[Preview] A Sonic Boss that can be considered Danmaku.

Share your Fraxy bosses, drones, and TRY files here. You can also show previews here.
Armored Entity
Advanced Fraxian
Advanced Fraxian
Epicness: Not exactly sure, but perhaps pretty epic.

[Preview] A Sonic Boss that can be considered Danmaku.

Post by Armored Entity »

Something I started on, and I am making as a Side-View boss. I thought I'd do it as for it is one of the few Sonic bosses that can actually be considered a "Danmaku Boss" (other than some 3D bosses such as Solaris and Devil Doom). Plus, its attacks aren't that tough to remake in Fraxy (compared to some other Sonic bosses I've been working on, such as Egg Dragoon), and other stuff. In fact, I got two attacks working now.

So you know, its the "Egg Shooter," the True Last Boss of Sonic Advance 2, from True Area 53 Zone. I bet Rumia will love this one a ton.

Also I got two attacks working, the missiles and the tail laser, though they weren't much. Here's a pic of the Tail Laser.
I also got the gravity bind thing on its nosecone done, though that's not really an attack.

I kind of feel bad that I didn't try making this thing for that old Side View Contest (instead of Ultra Gemerl), but now that I'm creating it now, I suppose that's good. Most of its attacks shoudn't be too hard to create. Also I'm thinking of adding a "Hard Mode" to it as well. I haven't a clue when it will be done, but considering how slow I've been going lately, perhaps not very soon unfortunately. Stay tuned though.

Anything you'd like to say?
I would like to ask a favor from for anyone who is my friend here.
If someday we meet in person in the near future, and I had recently done anything that would confirm that I had become a Brony (which as of now I am not one), such as if I had posted on a Pony-related fan-site, drawn a Pony-themed artwork, contributed to a Pony fanfic, or anything else along those lines. If I have done anything like that, I want you to punch me in the face without warning. This make sound like I'm joking, but I am absolutely serious about this. Ignore any future statements retracting this if I ever make any. Though if you do, please first confirm that it is me who is doing it, and not some Brony who is posing as me and wants to see me get punched. I do not wish to go down the path of the Bronies, and hopefully those of you reading this will help me so that it stays that way, if god forbid I ever even attempt it.
Thank you.

Aquamancia
Advanced Fraxian
Advanced Fraxian
Epicness: *hands out Epic Jar* Pay up.
Gold Stars: 42

Re: [Preview] A Sonic Boss that can be considered Danmaku.

Post by Aquamancia »

I looked up a video on Youtube when you first mentioned it in the shoutbox.
All I can say for now is, it's looking good so far!
Fraxy Creations and Mirrors
Creations Thread
Twitter

Just as Japlanned.

i was such a jerk on here

Armored Entity
Advanced Fraxian
Advanced Fraxian

Post by Armored Entity »

Thanks.

Also, I just got two of its energy ball spam attacks done. I also managed to hide a capsule inside of it, for its destruction animation. The actual destruction animation is still underway though.

Now I need to make them fire in similar patterns and such, like the original.
If someday we meet in person in the near future, and I had recently done anything that would confirm that I had become a Brony (which as of now I am not one), such as if I had posted on a Pony-related fan-site, drawn a Pony-themed artwork, contributed to a Pony fanfic, or anything else along those lines. If I have done anything like that, I want you to punch me in the face without warning. This make sound like I'm joking, but I am absolutely serious about this. Ignore any future statements retracting this if I ever make any. Though if you do, please first confirm that it is me who is doing it, and not some Brony who is posing as me and wants to see me get punched. I do not wish to go down the path of the Bronies, and hopefully those of you reading this will help me so that it stays that way, if god forbid I ever even attempt it.
Thank you.

Spriterkid
Elite Fraxian
Elite Fraxian
Epicness: There's something in there alright

Post by Spriterkid »

Looking good. Especially that eye... thing.
Keep it up.
RIP Ed Balls

[marquee="right","scroll","0","5"]buy flantasy flan[/marquee]
This signature has been signed by the End of fagets Infinity.

The Phantom
Excelling Fraxian
Excelling Fraxian

Post by The Phantom »

The "head" looks strange.

Not the cockpit, the giant shadowed circle and the part immediately above it.

It contrasts strangely with the cockpit style.
Current Status: Sleep deprived. Also, back.

Armored Entity
Advanced Fraxian
Advanced Fraxian

Post by Armored Entity »

For reference, its supposed to be a remake of this boss.

Thank you.

The Phantom
Excelling Fraxian
Excelling Fraxian

Post by The Phantom »

Obligatory partsgraphics.
Current Status: Sleep deprived. Also, back.

Armored Entity
Advanced Fraxian
Advanced Fraxian

Post by Armored Entity »

Oh BTW, I got some more attacks done for it now. I suggest you look them up, for all of these are ones it actually uses in the game too.

Note that in mine, they fire faster and I have some other stuff I am going to have fire with them, as to make them harder. These I just showed the basics so you know how it replicates the original boss.
Also worth mentioning is that the one in the 1st pic I did without rolling panels. Also the one in the 4th pic took me some time to make them fire in that round shape, but I think I got it down. Normally it shoots more than one of that, but its harder to see the shape it makes with that attack. In mine it normally fires multiple ones though.

I now need to make it fire in similar patterns and such, which I am having trouble with.
Thank you.

[][][][]
Fraxy God
Fraxy God
Epicness: Never enough.

Post by [][][][] »

Zaximillian wrote:
The Phantom wrote:Obligatory partsgraphics.
Seconded, and heavily. Out of many bosses, this is perhaps one of the easier ones to create a PG set for.
Thirded. If you're 'this' close to making a perfect replication of the basic structure, why not rip the picture and adjust the sprite so as to create a replication of the skin?

Oh, and you fight it much like regular danmaku, or are you planning on fighting it the same way as it is fought in Sonic Advance 2?
(something to note: this is one of the few bosses which actively eject Rings out of Super Sonic, namely the freeze+vacuum attack.)

And is Egg Dragoon still running?
There was once something here,
but it's now gone.

Armored Entity
Advanced Fraxian
Advanced Fraxian

Post by Armored Entity »

Yep, Egg Dragoon I'm still working on. However, I cancelled my work on Egg Albatross though.

And No I am not using Partsgraphics. The reason being is that to make the way it is teleported into the field at the beginning, I'm going to have to make it quickly shift from hidden to shadowed a few times, before appearing in full. If I use Partsgraphics, that scene will look rather strange and off, and I don't want that to happen. Besides, my current design for it looks rather true to the original.

And yes, mine still does have the vacuum attack too.

EDIT: Another something I added that I'd like to show you.
This is for the destruction animation (although that I am also still working on). Here, you can see I recreated the capsule that flies out of it after it's defeated, which is supposed to contain Vanilla the Rabbit inside.
For the destruction animation, the Egg Shooter is suppose to fly off spinning, with explosion effectors all over it, and as it does, the capsule ejects out. Then the capsule falls away to the ground, which is when it ends.
Thank you.