ALTERED REALITY - Story Discussion

Show us graphics, music and writing that you've done, whether you're putting it in Fraxy or not.
ZarroTsu
Excelling Fraxian
Excelling Fraxian
Gold Stars: 21

ALTERED REALITY - Story Discussion

Post by ZarroTsu »

So let's try this again.

This is a topic for discussing the story structure of the RPG-in-design. For the general system discussions, go HERE. For Character discussions, go HERE. For enemy discussions, go HERE.

ALTERED REALITY, FLOOPYWOOPYHOOHAWHEY!!

You totally thought I totally deleted it, because I totally didn't lie. But it turns out I did lie, thrice-fold, like a triple facepalm combo of self-loathing. AR STILL EXISTS! And it's just as shitty as it was when I left it.

So let's talk story. We've already established the idea behind the world, but we need to actually storyboard this sort of thing. Anything that comes to mind, feel free to add in a specific location below. Anything with a {?} to the left of it is subject to change if a better idea is presented. Anything with a [!] to the left signifies a party member joining.

========
========

If you can think of where your character fits, or any sort of side-quests that could be shoved in somewhere, feel free to suggest it.

MintE
Excelling Fraxian
Excelling Fraxian
Epicness: Walrus
Gold Stars: Walrus

Re: ALTERED REALITY - Story Discussion

Post by MintE »

The storyboard is looking good. Has a very typical RPG story structured feel to it, but that isn't a bad thing.
I especially love the choice thing between Caleb and Kai. That is nice. Adds replayability.

You should use that choice thing (not necessarily always for party members) as much as possible.

Also, I have a question, is the entire INTRO section actually an intro? And if it is what do you mean by IRC Bullshit? Well mainly is the IRC you mentioned the chat?
Who am I kidding!? I'm a terrible person

Firefox11
Excelling Fraxian
Excelling Fraxian
Epicness: Lacks epicness.

Post by Firefox11 »

I assume Zarro just didn't want to post everything, since some of us saw what it was in the 'other' version of the game.

IRC bullshit is the intro, where all the characters are logged in a IRC channel chatting. Eventually, Zarro decides to go to bed, and wakes up in an altered reality (hence the name).

And yes, the intro is a intro. Pretty much is (was) an IRC conversation til he wakes up in the other reality, which is when the first scripted battle starts.

MintE
Excelling Fraxian
Excelling Fraxian
Epicness: Walrus
Gold Stars: Walrus

Post by MintE »

Will it have action cutscenes of people typing on key boards and the like?
Who am I kidding!? I'm a terrible person

ZarroTsu
Excelling Fraxian
Excelling Fraxian

Post by ZarroTsu »

MintE wrote:action cutscenes of people typing on key boards
Pffffthahaha

(we'll see)

TheBlueEcho
VIP Member
VIP Member
Epicness: So Epic
Gold Stars: 1

Post by TheBlueEcho »

AlexMdle
Administrator
Administrator
Epicness: micro skills

Post by AlexMdle »

@TBO

Reminded me of a similar thing I wanted to ask Zarro.

Basically I remember he wanted to make some chars being for/against breaking the dream world.
He could make the rejected chars the prior :V
Now under new management.

ZarroTsu
Excelling Fraxian
Excelling Fraxian

Post by ZarroTsu »

Well, yes, that's something that should be added to the character topic.

Dependent entirely on the real-life outlook of the person presenting the character, they may very well refuse to return to their previous life, even with the opportunity open to them entirely. To some, this would insult them to the point of retaliation against Zarro/Me & Co. bopping around trying to find a way out with no reason. To others, they'd jump at the chance to escape without so much as the bat of an eye.

If it were straight-up "everyone joins as soon as you find them", that would be rather boring. I want it presented in such a way that the characters are much more realistically portrayed and 'alive' (technically, them being you guys, they are), rather than just some shmucks in a game.

As I said in the topic from a year(?) ago, there are a few catches to this presented fantasy realm.

(1) The longer we spend, the more of our past life we forget. This comes as a frustrating, self-loathing curse to some, and a welcome blessing to others.

(2) If one person manages to leave, everyone else is forced out of the world as well.

Those that wish to stay will have the overwhelming, yet accepted urge to dispose of anyone who wants to leave the world. Depending on by how much can affect how they retaliate in this fashion. (Although it depends. I would fathom some more passive people insisting that they want to stay, while still joining the party.)

PureQuestion
Epicness: 12
Gold Stars: 1

Post by PureQuestion »

Leech
Parasite
Alien
Angel
Hell
Demon
Wrath
Signamente -         - Necros -         - Termos        
Omnis

This signature has been signed by the End of Infinity.

Ex-Rumia
Elite Fraxian
Elite Fraxian
Epicness: Getting there.
Gold Stars: 0

Post by Ex-Rumia »

If we need those against/for the dream world, wouldn't it make sense to use the previous characters we had made, along with the new/returning ones? That would cut down on effort needed as well.
Formerly Haku1201.
Current Fraxy Projects:
F-Gradius
Project SH

Now known as a compulsive core abuser.

DC Universe Persona Names
Hero: Marietta Durge
Villian: Voivouire