ALTERED REALITY - Character Discussion

Show us graphics, music and writing that you've done, whether you're putting it in Fraxy or not.
ZarroTsu
Excelling Fraxian
Excelling Fraxian
Gold Stars: 21

Re: ALTERED REALITY - Character Discussion

Post by ZarroTsu »

To clarify for the slack-jaws of the crowd (like MintE):

I am not looking for character IDEAS, I am looking for CHARACTERS. And in this forum, with overzealous twits like IE and Hyphen, this was pretty easy to come by back when I had originally theorized AR's concept.

Really, the posted character is to be a general idea that's SUPPOSE to be (sort of) overpowered on the natural scale of general roleplay. However, there has to be an actual idea behind that. A being who does whatever he sees fit to be badass in whatever blank slate universe, or borrowed universe, the owner came up with in their mind.

Applied to this for the game itself is the creator of the character (you, the reader of this here text-a-majigg) is placed in the body of their character. As I said in the story topic, this can let the person be the character for realsies, if they so chose. However, it being the real you inside that body, you wouldn't have access to every available skill right off the bat, and would have to earn it in the new reality (see: leveling up).

So while you can go ahead and fill out the minor template I left for everyone, that's really FAR less than what I'm looking for.

Perhaps the old topic better created the characters because of the presented avatars as a rough example for faux personality ideas? Perhaps this at least gave me a visual idea of your character from a bodily perspective to at least give me something to work with?

At the moment, the only users that would do well to this idea are Pure, Alex, FF, IE, and a few others who participated in RTD:Chaos. Others are welcome to prove me wrong and present a glorified backstory with concept art and everything else they can bring to the table, but until you actually do so, I've nothing to work with at all.

PureQuestion
Epicness: 12
Gold Stars: 1

Post by PureQuestion »

How would I react, you ask, to suddenly being thrust into the body of the God of Time and Combat?

I was never a very well liked person. I didn't get along well with peers. I was never very strong. I guess you could say it gave me an overarching feeling of powerlessness.

Most kids want to be superheroes, right? That wasn't enough for me. I wanted to be a god. Of course, going back on it, this is pretty silly. But the fantasies of my childhood remain strong in my mind as some of my favourite memories, tiny bubbles of joy in a vast cosmos of emptiness.

This is largely behind me, now. But Pure remains a major side of myself. He remains a representation of fantasy, of the omnipotence I will never achieve, indeed, that no one will ever achieve.

And yet, suddenly, I awaken, in the body of the character I've used for many years. I would do exactly what I always did in my fantasies: Protect people. Pure's very being is divine justice, retribution. Placed in his body, I would become something of a vigilante. Whether I would join the party immediately is hard to say. I wouldn't be one to oppose it. The party would probably encounter me around the world several times, acting my role as a mysterious protector, in part trying to genuinely help, in part trying to to feed my ego. Maybe I'd even bail them out of a tight situation. >> In summary, I'd deliberately try and act the part of a mysterious badass.

Whatever the case, I would be split on leaving, but all things considered, no matter how great the world may be, I am concerned with what goes on in the one we came from. Grand those this world may appear, it isn't the world I came from.

I'm pretty unwavering in my morality. No harm shall come to the good, but a painful death shall come to the wicked, though a second chance is never out of the question. Take this how you will.
Leech
Parasite
Alien
Angel
Hell
Demon
Wrath
Signamente -         - Necros -         - Termos        
Omnis

This signature has been signed by the End of Infinity.

Infinity's End
Elite Fraxian
Elite Fraxian
Epicness:
Gold Stars:

Post by Infinity's End »

Let's see...how would I react to becoming the avatar of the omniscient Lord of Dreams?

Well, what would likely happen is that I would wake up wherever I wake in the story, and see just what the fuck happened.

And then I'd probably flip the fuck out upon realizing that I have no "true" physical form.

Then, I'd calm the fuck down, and start trying to find out just what the fuck happened, discovering the abilities of my new form.

As required by the plot, I'd probably either A) Meet up with the party in search of answers, or B) Find the answers myself, and seek out anyone trying to "fix" it (While the avatar of VII - The Lord is powerful, the simple fact that I'll be lacking an actual body is kind of a downside).

As for the "physical" description, Lord Valkar has always been a "sorcerer" since the very idea of his character entered my mind. Think a robed figure, with a shadow where a body should be. Any physical attacks would strike the mind/spirit instead of the body.

I'll think up some skills and abilities later (knowledge on enemies, their future attacks, and a number of other bizarre future-related abilities, perhaps?) and if you desire any additional information, feel free to ask.

ZarroTsu
Excelling Fraxian
Excelling Fraxian

Post by ZarroTsu »

Changing up the skill types a bit, this time it should be final (you can go back and revamp a bit if you want)

Code: Select all

Unarmed     (incl. fist weapons, how few they may be) **
Axes        (incl. Scythes)
Swords      (incl. broad swords, rapiers)
Polearms    (incl. Spears)
Daggers     (possibly incl. claw weapons)
Shields 
Blunt       (incl. staffs, nunchucks)
Ranged      (incl. bows, guns)
Magic
** As I said in the system topic; the unarmed type, while weaponless, will raise your attack power according to your three proficiency levels. This has the potential to create an exceptionally offensive unarmed fighter. While I'm a little hesitant to allow unarmed-based skills due to the massive ATP potential, hopefully this potential will be avoided unless you grind for a fair number of end-game hours.

Urch
Fraxy Beginner
Fraxy Beginner

Post by Urch »

Last edited by Urch on Mon Sep 19, 2011 6:35 am, edited 4 times in total.
Into life we have been thrust, blindingly fast and without direction.

ZarroTsu
Excelling Fraxian
Excelling Fraxian

Post by ZarroTsu »

I'd like if everyone would go back and edit their character stat scores on the scale of 1 to 99 instead of 1 to 9. Signature weapons are fine as-is.

PureQuestion
Epicness: 12
Gold Stars: 1

Post by PureQuestion »

Updated P:
Leech
Parasite
Alien
Angel
Hell
Demon
Wrath
Signamente -         - Necros -         - Termos        
Omnis

This signature has been signed by the End of Infinity.

AlexMdle
Administrator
Administrator
Epicness: micro skills

Post by AlexMdle »

Updaterminated.
Now under new management.

Ex-Rumia
Elite Fraxian
Elite Fraxian
Epicness: Getting there.