Assuming slow and silent death.

Talk about whatever - video games, sports, doesn't matter as long as it's not in another section.
Garoslaw
VIP Member
VIP Member
Gold Stars: 4

Assuming slow and silent death.

Post by Garoslaw »

And we need a Phoenix Down for this little gem called Fraxy.

mmxpert
Advanced Fraxian
Advanced Fraxian
Epicness: maybe.

Re: Assuming slow and silent death.

Post by mmxpert »

My signature.

Also something might happen, just saying.

mmxpert
Advanced Fraxian
Advanced Fraxian
Epicness: maybe.

Post by mmxpert »

Garoslaw
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post by Garoslaw »

We don't really need someone who wants to play psychological games with us.

Looking back to what Zax said in the past though, he was right. There was a severere lack of cooperation between people who were members of this forum.
I'm hoping for mon to find something to solve the overall game's slow speed issue.
:yap:

Garoslaw
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post by Garoslaw »

So nobody else wants to speak up?

Seems to prove Zax's point fairly well.

AlexMdle
Administrator
Administrator
Epicness: micro skills

Post by AlexMdle »

Zax' point was a big stern 'This community isn't professional enough for me'.
He literally likened fraxy to rpgmaker series, which is a twofold irony.

Fraxy is not falling apart due to lack of cooperation, it falls apart because most of the people on this forum are getting older and struggle to keep other things afloat. Currently the forum is mostly a hub for us all to keep contact through.

If we want more activity tho, we need new blood. Fraxy can be kept alive through new, inexperienced users, rather than through old experienced onces. The latter are mostly useful to keep up the stream of information regarding the engine and its use.

This is not to say that I have a clue how to accomplish that. Advertising was a long-standing goal that never took off because nobody took it seriously. And that includes you, Garo.

In conclusion, I don't understand the point of this thread. Is it supposed to rub up the guilt on people? If so, then it's backfiring pretty hard.
Now under new management.

Garoslaw
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post by Garoslaw »

AlexMdle wrote:In conclusion, I don't understand the point of this thread. Is it supposed to rub up the guilt on people? If so, then it's backfiring pretty hard.
Not at all. I was trying to get people to talk (And it worked quite well on you). Just two people rising the whole point of this thread isn't quite enough though.
Fraxy is not falling apart due to lack of cooperation, it falls apart because most of the people on this forum are getting older and struggle to keep other things afloat. Currently the forum is mostly a hub for us all to keep contact through.
It's most certainly ONE of the reasons, albeit I do not deny the rest.
If we want more activity tho, we need new blood. Fraxy can be kept alive through new, inexperienced users, rather than through old experienced onces. The latter are mostly useful to keep up the stream of information regarding the engine and its use.

This is not to say that I have a clue how to accomplish that.
Flan did suggest a collab at one point. All I see is that Fraxy seriously lacks complete TRY projects. I'm not sure if it would succeed, but I was wondering if introducing people, who would be interested in the game, to the TRY code to go along with making those bosses would work out.

But that's just one of the ideas.

Setting the whole "advertising" thingamajig as last, I seriously think Fraxy lacks base for tutorials and references, as the one in the Compendium is outdated (perhaps contacting the people running that site would also help). Also, if there was a way to contact the guy who started making those video tutorials, it would be great as well.

Seeing as Fraxy can be customize-able to almost every point, perhaps it would be a good idea to at least try making alternatives (other than tons of part recolors) for things such as for example the Sound Effect bank (which I would need help from someone, if anyone, to check out consistency and blend with the SE, assuming I made half of the new bank.)
I'm hoping Mon will be able to do something with the way how Fraxy runs, given the massive framerate drops in some situations (Would literally need a supercomputer to run a complex TRY smoothly)

Finally, the ads. It would also be in my opinion something to look upon in the near future, if anyone would be up to work with that.
Advertising was a long-standing goal that never took off because nobody took it seriously. And that includes you, Garo.
I can take the blame and I am sorry.
But I want to try standing up again.

[][][][]
Fraxy God
Fraxy God
Epicness: Never enough.

Post by [][][][] »

The problem with Fraxy (and most indie 'do-it-yourself' games) is that it takes a lot of time into creating anything worth anything here, or a large enough community to foster such an environment.

And most of us don't have time, and this is all but a tightly-knit group.

Case in point: my own unexplained disappearance. It was because of losing time for online responsibilities, due to in no small part to increasing offline events and other circumstances. Things have become quite distracting and interesting enough to pull me away from online interaction (and yes, even the other websites I usually go to have already been ignored).

Now we would be willing to counter-act this, if we have an incentive and a reasonable time frame.
That is why the Quickboss has so many entries despite the others not having a lot (or at all): there is an incentive and a short enough time limit so as not to take too much from other stuff.

So yes, technically Fraxy can be revived, but it's going to be in little steps, not in big strides. And it's going to take a lot of convincing for most of us to get back to work.

Just my two cents. ;)
There was once something here,
but it's now gone.