[Preview] WARNING THE EMBRYON, is Approaching Fast

Share your Fraxy bosses, drones, and TRY files here. You can also show previews here.
Armored Entity
Advanced Fraxian
Advanced Fraxian
Epicness: Not exactly sure, but perhaps pretty epic.

[Preview] WARNING THE EMBRYON, is Approaching Fast

Post by Armored Entity »

Someone on another forum requested that I make this boss, The Embryon, for him in Fraxy as for it was one of his favorite Darius bosses. He also wanted it changed for Vertical View instead of Side view, and also to make small changes wherever necessary. I decided to accept his request as for it didn't look like too hard of a boss to finish, but now I am having second thoughts, but I am not giving up just yet.

Well here's what I have so far. I'll update this here with any new stuff. If anyone has any ideas for it, let me know. Don't know when it will be finished, but the person who requested it is thankfully willing to wait a while.
I was also thinking of adding the yellow version when I am done with the regular one, as for the Yellow one is just the same but with different colors (easy to change the search lights) and it uses its attacks in a different sequence.

This is what I got so far with it, some of the attacks are still in work though, but I have a few of the generic bullet spam moves done and working.

Embryon

Normal Form
Embryon in its Diamond-like Form, with it about to use this one attack where it fires a giant Fish Head at you.
I would like to ask a favor from for anyone who is my friend here.
If someday we meet in person in the near future, and I had recently done anything that would confirm that I had become a Brony (which as of now I am not one), such as if I had posted on a Pony-related fan-site, drawn a Pony-themed artwork, contributed to a Pony fanfic, or anything else along those lines. If I have done anything like that, I want you to punch me in the face without warning. This make sound like I'm joking, but I am absolutely serious about this. Ignore any future statements retracting this if I ever make any. Though if you do, please first confirm that it is me who is doing it, and not some Brony who is posing as me and wants to see me get punched. I do not wish to go down the path of the Bronies, and hopefully those of you reading this will help me so that it stays that way, if god forbid I ever even attempt it.
Thank you.

Kamui OS
Fraxy Beginner
Fraxy Beginner

Re: WARNING, A Huge Battleship, THE EMBRYON, is Approaching

Post by Kamui OS »

It's really looking like a good rendition. Are you going to try to mimic an A/N beam?
We, the unwilling, led by the unknowing, are doing the impossible for the ungrateful. We have done so much, for so long, with so little, we are now qualified to do anything with nothing. - Unknown

Support these sites!
Here...
Redux Wiki
Fraxy Academy
Fraxy Facebook Group
Fraxy YouTube Group
Shoot Em Up Wiki
Gradius Homeworld

IRC:
UFF - irc.us.mibbit.net #Fraxyuff
Redux - nucleus.kafuka.org or kuroi.irc.djbouche.net #fraxy

Best Fortune From Cookie: "Made In The USA"

Armored Entity
Advanced Fraxian
Advanced Fraxian

Post by Armored Entity »

Unfortunately no. I plan to leave out all the beam attacks, (don't know any possible way to mimic a Capture Ball for it either), but the rest I'll try to do the same. The guy who requested it understands this, but he doesn't really mind, as long as the rest is still good.
If someday we meet in person in the near future, and I had recently done anything that would confirm that I had become a Brony (which as of now I am not one), such as if I had posted on a Pony-related fan-site, drawn a Pony-themed artwork, contributed to a Pony fanfic, or anything else along those lines. If I have done anything like that, I want you to punch me in the face without warning. This make sound like I'm joking, but I am absolutely serious about this. Ignore any future statements retracting this if I ever make any. Though if you do, please first confirm that it is me who is doing it, and not some Brony who is posing as me and wants to see me get punched. I do not wish to go down the path of the Bronies, and hopefully those of you reading this will help me so that it stays that way, if god forbid I ever even attempt it.
Thank you.

ShadowSpectre
Retired Staff
Retired Staff
Epicness: Mr Self Destruct
Gold Stars: One. But really pretty.

Post by ShadowSpectre »

Metarex Master wrote:Image
NOT-YET FINISHED DINOSAUR WITH NINJA RIDER

COMPLETE IT AND ALL IS FORGIVEN
Out for lunch. Return uncertain.

