Slowboss 11

Users can vote on current battles and contests here. Finished battles are archived.
PureQuestion
Epicness: 12
Gold Stars: 1

Re: Slowboss 11

Post by PureQuestion »

kkk

everyone go home
Leech
Parasite
Alien
Angel
Hell
Demon
Wrath
Signamente -         - Necros -         - Termos        
Omnis

This signature has been signed by the End of Infinity.

PureQuestion
Epicness: 12

Post by PureQuestion »

Apparently the judges are Aqua, Garo, and VR?

Something like that.

CS too. He's cool.
Leech
Parasite
Alien
Angel
Hell
Demon
Wrath
Signamente -         - Necros -         - Termos        
Omnis

Xeilumardrox
Epicness: Contradictory
Gold Stars: 5

Post by Xeilumardrox »

List of bosses that were entered into the contest for convenience.

White Glint: Time and Space
Download Link
Video Link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1fiGR9yHpKk" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

TBD: WARLOCK T-30K
Download Link
Video Link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D7XOAJLv6IM" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

dracmeister: Great Submersible Battleship Yukina
Download Link
Video Link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-LK2mG5kslE" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Jayeon: IXF-XI Fraxis-Alterna
Download Link
Video Link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hC0V43AYkOY" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

flan: Protocore
Download Link
Video Link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RduJnR9jNcQ" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Hard Mode Video Link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rFQhavcvyOI" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Current Fraxy Projects:
MoSF XVIII - Desire, FraxyHQ Try Project

Annoyance Points: 0/5 *RESET*

Formerly known as Vortexreaper and Scytheradrox...

Xeilumardrox

Post by Xeilumardrox »

Due to my lack of time, my judging is going to be very rough and so it probably isn't going to be as accurate of a ranking then when I have time to put more thought into it.

White Glint: The very first phase, the circle really reminds me of Magic Circle default boss, but that's just a side comment. It does look nice though. I don't have much to comment on the flyer's design. The attacks here are very basic. Going on to the next phase where it proceeds to spam homing lasers everywhere. I don't have much to say about the next phase, but I do have to say that the instant kill homing laser would need shorter tails 'cause it'd felt a bit unfair to be touch death from it. I might just suck, so I won't consider that into my judging though.

The attack after it seems like a worse version of one of Ooma's clock boss' attacks. I don't know if he based it off an attack from another game, but this one feels very lazily made. The attack that comes after that (bullets spawn on player position in a wheel) has the shortest and most unnoticeable warning ever (a short glint and then boom) and also once it's figured out, it's laughably easy to avoid and thus I felt that attack was also lazily made. Then the phase that comes after that-if that is suppose to represent time freeze, I must say that doesn't feel anything like time freeze (lack of effects, you can still shoot, etc). I'll just assume that's not suppose to be time freeze, but the amount of times the boss does it in that phase gets really irritating as you barely ever get a chance to move while all the boss does is place energy eggs that has a chance of blowing a high speed homing laser right into your face. The other attack in the phase has a large inconsistent difficulty that revolves around chance and limiting your space with random homing lasers from outside the map, making it either undodgeable or easily avoidable via chance. The last phase's attack felt lazily made, and the dodgeability of some it is questionable. Overall, I felt that more effort and thought needs to be put into the boss, as it really felt lazily made and unpolished.

TBD: That's some shiny entrance. I approve of flashy entrances. Moving on, the design is decent, but right away the first attack felt very lazily made-just a bunch of a powerballs rotating back and forth and exposing an obvious frontal weakspot. Now I would sugg-*LASERED* Where the hell was the warning for that? You don't just instantly fire a giant instant hit laser at the player without giving any warning, movement, or effect at all. Not fair at all. Third attack is of the common rotating fire with the bullets moving at an angle to make it more difficult. Now, the grenade spray literally made the boss look stupid because of how obvious where the range of the attack is and how the boss doesn't even bother aiming at the player. This attack felt like it lacked any thought at all in terms of gameplay.

Now let's talk about is rank 99 form. Starting off, it sprays you with an undodgeable amount of ion rings, and despite them being destroyable, they end up killing you anyways. A big no no as an attack. Of course, the attack is avoidable by being above the boss, but would a player playing against the form for the first time know that? Of course not. The second attack is laughable if the player is under the boss as just constantly firing prevents a single one from hitting you. The third attack is obviously based off Illusionary Dominance from Touhou. Really could have been made better. This one just felt lazy and showed an obvious empty area at the top. The last attack is literally nigh-undodgeable.

