[FHQ] - Try Project (Revival)

Share your Fraxy bosses, drones, and TRY files here. You can also show previews here.
Armored Entity
Advanced Fraxian
Advanced Fraxian
Epicness: Not exactly sure, but perhaps pretty epic.

Re: FHQ Try Project

Post by Armored Entity »

Hey, I had an idea for this try that would be good to implement in one of the levels. This also might help with your problem of squeezing in all the various bosses into this try.

I based this Stage idea of the 6th Stage of Strikers 1999 (the space station stage).
Basically, at the end of the level, there will be these 3 or so capsules or something of that sort in front of you, although some enemies will spawn around here too. Once the capsules move down to about halfway down the screen, depending on which one you are closest to at that point, that capsule will eject the foe inside that one and you will fight one of 3 bosses. You will face the first one of the bosses if you're near the right of the screen (first capsule), the second boss if you are near the left of the screen (second capsule), and the third boss if you are near the center of the screen (third capsule), but you don't fight all three, just one of those 3.
You can use Search Lights or something to detect which capsule the player is closest too, and the capsules should be evenly spaced between each other. Also as to not make this too simple for the player, all 3 of the boss choices you can face are about equal difficulty, just different attacks, and the enemies that spawn around the time the capsules first appear will make the player have to move a lot and might make it harder to focus on the capsules. This would probably work well for Stage 4, 5 or 6. I feel like this would be a good idea, as for it not only helps a bit with your space for bosses problem, but it also makes the player wanna replay that level more times and adds a bit of a puzzle to it.

What do you think? Do you think you could implement this into FHQ?
I would like to ask a favor from for anyone who is my friend here.
If someday we meet in person in the near future, and I had recently done anything that would confirm that I had become a Brony (which as of now I am not one), such as if I had posted on a Pony-related fan-site, drawn a Pony-themed artwork, contributed to a Pony fanfic, or anything else along those lines. If I have done anything like that, I want you to punch me in the face without warning. This make sound like I'm joking, but I am absolutely serious about this. Ignore any future statements retracting this if I ever make any. Though if you do, please first confirm that it is me who is doing it, and not some Brony who is posing as me and wants to see me get punched. I do not wish to go down the path of the Bronies, and hopefully those of you reading this will help me so that it stays that way, if god forbid I ever even attempt it.
Thank you.

Halico
Fraxy God
Fraxy God
Epicness: Is an idiot also genius asdfsadf

Post by Halico »

Stage list has only EVERYONE cept me and BH >_>
Whee.

Xeilumardrox
Epicness: Contradictory
Gold Stars: 5

Post by Xeilumardrox »

Metarex Master wrote:Hey, I had an idea for this try that would be good to implement in one of the levels. This also might help with your problem of squeezing in all the various bosses into this try.

I based this Stage idea of the 6th Stage of Strikers 1999 (the space station stage).
Basically, at the end of the level, there will be these 3 or so capsules or something of that sort in front of you, although some enemies will spawn around here too. Once the capsules move down to about halfway down the screen, depending on which one you are closest to at that point, that capsule will eject the foe inside that one and you will fight one of 3 bosses. You will face the first one of the bosses if you're near the right of the screen (first capsule), the second boss if you are near the left of the screen (second capsule), and the third boss if you are near the center of the screen (third capsule), but you don't fight all three, just one of those 3.
You can use Search Lights or something to detect which capsule the player is closest too, and the capsules should be evenly spaced between each other. Also as to not make this too simple for the player, all 3 of the boss choices you can face are about equal difficulty, just different attacks, and the enemies that spawn around the time the capsules first appear will make the player have to move a lot and might make it harder to focus on the capsules. This would probably work well for Stage 4, 5 or 6. I feel like this would be a good idea, as for it not only helps a bit with your space for bosses problem, but it also makes the player wanna replay that level more times and adds a bit of a puzzle to it.

What do you think? Do you think you could implement this into FHQ?
Already have something similar like that planned, but it's not for the normal stages. Don't feel like doing something like that again for another stage.
Dualer wrote:Stage list has only EVERYONE cept me and BH >_>
You guys never requested to be on it. If you read my huge wall of text, you would have at least known to request it.
I'll add you on for now, and BH if (s)he requests so.
Current Fraxy Projects:
MoSF XVIII - Desire, FraxyHQ Try Project

Annoyance Points: 0/5 *RESET*

Formerly known as Vortexreaper and Scytheradrox...

