fraxy Addict
Fraxy Addict

AlexMdle wrote:Jamey, seriously, ask somebody to draw graphics for the game. Ask me if want to. Just dont leave it like this.
I appreciate the help, though I am actually aware of it and worked on it a few times myself. What needs fixing? Background? Bullets? The ships?

AlexMdle
Administrator
Administrator
Epicness: micro skills

Post by AlexMdle »

The interface, the objects, the color pallet. Everything, really. It's not that the graphics are unbearable, they just looks so bare-bones. It seriously distracts from what is otherwise decent gameplay.
Now under new management.

JameyoftheMegacosmos
Fraxy Addict
Fraxy Addict

AlexMdle wrote:The interface, the objects, the color pallet. Everything, really. It's not that the graphics are unbearable, they just looks so bare-bones. It seriously distracts from what is otherwise decent gameplay.
I see now. Once more, I do appreciate that you can help me. What I made for that was just something that I could start with when building the game. I knew that one day, I should consider adding more detail and graphics into it.

If you do help me, what do you want to start with? And when do you expect to finish it?

JameyoftheMegacosmos
Fraxy Addict
Fraxy Addict

Just for a notification, I will be leaving for China and won't be able to work on my game until 10 months from now. Still should be fun though, hopefully I can still get on here.

Until then, feel free to do some of the game for me while I'm absent (sprites, sounds, backgrounds, interface, etc.) I'll definitely credit you for it.