Caustic Criticism

Show us graphics, music and writing that you've done, whether you're putting it in Fraxy or not.
ShadowSpectre
Retired Staff
Retired Staff
Epicness: Mr Self Destruct
Gold Stars: One. But really pretty.

Caustic Criticism

Post by ShadowSpectre »

Prepare.
Out for lunch. Return uncertain.

Firefox11
Excelling Fraxian
Excelling Fraxian
Epicness: Lacks epicness.

Re: Caustic Criticism

Post by Firefox11 »

AlexMdle
Administrator
Administrator
Epicness: micro skills

Post by AlexMdle »

Now under new management.

ShadowSpectre
Retired Staff
Retired Staff
Epicness: Mr Self Destruct
Gold Stars: One. But really pretty.

Post by ShadowSpectre »

A while ago, Metarex Master wrote:Sorry if that made you very mad at me there SS. I didn't expect you to take it that badly.

Also I'd like to post something else. This I made a while back, and it is one of my better Fanartworks. Some guys here even once said it was one of my better artworks.
This one is a Strike Witches Fanartwork I drew of what I believe was going on with Yoshika Miyafuji when she first met the ever-so-cute little Humanoid Hybrid Parasite, X-11 (aka Neuroi-Chan). Not so sure how familiar you are with Strike Witches SS, but if you've seen the series, you'd probably agree with my view on this, and agree that it maeks sense. Tried to make this look ominous and strange. Yes I do agree that X-11 was less aggressive than others, and perhaps somewhat curious of humans, but still, I don't think she was really trying to make peace with Yoshika, and that she really might have been a foe, not a friend. I mean if she were really a good one and wanted to be friends with Yoshika, then how come she blatantly tried to laser to death the other Joint Fighters, and severely wounded Sakomoto so badly that she had to use a wheelchair? And how come no other ones were doing this? I think X-11 may have wanted to learn about humans, but she was also trying to seduce Yoshika in some strange way and was messing with her head, trying to get her to obey or something. Kinda like how in Star Fox when Pigma was being seduced by the Aparoid after he had a massive encounter with them, and the Aparoid were in no way a friend. Poor Yoshika, falling victim to their tricks, although thankfully it wasn't Perrine or Sanya, who are so much better than her, that this happened to.
I drew this by hand with a pen, then after scanning it, I used Adobe Fireworks to add some special effects, like that ominous glow coming from X-11's eyes and chest core. To tell the truth, I was never really certain if she had eyes or not behind her hair (considering her race, she may as well not had any), but I added those glowing eyes in anyways as to help with the feel with it. I think this is one of my best fanartworks yet.
This second one I drew is sort of a joke on these two similar characters, Rumia the Dark Youkai in Touhou, and the Shadows Witch Elsa Maria in Maho Shoujo Madoka Magika. Rumia is mistaking Elsa for her mother, and for good reason, though Elsa is kinda confused. Rumia I also found a very frightening Youkai in the Touhou series, even though she sometimes tries to be cute, she isn't very much. In fact, she's one of the creepier characters in Touhou. Those black shapes around her are is shadow energy eminating from Rumia's body. Elsa was also a rather disturbing foe in the series, as for not only did she remind me of Rumia, but also the Auditor in Madness Combat too. She also uses this massive, Sun-Staff-like thing that sort of looks like the Statue of Liberty's Torch too, and also sometimes appears in a prayer-like stance. Those tentacle/dragon/snake like things around her are Elsa's minions, which were formerly victims of her that now serve her and continuously search for "companions" in blind belief.
I found this one kinda cute and funny at the same time, despite the nature of the two.

So what do you think? Are you more or less angered by these ones? I certainly believe these are some of my better artworks I've drawn.
Irritation score before reviewing: 4/10
Irritation score after reviewing: 8/10
Irritation score before reviewing: 8/10
Irritation score after reviewing: 10/10
A while ago, Metarex Master wrote:And BTW SS, this here below is the "Wild Snail" ship that I was reffering to before, seeing that you appeared unfamiliar with what it was originally suppsoed to look like, and have now went so far as to make it your new title. It's one of the first 4 player ships in Battle Garegga.
Irritation score before reading: 10/10
Irritation score after reading: 5/10

AlexMdle wrote:
Irritation score before reviewing: 5/10
Irritation score after reviewing: 6/10

Firefox11 wrote:Whenever you have time, do the one you like less out of:
http://s443.photobucket.com/albums/qq15 ... mp-Umi.png
http://s443.photobucket.com/albums/qq15 ... roline.png
http://s443.photobucket.com/albums/qq15 ... -Fight.png
http://s443.photobucket.com/albums/qq15 ... p-SMBW.png

Can do all of them if you like / get tired of ripping a single one apart
Irritation score before reviewing: 6/10
Irritation score after reviewing: 8/10
Out for lunch. Return uncertain.

AlexMdle
Administrator
Administrator
Epicness: micro skills

Post by AlexMdle »

"Conflagrant"

Remains of a warrior that narrowly avoided cremation, animated solely by flames of vengeance.

Blame Mint.

Edit: *REMOVIFICATED*
Now under new management.

Urch
Fraxy Beginner
Fraxy Beginner

Post by Urch »

I know I showed UFF this drawing before but I wanted some actual criticism for it.
Into life we have been thrust, blindingly fast and without direction.

Armored Entity
Advanced Fraxian
Advanced Fraxian
Epicness: Not exactly sure, but perhaps pretty epic.

Post by Armored Entity »

I have a new one done, and I have improved some. I think you really might like this one SS, as for it involves kitties.