This signature has been signed by the End of Infinity.

Armored Entity
Advanced Fraxian
Advanced Fraxian
Epicness: Not exactly sure, but perhaps pretty epic.

Post by Armored Entity »

GradiusuiraD wrote:I want in for why the hell not.

Make me gradius/darius themed.

The boss should be my avatar,2 turtles should detach and act as a dual boss after the middle is shot off.

That's a neat concept. Maybe I'll use that in one of my future bosses too.
I would like to ask a favor from for anyone who is my friend here.
If someday we meet in person in the near future, and I had recently done anything that would confirm that I had become a Brony (which as of now I am not one), such as if I had posted on a Pony-related fan-site, drawn a Pony-themed artwork, contributed to a Pony fanfic, or anything else along those lines. If I have done anything like that, I want you to punch me in the face without warning. This make sound like I'm joking, but I am absolutely serious about this. Ignore any future statements retracting this if I ever make any. Though if you do, please first confirm that it is me who is doing it, and not some Brony who is posing as me and wants to see me get punched. I do not wish to go down the path of the Bronies, and hopefully those of you reading this will help me so that it stays that way, if god forbid I ever even attempt it.
Thank you.

Halico
Fraxy God
Fraxy God

Post by Halico »

Xeilumardrox wrote:
Dualer wrote:Stage list has only EVERYONE cept me and BH >_>
You guys never requested to be on it. If you read my huge wall of text, you would have at least known to request it.
I'll add you on for now, and BH if (s)he requests so.
Thought I did request it(first page)
Whee.

White Glint
Elite Fraxian
Elite Fraxian

Post by White Glint »

OH WHATEVER.
IF zis is a late reply, apologies.
ANYWAY.
Then I should be a fricken' boss, Sorta like human ver of mine but then more mechanic [think of it as a cyborg.]
PLUS, you set me in whatever place I appear.
Current Project(s): Evacé =CFA-44=
Later Projects/Need to Balance:
Completed Projects: Crimson Heart Remake, Dareaki Battleship 500K (Phase 1), Berzé Multi Type, Beezer Gorgoton Type, ESD VI - Maer, Hinderance, Answerer
Lost Projects: Hell's Gate, King Lorentus XIV
Also known as: Black Heart, Medako, Koko
Image Image Image Image Image Image

[][][][]
Fraxy God
Fraxy God
Epicness: Never enough.

Post by [][][][] »

Hmm...

I'd say a secret boss based on me.

Boss Rush of mishmashes of minibosses, then me in a UFO that is connected to the creating machine.

I split off, then junction with a machine.

Three machines for three forms, then I fight directly with the UFO turned into my armor, then I surrender and hand over boni.

Hope that works.

I suppose each form would be short, but somewhat hard, however I'd prefer the fighting style of Firefox11's bosses.

[By the way, this is just framework, go crazy with it, but I'd wish for it to remain in this format, or at least close to it.]
There was once something here,
but it's now gone.

Xeilumardrox
Epicness: Contradictory
Gold Stars: 5

Re: [FHQ] - Try Project (HELP WANTED)

Post by Xeilumardrox »

BUMP
So I decided to drop my stubborness and prolonged persistance of trying to create this huge project mostly by myself with little help. I thought I would have enough time before, but with the time constraints given to me in real life, it would be outright impossible for me to complete this TRY without taking another 10 years at the very least.
So for anybody who's interested in helping me, post below.

Help Wanted (you can request for a spot that's not in this list):
Wave Designers
Musicians
Drone Designers
Graphic Designers [specifically backgrounds currently]
TRY Code Programmers
Playtesters
Idea Development
More to come...
Current Fraxy Projects:
MoSF XVIII - Desire, FraxyHQ Try Project

Annoyance Points: 0/5 *RESET*

Formerly known as Vortexreaper and Scytheradrox...

This signature has been signed by the End of Infinity.

ShadowHunter
Elite Fraxian
Elite Fraxian
Epicness: ۞

Post by ShadowHunter »

I can do playtester
Last edited by ShadowHunter on Sat Feb 01, 2014 3:27 am, edited 1 time in total.
۞

Halico
Fraxy God
Fraxy God

Post by Halico »

I would help but I can't have fraxy on this computer
Whee.