Really, this boss needs a lot of work and improvement on its attacks. I don't have anything else to say about it.

dracmeister: Why is this boss named "Great Submersible Battleship Yukina" when its battleship phase barely lasts more than 30 seconds? Why does the entire battle ship explode leaving only the main section when the large cannon is destroyed? The battleship phase actually showed some promise (although needs some polishing) but it had quite a disappointing end. The next phase looks fine if it wasn't for the fact that random bullets just come at you from the lower corners of the screen for absolutely no reason at all. It also had some pretty obvious blindspots. The phase after that's first attack is very disappointing in terms of difficulty and the following laser needs a proper warning. The phase after that only sprayed powerballs and bullets in pretty uncreative manners. Didn't feel like much thought was put into it. The boss then proceeds to become a way easier version of Evacaneer DOOM with more attacks that didn't have any thought put into it except for maybe the blue circle attack. It then randomly turns into an energy or spiritual being that doesn't bother going back into a good position and just sprays a bunch of attacks out. Overall, this boss needs more thought, effort and polishing too. Also, the boss is barely a battleship at all.

Jayeon: I looked at the video and must question why the booster implying the boss is boosting forwards yet is somehow flying backwards from the implications of the scrolling. I'll just pretend I didn't see that at all. Overall, there's nothing wrong with the boss apart from it being a bit heavy in HP which drags the fight out a bit while the boss repeats the same thing over and over again (mostly on the last phase). Apart from that the boss is actually very simple and basic, which unfortunately also means there's not much things good about it to mention either.

flan: This boss may look like just a little core in comparison to all the other boss, but it is actually very polished and well-made. The way the boss deconstructs itself and reconstructs itself is a nice touch. The attacks were mostly fair, aesthetically pleasing and pretty well made, and the boss had about just the right amount of HP. Overall, a very well-made boss.

The initial ranking order I give:
1. Protocore (Microcore 0.5): The quality of this boss makes all other entries pale in comparison to it.
2. IXF-XI Fraxis-Alterna: Despite its simplicity in almost every way and isn't actually special in any way, it lacks the problems a lot of the entries had. All it need is some fixing in the amount of HP it has, which can easily be fixed.
3. Great Submersible Battleship Yukina: While I actually hold some spite on it for some things (including how it's not really much of a battleship at all), putting this bias aside, this boss had a few attacks that are not too bad. It still needs a lot of work and improving though.
4. Tie between Steamflier F12-H: Time and Space and WARLOCK T-30K: While in my opinion, the WARLOCK had less problems, almost all its attacks needs improvement and work while the Steamflier had more problems but had more things that are more decent at than the WARLOCK at the same time. I can't really decide which one to put over the other.

EDIT:
Now that I just a bit more thought into it instead of just trying to rush judge...
1. Protocore (Microcore 0.5): Rank still haven't changed.
2. IXF-XI Fraxis-Alterna: No change.
3. Steamflier F12-H: Time and Space: I've put more thought into it and decided I actually ranked this too low. I put it at that rank because of how annoyed I got from a certain phase (that "freeze" attack thing happening in such short intervals). So I reranked it. However, because of some of its attack feeling unfair or annoying, I can't put it above the top two.
4. Great Submersible Battleship Yukina
5. WARLOCK T-30K: Sorry, but almost every single attack still needs fixing.
Current Fraxy Projects:

CoreShooter
Excelling Fraxian
Excelling Fraxian
Epicness: Perhaps

Post by CoreShooter »

THE DELIBERATION
After a gruelling month, slowboss 11 lives up to its newfound title.
Going through the bosses, I found an unnaturally satisfactory quality that was rather unexpected from certain entrants; here are my thoughts, judged based on qualities that I tried to make as objective as possible. Here, my ranking is based on quality based on the boss itself, and while comments are made on its quality in relation to its creator, I tried to keep it from affecting my final judgment. My final ranking will probably not come as a surprise.

RANKS 3-5
(in no particular order)

RANK 2

RANK 1
If you stop raging
It's ragequitting

Aquamancia
Advanced Fraxian
Advanced Fraxian
Epicness: *hands out Epic Jar* Pay up.
Gold Stars: 42

Post by Aquamancia »

Here's my judging stuff regarding slowboss. I'd like everything below the row of asterisks copied.

Here are what I have to say about the entries. If you don't like what I have to say, deal with it. Also this is my first time reviewing bosses in years, so apologies if I'm rusty.
Fraxy Creations and Mirrors
Creations Thread
Twitter

Just as Japlanned.

i was such a jerk on here

Garoslaw
VIP Member
VIP Member
Gold Stars: 4

Post by Garoslaw »

Alright ladies and gents, I was on a big delay there but I finally got around at writing this thing up. I won't be so extensive on the introductory so I'll say how I'll rank the bosses: It's all score based. From 1 to 10 points. Will also include Pros, Cons, and Additional Notes for the creators as well. This isn't sorted out, I write in the order of what I played first.

Without further ado...

Dracmeister's Entry
Jayeon's Entry
TBD's Entry
White Glint's Entry
Flan's Entry
:yap:

Xeilumardrox

Post by Xeilumardrox »

Contest over. Locking now :p
(should really have a reward of some sort planned out for these things next time)
Current Fraxy Projects: