[Preview] Felt Like remaking an Ikaruga boss

Share your Fraxy bosses, drones, and TRY files here. You can also show previews here.
Armored Entity
Advanced Fraxian
Advanced Fraxian
Epicness: Not exactly sure, but perhaps pretty epic.

[Preview] Felt Like remaking an Ikaruga boss

Post by Armored Entity »

Well I had an idea to make a Fraxy version of my most favorite boss in Ikaruga. Started working on it, and I've got some of it done. I'm going to make it very much like the original too, as much as I can.

This is what I have so far. It's Buppousou.

Just so you know, I am going to use Zarro's Ikaruga system in this boss (the one from Opal Dream). I know how it works, and I plan to replicate this Ikaruga boss in the same way. Also I plan to use a search-light based damage system, as for the whole boss is no-hitcheck as to prevent the Blue-Shield Player bullets from accidentally damaging it.

However, I need some help with a few things.
-For the original Buppousou, the Hatches over its two Weak Points would move down fast when you shoot at them, and they'd move back up slowly when you are not. Since this boss is using a search-light based damage system, can anyone help me make that opening/closing of the hatches in Fraxy? This is a vital part of this boss.
-I remember the Core on the Black Side of this boss takes double damage when you are using the Blue Shield, and the Core on the White Side takes double damage when using the Red Shield. The other way around would cause normal damage to the respective cores. Can anyone help me replicate this too?
-I was planning on making this boss time-out too. Should I still do that or not? I am not sure if it is a good idea.

So what do you think? I could use a little help in some parts, but I think I can make this boss rather easily. Any thoughts or ideas?
Last edited by Armored Entity on Fri May 18, 2012 4:46 pm, edited 2 times in total.
I would like to ask a favor from for anyone who is my friend here.
If someday we meet in person in the near future, and I had recently done anything that would confirm that I had become a Brony (which as of now I am not one), such as if I had posted on a Pony-related fan-site, drawn a Pony-themed artwork, contributed to a Pony fanfic, or anything else along those lines. If I have done anything like that, I want you to punch me in the face without warning. This make sound like I'm joking, but I am absolutely serious about this. Ignore any future statements retracting this if I ever make any. Though if you do, please first confirm that it is me who is doing it, and not some Brony who is posing as me and wants to see me get punched. I do not wish to go down the path of the Bronies, and hopefully those of you reading this will help me so that it stays that way, if god forbid I ever even attempt it.
Thank you.

XGluon
Fraxy Beginner
Fraxy Beginner

Re: [Preview] Felt Like remaking an Ikaruga boss

Post by XGluon »

Armored Entity wrote:...For the original Recapture...
It's name isn't "Recapture". It's "Buppousou". "Recapture" is the title of the song that plays while you fight it.

Aside from that, the only suggestion I have is that you omit the time-out. As far as I know, time-outs have ever worked in Fraxy bosses.
A guide to my "modes":
*Dead Serious
*Normal
*Polite

Currently Working On/Plan to Make: ("Modes" don't apply here)
ZODIAC Gemini (For Rumia Chrome's Project RAIWAT collab)
Evacanneer (Fraxy Label)
Onbashira Core (Kanako Yasaka remake)
Lar (Fraxy Label) (Aero Fighters/Sonic Wings tribute-Remake of one of Aero Fighters 2/Sonic Wings 2's final bosses)
Satariel Beta (Remake of the final boss of the original ALLTYNEX game)

A word of warning: I don't tolerate laziness.

Armored Entity
Advanced Fraxian
Advanced Fraxian

Post by Armored Entity »

Okay. No Time-out then. Also just fixed that mistake (didn't know that was actually its name).

However, I'm still need help on making the hatches open when you are shooting while in the invisible search light beneath them, and making them close when you don't. Also I need help with the double-damage thing. Can anyone help me with that?
Last edited by Armored Entity on Tue May 15, 2012 8:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
If someday we meet in person in the near future, and I had recently done anything that would confirm that I had become a Brony (which as of now I am not one), such as if I had posted on a Pony-related fan-site, drawn a Pony-themed artwork, contributed to a Pony fanfic, or anything else along those lines. If I have done anything like that, I want you to punch me in the face without warning. This make sound like I'm joking, but I am absolutely serious about this. Ignore any future statements retracting this if I ever make any. Though if you do, please first confirm that it is me who is doing it, and not some Brony who is posing as me and wants to see me get punched. I do not wish to go down the path of the Bronies, and hopefully those of you reading this will help me so that it stays that way, if god forbid I ever even attempt it.
Thank you.

[][][][]
Fraxy God
Fraxy God
Epicness: Never enough.

Post by [][][][] »

Hmm. Given that it deals damage when you shoot under the searchlight, regardless of whether it hits...
Set Var1
[part]Var1 = 0 [Black mode]
[part]Var1 = 1 [White mode]
When Searchlight for Black section sends &1 and [part]Var1 = 1 and Playershoot = 1, then subtract HP by [2x regular damage].
When Searchlight for White section sends &1 and [part]Var1 = 0 and Playershoot = 1, then subtract HP by [2x regular damage].
When Searchlight for Black section sends &1 and [part]Var1 = 0 and Playershoot = 1, then subtract HP by [regular damage].
When Searchlight for White section sends &1 and [part]Var1 = 1 and Playershoot = 1, then subtract HP by [regular damage].
[part] is where you get the Var1 from. Use trigger [Get the value of variable from part] or something equal to that when searchlight = &1.

For the hatch part, use trigger like this:
If Searchlight sends &1 and Playershoot = 1, then set Exparams of Move Joint and play.
If Playershoot = 0, then set Exparams of Move Joint and play.
There's a bit of trouble when making the joints move in the middle of their action, which is one of the reasons why I failed to create a convincing tank track system.
Hope these two help.
There was once something here,
but it's now gone.

Armored Entity
Advanced Fraxian
Advanced Fraxian

Post by Armored Entity »

Okay, this boss is finally finished. It works just right and so is the things like the weak points and stuff.
Thanks for the help with it. It was rather challenging for me to create an Ikaruga Boss like this.

Download it here: http://acmlm.kafuka.org/uploader/get.php?id=4246" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Now, (I can't believe I'm saying this). Can someone please make a battle video of this boss? It has to use the Ikaruga Boss2 theme music (Recapture), and should be fought in area fixed mode with Screensize 360X480. I'll see how this works out, for its the newest boss I've finished in a while.
Last edited by Armored Entity on Fri May 18, 2012 5:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Thank you.

Garoslaw
VIP Member
VIP Member
Gold Stars: 4

Post by Garoslaw »

wait

you're finished already?

oh my gaaaaaaaah
:yap:

AlexMdle
Administrator
Administrator
Epicness: micro skills

Post by AlexMdle »

The reflection system is still glitchy, removing detection of blue (player bullets) after a death or two.

Also, the color change should be bound to extra button instead of boost button.
Now under new management.

White Glint
Elite Fraxian
Elite Fraxian

Post by White Glint »

AlexMdle wrote: Also, the color change should be bound to extra button instead of boost button.
Agreed, would be much more handy.
Current Project(s): Evacé =CFA-44=
Later Projects/Need to Balance:
Completed Projects: Crimson Heart Remake, Dareaki Battleship 500K (Phase 1), Berzé Multi Type, Beezer Gorgoton Type, ESD VI - Maer, Hinderance, Answerer
Lost Projects: Hell's Gate, King Lorentus XIV
Also known as: Black Heart, Medako, Koko
Image Image Image Image Image Image

Armored Entity
Advanced Fraxian
Advanced Fraxian

Post by Armored Entity »

Well can someone lock, or delete this topic now?

I posted it in my boss thread now, so I figure there's no need for this topic anymore
Thank you.

Aquamancia
Advanced Fraxian
Advanced Fraxian
Epicness: *hands out Epic Jar* Pay up.
Gold Stars: 42

Post by Aquamancia »

Done.
Fraxy Creations and Mirrors
Creations Thread
Twitter