Copy Paste powers are go!

Want to challenge another user to a battle or make a contest? Post here.
Ex-Rumia
Elite Fraxian
Elite Fraxian
Epicness: Getting there.
Gold Stars: 0

Copy Paste powers are go!

Post by Ex-Rumia »

Gradius Challenge

Concept: Create a Big Core, Gunwall, or Shadowdancer in Fraxy
Special requirements: All attacks must have a "Rank 1" Version a "Rank 50" version and a "Rank 100" Version, all submissions must be side view
Bullet Limit: 380 bullets on screen at any given time
Screen Limit: 480x360
Event Limit: None
Parts Limit: None

Questions that have been asked about the challenge:

So are these supposed to be exact replicas or just based on said concept cores? - TBD

All enemies are based on these concepts, but directly copying a gradius boss is not allowed. - Rumia

Explain the types. It’s mostly the Big Core type that I’m confused with. - Fourboxes

Okay, here is a basic rundown of the boss types. A Big core is an elaborate shell that protects and covers “Core” Parts, they’re usually invincible on all part except the connectors which must be taken out to get to said core.
Gunwalls are exactly what they sound like, walls with attached guns. These work like massive turrets, usually with destructible/regenerating weapons, they also use the connectors to hide their cores from destruction.
Shadow Dancers are pretty much mobile walls, using long spindly legs to move through halls and catch the player off guard. They usually move in a predictable pattern though, so moving in between the legs is a matter of planning and timing. -Rumia

Does this include other bosses such as Covered Core and B.E.S. Tetran? Or only Big Core styled bosses? - Zaximillian

Covered Core and Tetran variants are allowed. - Rumia
Formerly Haku1201.
Current Fraxy Projects:
F-Gradius
Project SH

Now known as a compulsive core abuser.

DC Universe Persona Names
Hero: Marietta Durge
Villian: Voivouire

Evil_Nazgul0616
Excelling Fraxian
Excelling Fraxian
Epicness: ⑨√⑨^⑨

Re: Copy Paste powers are go!

Post by Evil_Nazgul0616 »

I thought this contest from the SFF was dead!

Also, you got my entry from a LONG time ago right?
"The geography that I stands compares you superior" -Ratio Tile, Star War: Backstroke Of The West

Ex-Rumia
Elite Fraxian
Elite Fraxian
Epicness: Getting there.
Gold Stars: 0

Post by Ex-Rumia »

I have it around, yes. Though I really would prefer to use that other big core boss you made, with the final form nerfed a bit.
Formerly Haku1201.
Current Fraxy Projects:
F-Gradius
Project SH

Now known as a compulsive core abuser.

DC Universe Persona Names
Hero: Marietta Durge
Villian: Voivouire

Evil_Nazgul0616
Excelling Fraxian
Excelling Fraxian
Epicness: ⑨√⑨^⑨

Post by Evil_Nazgul0616 »

Ex-Rumia wrote:I have it around, yes. Though I really would prefer to use that other big core boss you made, with the final form nerfed a bit.
You mean Chimera Core? I wasn't thinking about entering that... ...monstrosity... ...plus it's old compared to Laser Core MK III. Plus you said no direct copies of a Gradius boss, which the first two forms are (The first two forms are remakes of Big Core Duo from Gradius ReBirth).
"The geography that I stands compares you superior" -Ratio Tile, Star War: Backstroke Of The West