This one is a 4Koma (or Yonkoma) Comic involving two Strike Witches characters, Perrine Clostermann, and Charlotte E Yeager. I took into account some things you said needed improvement before, such as making their heads correctly shaped, their eyes more detailed, they have chins now, their arms only bend at the elbow, and taking other anatomically correct factors into account.
Apparently though being a Catgirl will mean a life of absolute cuteness and "Nya," it does have some downsides such as this here. I thought it was sort of funny, but I've seen funnier.
Last edited by Armored Entity on Mon Apr 23, 2012 6:34 pm, edited 2 times in total.
I would like to ask a favor from for anyone who is my friend here.
If someday we meet in person in the near future, and I had recently done anything that would confirm that I had become a Brony (which as of now I am not one), such as if I had posted on a Pony-related fan-site, drawn a Pony-themed artwork, contributed to a Pony fanfic, or anything else along those lines. If I have done anything like that, I want you to punch me in the face without warning. This make sound like I'm joking, but I am absolutely serious about this. Ignore any future statements retracting this if I ever make any. Though if you do, please first confirm that it is me who is doing it, and not some Brony who is posing as me and wants to see me get punched. I do not wish to go down the path of the Bronies, and hopefully those of you reading this will help me so that it stays that way, if god forbid I ever even attempt it.
Thank you.

TheBlueEcho
VIP Member
VIP Member
Epicness: So Epic
Gold Stars: 1

Post by TheBlueEcho »

To Metarex:
Study and learn what your trying to draw first. Then practice it many times. Then every few hundred drawings get a Critique.
And Please learn the basics.

Armored Entity
Advanced Fraxian
Advanced Fraxian
Epicness: Not exactly sure, but perhaps pretty epic.

Post by Armored Entity »

Okay ShadowSpectre. Ignore those last ones, for I've gotten better than that now. These newer ones you'll probably feel a lot better about when reviewing.

I want you to take a look at these couple below and give me your review on them. I think I've gotten a lot more skilled than I had been before, though I think I still could improve some. Also I submitted these to my new Deviant Art account too, just so you know.
Recently a friend of mine on Deviant art had her birthday, so I drew this as a little birthday present for her.
This is of her one fan-character, Yoshi, but as a Joint Fighter from Strike Witches. She likes Strike Witches almost as much as I do, so I figured she'd like it (and on my Deviant Art comments, she even told me she loved it). Like all Joint Fighters in Strike Witches do, she has moe' kitten ears and a tail, and a pair of Striker Unit Legs. I tried to make her ears and Striker Units look fitting for her fan-character too. Of course she isn't wearing pants, but since I really dislike that part of SW, I put her in a pose that makes her panties not visible. I think I did well on this, especially since it is full-bodied and I gave her a lot of detail (usually I draw chibis, who are cuter but have less detail). The background was drawn digitally in Adobe Fireworks and I added some other effects with that such as the transparent spinning effect on her propellers, but Yoshi herself I drew by hand. I personally think you'd love this one ShadowSpectre, for she has ears like a kitty, and you said you absolutely love kitties.

This more recent one I drew of what Remilia Scarlet from Touhou probably does whenever she wakes up in the morning. Considering the fact that Remilia is a Vampire, I figured that whenever Remilia wakes up, she rises out of her coffin in the Scarlet Mansion and gets up and ready for her day.
Personally I think this is less cutesy than most of my other artworks, mainly because I find Remilia and Flandre to be among some of the most scariest and frightening Touhou girls of all, but just cause it isn't cute doesn't mean it isn't good. I think this one is good for all the detail I put into her, like how she's posed while she is yawning like that, and the features I drew on her arms, wings, and fangs. I think I might have made a little mistake on her coffin, but it still is mostly good despite that. Dunno about you, but I am personally very impressed with how I did.

This one is of Sayaka, one of the Shoujos from Maho Shoujo Madoka Magika, holding up her Soul Gem. I personally think that this is my best one so far.
Although it never was completely explained in the anime, this is what I always thought would go on inside of their Soul Gems. Her LifeForce can now be seen inside of there, peacefully floating around inside. Normally their gem has this glow and cloudiness around and inside of it, so you couldn't actually see inside of it. I've always imagined someone's Soul would look sort of like that, and I decided to show what the gem would look like if her LifeForce inside were actually visible and the cloudiness and stuff weren't there. It was hard for me to draw Sayaka's Soul that small, but the rest, which is much bigger, was a bit less difficult.
It took me quite a while to finish this one, but I like how it turned out in the end. I think it is one of my more detailed pics, and is very interesting looking, don't you agree.

So what do you think of my stuff now, ShadowSpectre? I honestly hope you aren't as irritated from reviewing these as you were before. I mean I've gotten much more skilled than I was before, and I bet you would agree that my artworks are now looking a lot more better.
Last edited by Armored Entity on Thu Apr 26, 2012 5:08 am, edited 11 times in total.
I would like to ask a favor from for anyone who is my friend here.
If someday we meet in person in the near future, and I had recently done anything that would confirm that I had become a Brony (which as of now I am not one), such as if I had posted on a Pony-related fan-site, drawn a Pony-themed artwork, contributed to a Pony fanfic, or anything else along those lines. If I have done anything like that, I want you to punch me in the face without warning. This make sound like I'm joking, but I am absolutely serious about this. Ignore any future statements retracting this if I ever make any. Though if you do, please first confirm that it is me who is doing it, and not some Brony who is posing as me and wants to see me get punched. I do not wish to go down the path of the Bronies, and hopefully those of you reading this will help me so that it stays that way, if god forbid I ever even attempt it.
Thank you.

TheBlueEcho
VIP Member
VIP Member
Epicness: So Epic
Gold Stars: 1

Post by TheBlueEcho »

MM wrote:Okay ShadowSpectre. Ignore those last ones, for I've gotten better than that now.
Apparently So.