ALTERED REALITY - Story Discussion

Show us graphics, music and writing that you've done, whether you're putting it in Fraxy or not.
PureQuestion
Epicness: 12
Gold Stars: 1

Re: ALTERED REALITY - Story Discussion

Post by PureQuestion »

The characters you made before didn't go anywhere. If you wanted, you could just make them again using the new template, at which point Zarro would edit them to match it.
Leech
Parasite
Alien
Angel
Hell
Demon
Wrath
Signamente -         - Necros -         - Termos        
Omnis

This signature has been signed by the End of Infinity.

ShadowSpectre
Retired Staff
Retired Staff
Epicness: Mr Self Destruct
Gold Stars: One. But really pretty.

Post by ShadowSpectre »

What's the scope for multiple storylines? So, for example, a character might start off wanting to stay, but depending on how the main party does elsewhere, they could be swayed? This differs from the choices thing, as in, if you have done something to reduce the reason for a character staying in the dream world, they're more likely to join, kind of thing. I know this is a really simple question, but it doesn't seem to have been answered so far, only implied.
Out for lunch. Return uncertain.

ZarroTsu
Excelling Fraxian
Excelling Fraxian
Gold Stars: 21

Post by ZarroTsu »

ShadowSpectre wrote:What's the scope for multiple storylines? So, for example, a character might start off wanting to stay, but depending on how the main party does elsewhere, they could be swayed? This differs from the choices thing, as in, if you have done something to reduce the reason for a character staying in the dream world, they're more likely to join, kind of thing. I know this is a really simple question, but it doesn't seem to have been answered so far, only implied.
It's sort of finicky. The implications of my last post are that in which the NPCs are literally NPCs. Sort of more in an Angel Beats way, however. They go about their lives, blissfully unaware of the occurrences outside their central location. They probably trade and gossip outside of our interaction, but the likelihood of them ever getting ambushed by monsters is entirely void, so the most that would happen is personA from townA shows up in townB sometimes. They won't gossip about the player-characters unless the PC subconsciously WANTS it, as a way of being involved in the world. To become notorious in some locations, and a legend in others. And, if they don't, then the NPCs easily forget about their existence until their next encounter.

Player-characters outside of the party can very well wreck havoc and chaos anywhere they want as well, potentially wiping entire cities off the map, and then becoming notorious for it the next day (under an alias), survivors or not. And those traveler-NPCs can very well be caught up by a PC-wanderer between towns as well.

It's like a real world... when the events are major. If you slayed a dragon, you'd be congratulated by a king, and only that kingdom would ever remember your name. If you saved a kitten for an old lady, she'd remember your face... ...when you next spoke with her.

Deterring other PCs from staying in the world is tricky in that the scale of locations is more 'global' than 'city-to-city'. If you wanted a specific PC to leave the world, you could do it... but hunting them down would be a bitch, and setting all the events juuuust right is exceptionally unlikely, since this isn't something like swapping out test answers in school. If they get a bad rep in one location they built up, they only need to sail oversea to restart it, since time is pretty infinite. But anything you try to do to deter PCs from the world likely won't go as planned, as the NPCs aren't going to notice or care, unless you killed a man incognito to get the PC arrested.

And really, I doubt many of our characters would be stuck in a medieval jail for long before we find a way out.

ZarroTsu
Excelling Fraxian
Excelling Fraxian

Post by ZarroTsu »

So, something lingering in my mind per sake of some originality in story telling:

I'm pondering the idea that, even if your party dies early on, the story would continue, and merely shift to the next member in the not-yet-obtained lineup.

This would do well to create a shitton of replay value in being able to change the end scenario entirely, depending on who the lead member is set to be. While the primary ending is obviously only available if all members are obtained, variances of the same ending would be available within the boundary of the first ~4 people. After that, the scenario would lead to a much different end-boss result, and whether or not things wrap up on a high note, or 'You succeeded in killing everyone on the planet'.

I'll work on a generalized order of character finds for now, and make a new post when I decide upon it.

ZarroTsu
Excelling Fraxian
Excelling Fraxian

Post by ZarroTsu »

Something else comes to mind as a simple-yet-genius idea.

ZarroTsu
Excelling Fraxian
Excelling Fraxian

Post by ZarroTsu »

LOL QUADRUPLE POST.

Code: Select all

.1. Zarro
.2. Daniruu
.3. Jamian
.4. Kai
.5. Caleb
.6. Caroline
.7. Noel
.8. Shades
.9. Barbarol
10. Mika
11. Ethan
12. Pure
13. Valkar
14. Arsigil
15. Charlotte
16. Rex
Last edited by ZarroTsu on Sat Sep 24, 2011 6:39 am, edited 2 times in total.

Ex-Rumia
Elite Fraxian
Elite Fraxian
Epicness: Getting there.
Gold Stars: 0

Post by Ex-Rumia »

I had an idea for the first encounter with Noel...
Formerly Haku1201.
Current Fraxy Projects:
F-Gradius
Project SH

Now known as a compulsive core abuser.

DC Universe Persona Names
Hero: Marietta Durge
Villian: Voivouire