Help with a very complex boss

Talk about anything Fraxy-related here. If you need help with Fraxy or the forums, you can ask here.
Armored Entity
Advanced Fraxian
Advanced Fraxian
Epicness: Not exactly sure, but perhaps pretty epic.

Help with a very complex boss

Post by Armored Entity »

Hello guys, I need some help with a very complex, but unique boss I am currently making.
As you can see, it is a small humanoid that hides itself inside those shell-things. What I was going to make it do is hide in one of them at random, and evey 750 or so frames, it peeks out, then disppaears and then changes which of the 4 it is hiding in. Also when hidden, it gives no hint as to where it is, and hitting the right one does damage (of course), but hitting the wrong one results in it shooting an aimed counterattack. And the way it hides every time is random and completely unpredictable. Also so that it isn't way too hard, it also has low health.

So essentially the boss is like one big Shell Game-type thing. It may also somewhat remind you of the Yu-Gi-Oh Magical Hats spell card, or an easier version of this Chrono Trigger boss called Son of the Sun. It will also have a second phase that is a staight-forward fight, but I can make that part myself easily.

So does anyone have an idea on how I could do this in Fraxy? I really need some help with this.
I would like to ask a favor from for anyone who is my friend here.
If someday we meet in person in the near future, and I had recently done anything that would confirm that I had become a Brony (which as of now I am not one), such as if I had posted on a Pony-related fan-site, drawn a Pony-themed artwork, contributed to a Pony fanfic, or anything else along those lines. If I have done anything like that, I want you to punch me in the face without warning. This make sound like I'm joking, but I am absolutely serious about this. Ignore any future statements retracting this if I ever make any. Though if you do, please first confirm that it is me who is doing it, and not some Brony who is posing as me and wants to see me get punched. I do not wish to go down the path of the Bronies, and hopefully those of you reading this will help me so that it stays that way, if god forbid I ever even attempt it.
Thank you.

[][][][]
Fraxy God
Fraxy God
Epicness: Never enough.

Re: Help with a very complex boss

Post by [][][][] »

Hmm...
Ah.
You could have four duplicate humanoids in each of the shells, and a randomizer that adds 1 variable to itself every frame, resetting to 1 when it reaches 5 or above, with +1 variable for actions, like shooting, boosting, changing direction of movement, using a support weapon, losing health, etc.

Then you could use an event that specifies to take the variable of one part, then morph said variable into a variable for the part to specify where the real humanoid is.

Make sure to mark the real one with a variable, and the fake ones with variables as well. Don't forget to change the draw setting (Hide to Show) as well.

Ask Alex about the one-part randomizer. He knows that, he made that, and I used it, or at least my memory of it.

PS. That's unique. Care to show us the second form?
EDIT: The one-part randomizer? This post:

Code: Select all

http://fraxyhq.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=29960#p29960
Credits to Alex.
There was once something here,
but it's now gone.

Armored Entity
Advanced Fraxian
Advanced Fraxian
Epicness: Not exactly sure, but perhaps pretty epic.

Re: Help with a very complex boss

Post by Armored Entity »

Well I'd like to tell you some stuff on this.

I managed to recently pull off this sort of boss.
However, I decided to trash the whole project. The reason being is that it became way too annoying. The way it kept changing places and no idea where it is made it only hard in the fact that I can't predict the future, and slowly making it become not fun for me to fight. I thought it would be an interesting gimmick for me, but it didn't work out well for the boss, even though its attacks weren't completely finished and stuff.

To sum it all up, this didn't work out well in a Fraxy boss and I have cancelled the whole project.
I would like to ask a favor from for anyone who is my friend here.
If someday we meet in person in the near future, and I had recently done anything that would confirm that I had become a Brony (which as of now I am not one), such as if I had posted on a Pony-related fan-site, drawn a Pony-themed artwork, contributed to a Pony fanfic, or anything else along those lines. If I have done anything like that, I want you to punch me in the face without warning. This make sound like I'm joking, but I am absolutely serious about this. Ignore any future statements retracting this if I ever make any. Though if you do, please first confirm that it is me who is doing it, and not some Brony who is posing as me and wants to see me get punched. I do not wish to go down the path of the Bronies, and hopefully those of you reading this will help me so that it stays that way, if god forbid I ever even attempt it.
Thank you.