Fr±x►. pubæc rele±s► 0.32

Share your Fraxy bosses, drones, and TRY files here. You can also show previews here.
AlexMdle
Administrator
Administrator
Epicness: micro skills

Re: Fr±x►. pubæc rele±s► 0.11

Post by AlexMdle »

Garoslaw wrote:Is Stage 3 Is some sort of an underground stage?
Nah, the entire game takes place in one huge space station. Hell, you even see the transition to there in stage 1.

(Intro in space > Stage 1 mostly in a structure with space visible outside > Boss 1 transition to the structure alone)
Now under new management.

Garoslaw
VIP Member
VIP Member
Gold Stars: 4

Post by Garoslaw »

Ah, now there's something to look at.

When I first saw it i thought the player was entering a tunnel with rails of sorts on stage 1
:yap:

Armored Entity
Advanced Fraxian
Advanced Fraxian
Epicness: Not exactly sure, but perhaps pretty epic.

Post by Armored Entity »

I have another question.

How did you change the sound effects in this new version? Especially the ones like the Power Lasers (which normally don't make any noise at all when fired). I wanna know how to do this for my own try projects too.

And you still haven't told me what the new Stage 2 and Stage 3 music is.
I would like to ask a favor from for anyone who is my friend here.
If someday we meet in person in the near future, and I had recently done anything that would confirm that I had become a Brony (which as of now I am not one), such as if I had posted on a Pony-related fan-site, drawn a Pony-themed artwork, contributed to a Pony fanfic, or anything else along those lines. If I have done anything like that, I want you to punch me in the face without warning. This make sound like I'm joking, but I am absolutely serious about this. Ignore any future statements retracting this if I ever make any. Though if you do, please first confirm that it is me who is doing it, and not some Brony who is posing as me and wants to see me get punched. I do not wish to go down the path of the Bronies, and hopefully those of you reading this will help me so that it stays that way, if god forbid I ever even attempt it.
Thank you.

AlexMdle
Administrator
Administrator

Post by AlexMdle »

Changed the sound effect files for fraxy. I will probably package them together with the try upon the release.

Armored Entity
Advanced Fraxian
Advanced Fraxian
Epicness: Not exactly sure, but perhaps pretty epic.

Post by Armored Entity »

Even the Power Lasers? From what I know, Power Lasers aren't supposed to make any noise normally, so how did you make them play that sound when they fire? I didn't even see a sound clip in the file folder for the Power Laser firing.

And you still haven't answered me about the music that is used for Stage 2 and 3
I would like to ask a favor from for anyone who is my friend here.
If someday we meet in person in the near future, and I had recently done anything that would confirm that I had become a Brony (which as of now I am not one), such as if I had posted on a Pony-related fan-site, drawn a Pony-themed artwork, contributed to a Pony fanfic, or anything else along those lines. If I have done anything like that, I want you to punch me in the face without warning. This make sound like I'm joking, but I am absolutely serious about this. Ignore any future statements retracting this if I ever make any. Though if you do, please first confirm that it is me who is doing it, and not some Brony who is posing as me and wants to see me get punched. I do not wish to go down the path of the Bronies, and hopefully those of you reading this will help me so that it stays that way, if god forbid I ever even attempt it.
Thank you.

PureQuestion
Epicness: 12
Gold Stars: 1

Post by PureQuestion »

Armored Entity wrote:Even the Power Lasers? From what I know, Power Lasers aren't supposed to make any noise normally, so how did you make them play that sound when they fire? I didn't even see a sound clip in the file folder for the Power Laser firing.

And you still haven't answered me about the music that is used for Stage 2 and 3
A friendly reminder from your resident PureQuestion: Fraxy has a part called the Sound Effector.
Leech
Parasite
Alien
Angel
Hell
Demon
Wrath
Signamente -         - Necros -         - Termos        
Omnis

This signature has been signed by the End of Infinity.

ZarroTsu
Excelling Fraxian
Excelling Fraxian
Gold Stars: 21

Post by ZarroTsu »

Open sound.txt in the \se\ folder. Notice all the lines with a // before them? These exist in the code, but not as a sound file. If you add a relative sound file and remove the // from the beginning of the line, it should work.

AlexMdle
Administrator
Administrator

Post by AlexMdle »

I didnt do any of that o_o

I just replaced the se files with the sound files from Radio Zonde's folder.

Granted I got the current se folder sent to me, but it was largely the same thing.

AlexMdle
Administrator
Administrator

Re: Fr±x►. pubæc rele±s► 0.21

Post by AlexMdle »

Version 0.21:
-3 Stages completed.
-First two bosses possess an overdrive mode. Can you activate it? Can you survive it?
-Now with graphical changes! In color even!
Please note:
Use the provided Interface in the TRY folder. (Place it into the interface directory)
Use the provided Sound effects in the TRY folder. (Place it into the fraxy directory, dont forget to make a backup beforehand!)
Window size x2 recommended.

Scionox
Elite Fraxian
Elite Fraxian
Epicness: Rawr
Gold Stars: 1

Re: Fr±x►. pubæc rele±s► 0.21

Post by Scionox »

I took a look at this try, and there's my thoughts

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Overall:
Good job so far, even if i am not personally fan of horizontals, i somewhat liked it ^_^
It would be interesting to see what scoring system you come up for it later, i suppose
Player ship side bullets feels somewhat underpowered, may be just me though ^_^;
I would suggest adding second firemode to the player ship, but that's just my opinion
Did you forgot to add enemy bullet color trigger to try?

Stage 1:
Good and balanced, but feels slightly repetitive due to low number of enemy types + repeating background
Boss is pretty nice, except

Stage 2:
Again, slightly repetitive at some parts (walls of hori laser/non-laser drones for example), and i liked those rotating wall drones / laser blocking gimmicks ^_^
For boss, i suppose it's my favorite boss of try for now
Is semi-safespots outside of boss intentional ^_^; ?

Stage 3:
Favorite stage for now, but again slightly repetitive at some parts (Why all these stages have this feel, maybe i am just too used to play more 'arcade' shmups, where more different things happening per stage part)
As Armored mentioned earlier in this thread, power lasers hitting some turrets looks weird ^_^;
I would suggest making turrets being disabled at midbosses slightly longer, at this moment there is little to no point to concentrate fire on them, i suppose
Boss definitely feels too long for stage 3 boss, i suppose, but that depends on overall number of stages, i suppose
It would look better in my opinion if big cores on sides of boss moved along with walls ^o^

Looking forward for further updates and end result ^_^
Was known as: <Insert huge list of nicknames i wont ever use again>
Ancient creation list: http://www.fraxyhq.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1526" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
YouTube Channel: Click
Rawr.

This signature has been signed by the End of Infinity.