Aquamancia
Advanced Fraxian
Advanced Fraxian
Epicness: *hands out Epic Jar* Pay up.
Gold Stars: 42

Post by Aquamancia »

ShadowSpectre wrote:NOT-YET FINISHED DINOSAUR WITH NINJA RIDER

COMPLETE IT AND ALL IS FORGIVEN
Win.

But yeah, the designs don't look too bad so far.
Fraxy Creations and Mirrors
Creations Thread
Twitter

Just as Japlanned.

i was such a jerk on here

Armored Entity
Advanced Fraxian
Advanced Fraxian

Post by Armored Entity »

A little bit of progress on this boss that I'd like to share.

-When you do enough damage to the head, it explodes (turns hidden and an explosion effector plays), then it flashes for a few seconds and then regenerates with full health, just like in the original. Only the power core is really destroyable. This is mainly for the parts where it changes to the diamond-like form and its head blocks most of your shots.
-Embryon now changes shape correctly, and there's two timers ready that play whenever it changes.
-Made large missiles for one of its "transition attacks" although the missiles aren't yet working properly. Basically each time you inflict a large amount of damage to its core, it teleports offscreen, then flies out in the distance and shoots multiple huge missiles from the sides. The missiles look right, but I don't have them completely working.
-Embryon's one "Laser sweep" attack that it fires a thin laser that it sweeps across the screen, is working now.

And BTW, that's not a dinosaur head. It is a giant fish head that it shoots at you for one of its attacks.
Thank you.

Kamui OS
Fraxy Beginner
Fraxy Beginner

Post by Kamui OS »

Excellent! Personally I never liked fighting The Embryon since it was too tricky to deal with but its attacks were rather unique. I wonder how (if) you're going to deal with the spiral laser attack it fires while the Eclipse Eye heads are shooting out.
We, the unwilling, led by the unknowing, are doing the impossible for the ungrateful. We have done so much, for so long, with so little, we are now qualified to do anything with nothing. - Unknown

Support these sites!
Here...
Redux Wiki
Fraxy Academy
Fraxy Facebook Group
Fraxy YouTube Group
Shoot Em Up Wiki
Gradius Homeworld

IRC:
UFF - irc.us.mibbit.net #Fraxyuff
Redux - nucleus.kafuka.org or kuroi.irc.djbouche.net #fraxy

Best Fortune From Cookie: "Made In The USA"

XGluon
Fraxy Beginner
Fraxy Beginner

Post by XGluon »

Metarex Master wrote:I was also thinking of adding the yellow version when I am done with the regular one, as for the Yellow one is just the same but with different colors (easy to change the search lights) and it uses its attacks in a different sequence.
Actually, The Embryon's alternate color is red, not yellow.

Here's a video that proves that it is indeed red in color:

It only appears yellow due to the glow from its core.
A guide to my "modes":
*Dead Serious
*Normal
*Polite

Currently Working On/Plan to Make: ("Modes" don't apply here)
ZODIAC Gemini (For Rumia Chrome's Project RAIWAT collab)
Evacanneer (Fraxy Label)
Onbashira Core (Kanako Yasaka remake)
Lar (Fraxy Label) (Aero Fighters/Sonic Wings tribute-Remake of one of Aero Fighters 2/Sonic Wings 2's final bosses)
Satariel Beta (Remake of the final boss of the original ALLTYNEX game)

A word of warning: I don't tolerate laziness.

Armored Entity
Advanced Fraxian
Advanced Fraxian

Post by Armored Entity »

Thanks for that Xgluon. I didn't really notice it was red. Maybe the Core glow made it look that way, but then again I also am partially colorblind, making there many times when colors look different to me than what they really are.

Thanks. If I make the other version, I'll remember to use the red search light color then.

Also something else I added.
This is for the attack it uses between phase transitions. As you can see, I made this thing for it flying past in the background, and 4 giant missiles then go in and try to hit you. A second set also comes in from the other side. You can shoot them down too, but its hard since they are fast and stuff.
Thank you.

Garoslaw
VIP Member
VIP Member
Gold Stars: 4

Post by Garoslaw »

The Searchlights make the thing look like a bug's head.
:yap: