Contest Ideas List

Want to challenge another user to a battle or make a contest? Post here.
Scionox
Elite Fraxian
Elite Fraxian
Epicness: Rawr
Gold Stars: 1

Contest Ideas List

Post by Scionox »

Rex Cavalier wrote:Element themed boss contest:
Theme/idea: create boss based on element (fire/water/etc), as in design/attacks

Side View Boss Contest:
Theme: Create side view boss (idea sort of based on Rumia's side view challenge)
Screensize restrictions: 640x480 or any horizontal-like screensize

The Contest Of the Darkness:
Theme: Darkness/dark themed boss/creature of darkness etc
Rules :
- No restrictions other than the theme of this contest

Effector Projectile Contest:
Idea is that bosses in contest must use mostly effector projectile weapon (Like effector on move joint or something like that)
All normal projectiles still can be allowed, but boss mostly must be based around these 'effector projectiles'

Teamworking bosses Contest
Theme: Create 2 or more bosses that work as a team (as in attacks/movement)
Rules:
- No restrictions other than the theme of this contest

Spiritual Bosses Contest:
Theme: Spiritual Bosses
Rules: All parts must be hidden (One exception is for HP bar controller parts outside of screen)
Zaximilian wrote: The Very Big Gun:

The theme: the boss is in essence one very big gun barrel that the player is actually inside.

Bosses in this contest idea should be fought in a fixed area.

Effector parts should slowly "charge up" this weapon along multiple enclosed paths within the boss structure in a multi-stage ignition. Using parts that light up like meters and circuit breakers, fuel tanks filling, that kind of thing.

Each ignition stage can be weakened, reverted, or redirected by player fire, but once a stage is fully lighted/filled, it's locked in.

This can also be done like a puzzle, redirecting energy paths to defuse the thing... assuming the player can figure out the puzzle while dodging enemy fire inside the barrel.

When all are, FOOOOM! Player is dead from OHKO screen covering, screen shaking laser, GAME OVER.
Dicearm wrote:Fraxy Cinematic:
So. Random idea I came up with quite randomly. Basically, the idea is a boss fight that isn't a boss fight - your ship is just a spectator, and you watch two other ships blast at each other, one using player weapons and one using..well, normal weapons. The player should have no role in this fight other than to spectate the fight.

As I said, really random idea, but still worth posting.

Forum Member Bosses:
Quite a random idea, but based off something recently said in th shoutbox. Basically, a random (active) forum member is chosen, and everyone tries to make a boss that most represents that forum member in some way. Only problem I can think of for this would be with letting the chosen member compete - perhaps they should be a judge or something?
DualerKombat wrote:BOSS RUSH!!!:
The contest that you need to make 4 or more bosses that when you killed one, the other one comes, till all of the bosses is defeated, also, it's best to use a try file for this one.
TheBlueEcho wrote:
1 A contest based on The Pesudo-Chainship Project (which is based on the The Chainship Project, which I made and ran.)
2 A contest based on The BSF Beauty Pagent. And it will be remade into something that fits fraxy.
3 A contest based on bullet pattern and design instead of the traditional "My boss is the best" type of contest. Think back to that one contest that had the constellation boss in it. It's something like that.
4 Naked Core - Bosses where the only visible part is the core itself.
5 Spiritual/Light - Bosses where there are no visible parts at all.
6 Sesonal - Bosses based on the seasons or a particular season.
7 Level - See who can make the best try "Level". Like T-401, and maybe jik.
8 Challenge/Boss Rush - See who can make the best Try Challange, like Starfish Family.
9 Maze - See who can make the best Maze (example IraIra).
10 Squadron - Best Group of Fighers.
11 Satilite/Fortress - Stationary Boss Contest/Challange.
12 Breakout - Contest involving you to break through layers to reach the core.
13 Lottory/Random - Bosses that depend on luck and skill to get a desired outcome.
14 Shoot The Core - Boss involving remaking or duplicating a boss from the classics. (Gradius, R-Type, ect.)
15 El Toro - Bosses in which one or more of its attacks is to "throw" parts of itself at you, or to try and ram you. Be careful though, as it's easy to overdo it when making this type of boss.
16 Escape - You're trapped within an "arena"/maze/fortress/etc and must escape before it's too late!
Was known as: <Insert huge list of nicknames i wont ever use again>
Ancient creation list: http://www.fraxyhq.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1526" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
YouTube Channel: Click
Rawr.

This signature has been signed by the End of Infinity.

Halico
Fraxy God
Fraxy God
Epicness: Is an idiot also genius asdfsadf

Re: Contest Ideas List

Post by Halico »

you forgot the one with the title .
Whee.

Scionox
Elite Fraxian
Elite Fraxian
Epicness: Rawr
Gold Stars: 1

Re: Contest Ideas List

Post by Scionox »

DualerKombat wrote:you forgot the one with the title .
:facepalm:

I restored it ages ago
Was known as: <Insert huge list of nicknames i wont ever use again>
Ancient creation list: http://www.fraxyhq.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1526" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
YouTube Channel: Click
Rawr.

This signature has been signed by the End of Infinity.